In Beta v1.1.0 you can recruit the Minor Clans as vassal, I actually think this bug should be added though.

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it's a bug and I could have sworn I saw a patch note about this already, but it's not on the current patch notes so who cares, bugs get patched and re-added constantly. However I think this beneficial bug is fun and useful. By obtaining all the Minor clans we can prevent the cheating, annoying, horribly designed AI factions from getting to constantly hire them when they should be out of money and leaving the game already (I mean if it was designed well).

To get them you must recruit them from the prisoners dialogue with the clan leader, but it seems unusually easy and cheap. I don't know if it will have issues later but I've had them for a bit now and they seem to function as a normal Vassal Clan fine.

Based.

This is the rare time that a bug is actually a feature, don't fix it please.

When you recruit them in, are they still marked in a "forever war" with their nemesis Major (e.g., if you recruit The Hidden Hand are they still shown at war with N/S/E Empires) @Ananda_The_Destroyer ??

I think it's a bug and I could have sworn I saw a patch note about this already, but it's not on the current patch notes so who cares, bugs get patched and re-added constantly. However I think this beneficial bug is fun and useful. By obtaining all the Minor clans we can prevent the cheating, annoying, horribly designed AI factions from getting to constantly hire them when they should be out of money and leaving the game already (I mean if it was designed well).

To get them you must recruit them from the prisoners dialogue with the clan leader, but it seems unusually easy and cheap. I don't know if it will have issues later but I've had them for a bit now and they seem to function as a normal Vassal Clan fine.

I've done this with the Ghilman and some other one on version 1.03; it's not permanent. Eventually they'll defect to another faction as mercenaries (you won't lose any territories--all ones they have get voted for afterwards) so I don't recommend doing this normally.

However, I do agree that it'd be great if we could recruit minor factions and mercenaries as permanent nobility. That's kinda how many players become nobles in-universe after all lol.

I've done this with the Ghilman and some other one on version 1.03; it's not permanent. Eventually they'll defect to another faction as mercenaries (you won't lose any territories--all ones they have get voted for afterwards) so I don't recommend doing this normally.

However, I do agree that it'd be great if we could recruit minor factions and mercenaries as permanent nobility. That's kinda how many players become nobles in-universe after all lol.
It would also be cool to see new minor factions generated over time led by unhired wanderers in the same way the game generates new nobles to keep clans from dying out. The wanderers already have unique backstories based on their surnames, and I'm guessing most players would be fine if they simply generated troops from their troop trees vs. having to create custom troops for each one.

Keeps Calradia feeling like a living, breathing entity for multigenerational playthroughs (and makes things less lonely since it would mean the player isn't the only adventurer out there).

It would also be cool to see new minor factions generated over time led by unhired wanderers in the same way the game generates new nobles to keep clans from dying out. The wanderers already have unique backstories based on their surnames, and I'm guessing most players would be fine if they simply generated troops from their troop trees vs. having to create custom troops for each one.

Keeps Calradia feeling like a living, breathing entity for multigenerational playthroughs (and makes things less lonely since it would mean the player isn't the only adventurer out there).
Yep. I'd like this as well. Furthermore, it'd be very good if the generated clans, instead of being called "founder's clan," had their surnames picked randomly from the same list used to give default names/surnames for the player. As it is, it's pretty awkward since you can tell at a glance who's generated and who's not, and this simple change would make new clans more immersively implement.

I feel like they might see this better in the feedback section, but if they see it, agreed. A bug that works as a feature, best not to be "fixed".

Back
Top Bottom