improving town prosperity

Users who are viewing this thread

Urlik

Sergeant Knight
we all know that it is almost useless to try to improve the prosperity by going and getting the items the guildmaster tells you that the town is short of.

but I think I've found a different way to go about it :smile:

go to the villages around the town and give them tools, salt, grapes, grain, buy a cow and slaughter it then give them the meat, basically give the villages the raw materials then let them take these to the town then patrol around the area to keep bandits away and the prosperity will go up

it only needs 1 or 2 raw materials per village to start having an effect and it is best to get these from a town belonging to a different faction so that you don't create a bigger shortage of them in the town you want to raise the prosperity

Interesting thoughts.  I have wondered if by buying all the supplies and raw materials from villages if I wasn't actually hurting them?  Sure they have more money, but do they then have to go to town to buy more supplies?  Very interesting.

I've been taking salt to loads of the villages round my towns (even the villages that are not mine if the farmers go to my town) and I just give it to them.

the villages are all average at least and some are rich and the towns have workers flocking in

it's a lot easier to get a few sacks of salt and visit the villages than it is to try to get all the stuff the guildmaster says the town needs and, while you are doing this, you can chase bandits down.

I'd be interested if anyone else gets the same results as me.

I agree, buying all their offered items might make them "rich", but they remain struggling or at best unremarkable, even though I protect them for a while.

I also have tried giving villages tools and other raw materials but in my experience they have not gone beyond unremarkable.

As for Towns,
I have bought a lot from Tulga and merchant has more than 150,000 denars but Town is still poor or neglected., again protecting it and all villages, farmers and caravans around it.

I have tried to supply all items requested by the guildmaster, except "Dried Meat", there is not enough of it anywhere in the map, and ferring "Fish" is ludicrous, with no success either.

Urlik said:
I've been taking salt to loads of the villages round my towns (even the villages that are not mine if the farmers go to my town) and I just give it to them.

the villages are all average at least and some are rich and the towns have workers flocking in

it's a lot easier to get a few sacks of salt and visit the villages than it is to try to get all the stuff the guildmaster says the town needs and, while you are doing this, you can chase bandits down.

If it works for you, I guess it makes sense.

I have read some of the codings in the module files, and the price of salt determines the production of meat and fish. If salt is too expensive (salt shortage), the production of meat and fish will decrease in villages. If salt is not too expensive, production of meat and fish will be near max.

Higher prosperity also increases both consumption and production, so your villages that have high prosperity will produce more items. More items mean they can sell them to town and decrease the town item shortages, which increases town prosperity. The lower the item shortages, the higher the "default" town prosperity.

original said:
Urlik said:

If it works for you, I guess it makes sense.

I have read some of the codings in the module files, and the price of salt determines the production of meat and fish. If salt is too expensive (salt shortage), the production of meat and fish will decrease in villages. If salt is not too expensive, production of meat and fish will be near max.

Higher prosperity also increases both consumption and production, so your villages that have high prosperity will produce more items. More items mean they can sell them to town and decrease the town item shortages, which increases town prosperity. The lower the item shortages, the higher the "default" town prosperity.

The question then becomes do the peasants actually consume in game raw materials or is it just scripted magic based off of price and an auto-removal of items?

I myself try a variation of this. I take some of the items the guildmaster says the town needs to the town and I also take things to the villages that feed the town. I have had some sucess but it is difficult to sustain when distracted by war.

Back
Top Bottom