Users who are viewing this thread

DeViiLzZ

Recruit
As it stands, I believe the whole relation and charm system is very unbalanced at the moment.

While AI snowballing is definitely an important and immediate issue; I think that it is insanely difficult at the moment for the player to gain relation with clans that aren't currently in your faction. With the most recent patch (1.05) making you lose so much relation from taking over settlements, and making clans despise you for ever being at war with them at some point, I think it is going to make the game way too hard to actually increase relation with anyone. Additionally, some wars start that you don't even want, and you get punished for that. Considering the fact that when you leave a faction you lose a ton of relation with them straight off the bat anyway, and there's no real way of increasing it again without constantly fighting lords in order to gain back 1 or 2 at a time, by showing mercy and releasing them instead of taking them prisoner. On top of that, you lose so much relation that you cannot even do quests for lords as a way to gain back the relation you've lost.

There seems to be many more ways of losing relation than there are gaining it, even if you do a goody-two-shoes play-through where you stack points into charm. Morevover, charm is basically pointless as it really doesn't help out in any way, and barely contributes to relation based mechanics and vice versa. You level up charm by gaining relation by talking to and bartering with nobles, and that supposedly helps you get more relation and increases your chances of persuading people to do things, in the long run. Yet you earn such little relation that it is nearly impossible to get charm above level 50 even if you have 5 focus points in it, therefore you can't get any bonuses from it to help your persuasion chances etc.

How are you meant to get clans to join you if they all hate you and you basically have no way of regaining relation before everyone just decides to declare war on you? Additionally, the most recent update stops clans from defecting to the faction that wiped their previous faction, but why wouldn't some clans that value strength want to defect to a stronger kingdom and join the winning side? It makes sense for some clans to hate you, but for others, it would be cool if they perhaps admired your strength and resolve and thought about joining you instead.

I love the game and appreciate all the work you've done and are continuing to do. I just want to see it prosper! But I really think that the charm and relation system is broken at the moment and could do with some balancing or a rework.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom