Users who are viewing this thread

Crossbows are ineffective in Single and Multiplayer. Every time I have tried to use them in MP my team complains even if I do well with them. The reason is because they have very few obvious advantages over just using the faster bow that has more arrows. I'm not saying they should be faster on the reload. Keep them thematically realistic. Make them more effective against shields. The lower tier the shield the fewer bolts needed before the enemy is being torn up. This would make them distinct and worthwhile. Any other attempt to balance them would also be appreciated.

Crossbows are ineffective in Single and Multiplayer. Every time I have tried to use them in MP my team complains even if I do well with them. The reason is because they have very few obvious advantages over just using the faster bow that has more arrows. I'm not saying they should be faster on the reload. Keep them thematically realistic. Make them more effective against shields. The lower tier the shield the fewer bolts needed before the enemy is being torn up. This would make them distinct and worthwhile. Any other attempt to balance them would also be appreciated.
Hit the enemy in the head and you dont need to worry about him anymore. You arent supposed to hit their shield, you could go for their feet aswell for "low" dmg hits.

definetly needs more dmg 131 isnt enough.

Hit the enemy in the head and you dont need to worry about him anymore. You arent supposed to hit their shield, you could go for their feet aswell for "low" dmg hits.

definetly needs more dmg 131 isnt enough.

I mean obviously you'd like to hit them in the head but when you have 8 AI bots who are supposed to assist in providing killing power you can't really just make them all get headshots everytime. Also everyone knows how to raise their shield to cover their head so unless you want to use several bolts (depending on the armor of their boots) while they are charging you with superior numbers it's not a real option. Chances are your guys are going to be shooting peoples shields. So something needs to be done to make them more effective. And to be clear perhaps initially there was confusion. I meant in regards to Captains mode specifically. I have no idea how they are in other modes. I assume useful in siege.

I mean obviously you'd like to hit them in the head but when you have 8 AI bots who are supposed to assist in providing killing power you can't really just make them all get headshots everytime. Also everyone knows how to raise their shield to cover their head so unless you want to use several bolts (depending on the armor of their boots) while they are charging you with superior numbers it's not a real option. Chances are your guys are going to be shooting peoples shields. So something needs to be done to make them more effective. And to be clear perhaps initially there was confusion. I meant in regards to Captains mode specifically. I have no idea how they are in other modes. I assume useful in siege.
if crossbows arent performing maybe they just need a bigger unit size? Or you need to set up crossfire.

...even if I do well with them...
...Make them more effective against shields. ...
If you are able to do well with them, I don't understand how you are seeing them as problematic.
Main point of the Shield is that it protects you from Ranged attacks, if it breaks shields as well, what else is there to stop it :grin:

Back
Top Bottom