SP - General Improvements to new game/character creation

Users who are viewing this thread

Choose your Character's Culture screen - There is a huge amount of unused space here that could be used for better information. For example, if I click on Battania, it tells me nothing that would suggest I can find the strongest foot archers in this faction - this is one of the main reasons players choose Battania. It should also include how many towns and castles each faction has - this is useful to consider. The culture bonuses also list a variety of terms players won't be familiar with, which could be elaborated upon - allow us to click or hover over these terms for descriptions.

Family and Story Background screens - We should be able to reroll our parents' and brother's appearance from this screen. I also think Sandbox mode should include the same starting family, minus the quest elements of course.

Youth screen - this is where we should be able to select or randomize horse color, or it should just be a feature of the game somewhere else.

Review screen - Here we should have an option to save our start, which should be available on the Character customization screen once any starts are saved. This jumps us to the end of the process if we want to use our start again.

Suggestion for a screen between story background and review - Equipment selection screen. This would give us basic options within certain limits to adjust equipment keeping to a rough exchange value. Sometimes the starting stats you want aren't really matched well with what kinds of equipment your character will use early on.

Choose your Character's Culture screen - There is a huge amount of unused space here that could be used for better information. For example, if I click on Battania, it tells me nothing that would suggest I can find the strongest foot archers in this faction - this is one of the main reasons players choose Battania. It should also include how many towns and castles each faction has - this is useful to consider. The culture bonuses also list a variety of terms players won't be familiar with, which could be elaborated upon - allow us to click or hover over these terms for descriptions.
True, Battania doesn't even sound like they have cities by the description of them lol.
Family and Story Background screens - We should be able to reroll our parents' and brother's appearance from this screen. I also think Sandbox mode should include the same starting family, minus the quest elements of course.
Agree but with the caveat of the sandbox family being an option, as I imagine that could be annoying to some players.
Suggestion for a screen between story background and review - Equipment selection screen. This would give us basic options within certain limits to adjust equipment keeping to a rough exchange value. Sometimes the starting stats you want aren't really matched well with what kinds of equipment your character will use early on.
I don't care too much about being able to precisely select your equipment but the screen where you choose your military background needs changing for quite a few cultures (e.g. the garrison option gives crossbow focus but equips the player with a bow).

Speaking of Vlandia actually, the family options are absolute trash unless you're running a crossbow build because only two don't spec you into crossbows... like damn, we get it taleworlds, Vlandia likes crossbows...

Or maybe sandbox should allow us to choose our family
so an option like choosing how many brothers and sisters we have and their ages would be cool

Back
Top Bottom