Improvements I've seen

Users who are viewing this thread

So I gave up on starting my own kingdom since all I was doing was running back and forth paying enemies not to siege my few castles, plus concern over save files not being compatible with any new patches, and went to support Rhagaea on a new game.

I had a good start. By slaughtering countless recruits with a core of palatine guards and using speed bumps (infantry) to help the pew fest, I got renown very quickly and next thing I know I was able to marry her daughter Ira and was given a lot of fiefs. Not sure how many, since some were given to me without me noticing (I never bothered voting) and retaken by the enemy immediately.

But as our empire expanded, so did the difficulty in logistics. We were usually at war with 3 or 4 factions at any time, so while I would go off to siege some castle or town (and fight Garios's army three times along the way) I would end up losing a town or two. So I'd turn around, resiege the 45 defenders and recap. But somewhere along the line it felt pointless. When attacked by extremely superior numbers, I would just line my archers up on a hill with infantry in front of them, then go play on my phone. All I was doing was running back and forth on the map destroying vast numbers of recruits and capturing extremely slippery lords who never learned from their mistakes.

My poor character was having an existential crisis. I had gained fame and fortune, but it all seemed meaningless. War was futile, and ambition was pointless. I was ready to give it all away and join a monastery, but monasteries haven't been implemented. So I took a break.

After a few weeks, I booted her up. I immediately engaged a numerically superior army and arranged my men in very favourable terrain. Imagine my surprise when I glanced up from my 9gag memes on my phone to see that my men had been routed. I reloaded my save game several times and saw defeat each time. I finally had to accept that this time it wasn't just mowing down guys in T-shirts, and for the first time ever I avoided the battle.

Suddenly the game became challenging. I focused on defending my one remaining city and castle, using most of my influence urging lords who hated me to sign up in my army to help defend and stripping my garrisons of men for field battles since there was no time to recruit. The Asserai and Khuzait captured large swathes of our lands, but I was able to hold on to my fiefs. Then, finally, peace was declared.

Now I've had peace before, and it usually lasts about 3 hours. I started recruiting, saving my game constantly in case I wandered too far from my lands and had to be there to prevent an attack. But the peace lasted. For two years!

I enjoyed my peace time. I refilled my garrisons, trained my men on the countless looters to a decent level, did any quest I could for my peoples, and rooted out any bandit lairs in my vicinity, plus participated in a lot of tournaments. It was very stress relieving.

After that, the wars came and went. Sometimes we'd make some gains, other times we struggled to hold what we had. But at least we weren't fighting everyone at once, and we still had moments of peace to consolidate what we had.

Eventually we conquered the factions one by one. I kept playing, since I wanted to see what my children would do. The oldest was 15, and I was curious when she would leave the nursery. So I chased looters and crept into bandit lairs, then suddenly there was a revolt! A defiant clan rejoined the defunct Asserai faction, and suddenly two cities and a castle in the desert were ready to take on the empire. Armies were assembled and the rebellion was crushed, but I had to admire their moxy. Plus it made the game just that much more interesting.

I guess this is just a very long way to say I am very happy with the improvements Taleworlds has made already. I never really gave up hope, since this has obviously been a passion project for Armagan since the start, but I did have my worries. I am sure once they take care of the myriad of bug fixes they will focus even more on content.

And maybe, just maybe, they'll make multiplayer fun.

Nice read.Thanks,.you must of ended the game on 1.4 were you get more peace. I play the bata so never get a chance to see my kids .so what age did yours get to so you could see them. Plus 1.4 1 has more changes in the game to make it even better. but doing so it had played up the peace side of the game again so we are waiting for a fix. once they do that i think 1.41 will go live...

Nice read.Thanks,.you must of ended the game on 1.4 were you get more peace. I play the bata so never get a chance to see my kids .so what age did yours get to so you could see them. Plus 1.4 1 has more changes in the game to make it even better. but doing so it had played up the peace side of the game again so we are waiting for a fix. once they do that i think 1.41 will go live...
It was 1.4, yet I still hear people *****. It could be because my conspiracy quest finally hit 2000/2000.

And no, I have never seen my children. Chaikand was captured, and apparently my kids were raised by my invisible brother. When I finally recaptured it and was rewarded it, they were still no where to be seen. It would have been hilarious to see a bunch of kids wandering the Great Hall. My oldest is 16, but still have not seen her. I think I'll **** around for two more years, and if she doesn't join my clan at 18... well then, i would have wasted a lot of time waiting for something that was not implemented yet.

PS. I hate that the game forces a background on me. We all know my brother was sold to the mines by my drunk ass father so he could buy more wine. I clued in and ran away to join a violent street gang where I would have died from either a noose or a knige had not a mercenary captain saw me and offered me a more honourable way to die.

It was 1.4, yet I still hear people *****. It could be because my conspiracy quest finally hit 2000/2000.

And no, I have never seen my children. Chaikand was captured, and apparently my kids were raised by my invisible brother. When I finally recaptured it and was rewarded it, they were still no where to be seen. It would have been hilarious to see a bunch of kids wandering the Great Hall. My oldest is 16, but still have not seen her. I think I'll **** around for two more years, and if she doesn't join my clan at 18... well then, i would have wasted a lot of time waiting for something that was not implemented yet.

PS. I hate that the game forces a background on me. We all know my brother was sold to the mines by my drunk ass father so he could buy more wine. I clued in and ran away to join a violent street gang where I would have died from either a noose or a knige had not a mercenary captain saw me and offered me a more honourable way to die.
LOL .. ok we may have to wait until there 18 then. so unless theres alot of game changes there will be no point in having kids as the game will be over before there at the good age. and yes like you back ground story .. would be nice to have it different ....
I am still on 1.4.1 bata. and so i have until Wednesday now for the next update to another bata i think. but in my game because of the wars all the time. its got to the point were there are only 4 factions left and not one of them can get any bigger unless i help. lol. one takes one city then it gets taken back. food running out as well for all sides so i just do what i like building up making armies for all my companions so i can run around the map with them with a army of 1,200 men. all T6 troops. then my first kid should be close to 18 and i hope i will see her, then when the new patch comes out and stops all this fighting. i will leave the faction i am with and start my own i dont want any of there crap lords with me ... me and my companions will do it all .. well sounds fun to me.

Back
Top Bottom