Improve peace negotiations

Users who are viewing this thread

I finally just got around to making my own kingdom in bannerlord and I was quite surprised to find that peace declarations are completely unilateral. Yes, you may have to pay some tribute but this seems like nothing compared to being able to declare war to take stuff from your enemies and then just make peace as soon as that 1k army stack roles up. It is a real shame because I think the barter system is one of the best new additions to bannerlord and I would love to see a barter for peace. Depending on how the war is going you can offer/demand flat sums of gold, a tribute and or fiefs.

Being able to just declare peace against opponants who have no logical reason to accept seems really gimmicky.

I finally just got around to making my own kingdom in bannerlord and I was quite surprised to find that peace declarations are completely unilateral. Yes, you may have to pay some tribute but this seems like nothing compared to being able to declare war to take stuff from your enemies and then just make peace as soon as that 1k army stack roles up. It is a real shame because I think the barter system is one of the best new additions to bannerlord and I would love to see a barter for peace. Depending on how the war is going you can offer/demand flat sums of gold, a tribute and or fiefs.

Being able to just declare peace against opponants who have no logical reason to accept seems really gimmicky.
totally agree with you
war is a tool that is used when diplomacy stops working - diplomacy has a goal
the correct decision is to set conditions (money, castle, towns, troops, food, resources, armor, weapons), and if the opponent refuses, then war is a decision

Last edited:
Doesn’t seem as though the current system will be changed at all. Diplomacy through the bartering screen would be so good but I think they actually removed the option to talk to another ruler and offer peace ins recent update, that was the only ‘diplomacy’ option available. Wish they chose to develop it.

Only issue I could see with the bartering system before is you could barter with ANY vassal to sue for peace which seems wrong.

If we could send a emissary or diplomat companion on a mission to barter for peace this could remedied. Add an option to initiate a barter, they return in a few days with the demands of the Ruler and you could either accept or decline.

Only issue I could see with the bartering system before is you could barter with ANY vassal to sue for peace which seems wrong.

If we could send a emissary or diplomat companion on a mission to barter for peace this could remedied. Add an option to initiate a barter, they return in a few days with the demands of the Ruler and you could either accept or decline.
Is that more wrong than simply declaring peace at any time without anyone on the enemy faction being able to object? I think the best way would be if you press the negotiate peace button and it just 'magically' opens a negotiation window with the king of that faction, regardless of where he is. I know that is not perfect but the current system makes playing your own kingdom just stupid and pointless.

How to easily conquer the entire map without losing a single seige, battle, getting captured or even having a single village be raided in 4 simple steps.

Step 1. Find an undefended castle.
Step 2. Declare war and take the castle
Step 3. Declare peace with that faction
Step 4. Repeat steps 1-3 as many times as needed to conquer the entire map.

Is an enemy chasing you that you can not outrun? Declare peace
Is your capital being siege and there is no way you can defend it? Declare peace.
Did a much stronger faction just declare war on you? Declare peace.
Do you want to take this castle from a faction that is way stronger than you? Follow steps 1-3.

It removes any challenge from the game. In every game I have played; warband, total war, crusader kings.... peace is NEVER unilateral. The AI looks at the state of the war and decides if peace is a good option. In no game (other than bannerlord) can you simply decide to have peace at any time and whenever it is convenient to avoid the consequences of declaring a war or what ever.

I mean it is fine if you are just a vassal because the AI will usually not vote for peace (although this still does not address the issue on why your council can force the enemy to stop attacking your castles) but for making your own kingdom, this is I think the most absurd exploit that no one is talking about.

Back
Top Bottom