Improve crossbow ease of use for the player

Users who are viewing this thread

crossbows are fun but the game does not give you any advantage that makes you decide between it or a bow, a bow will give you a much higher speed of fire, capable of killing hundreds in a defensive siege. If the high-tier crossbows had a more generous projectile velocity and drop it might be something to make you consider. Slower in cadence but easy to use for long-range shooting.

We could have to choose between fast shots but more difficult or slow shots but easier.

Another detail, the crossbows that you can load mounted, shouldn't they be able to be loaded on foot without the animation of resting it on the ground to reload?

Well, if they want to re-vamp the weapon mechanics or skills/perks, be my guest, but I think the advantage of Xbow is similar to in warband, you can just equip a light Xbow and have high damage/range and ease of aiming, out of the box. You don't need tp put any FP into it, it's just a tool. Contrary, the starting bows are very weak and awkward to aim, only with gaining skill, perks and weapon upgrades (requiring FP investment) to they become really good weapons. They could probably put some better perks for the player, maybe some cross over effects to make investing in control and raising mutiple ranged skills useful. As it is, it's a weakness of control that you basically only need 1 of the skills and the other 2 are redundant. Although for a NPC they can be good do to -cost governor perks and such.

I guess they should use a different animation, but iduno, maybe it's still easier to load them that way?

I think crossbows are already easy to use.
I don't know what you talking about and i can see a difference in style and incentives to each choice as it is .
Crossbows are much slower to reload in real life and the game is reflecting that perfectly.
There are some issue with the game, this is not one of them.

Well, if they want to re-vamp the weapon mechanics or skills/perks, be my guest, but I think the advantage of Xbow is similar to in warband, you can just equip a light Xbow and have high damage/range and ease of aiming, out of the box. You don't need tp put any FP into it, it's just a tool. Contrary, the starting bows are very weak and awkward to aim, only with gaining skill, perks and weapon upgrades (requiring FP investment) to they become really good weapons. They could probably put some better perks for the player, maybe some cross over effects to make investing in control and raising mutiple ranged skills useful. As it is, it's a weakness of control that you basically only need 1 of the skills and the other 2 are redundant. Although for a NPC they can be good do to -cost governor perks and such.

I guess they should use a different animation, but iduno, maybe it's still easier to load them that way?

I thought that the crossbows that are loaded mounted maybe on foot were loaded faster, using the logic of "if I can load it mounted, on foot it should be easier and therefore faster" but they take the same time. It seems to me that on foot they should be loaded with the same animation as mounted, allowing you to walk while recharging. Someone mentioned to me that there were special saddles to load mounted crossbows, I don't know if that's the case.

Undoubtedly at the beginning of the game the crossbow is much easier than using a bow, in terms of aim and can be a good option for those who want to take damage from a distance without investing control points, although with two talent points it is already enough to have 70 archery and use the best bows. The price difference is also noticeable, although in the game money is not a problem.

I think what is needed is a new tier of crossbows, with a minimum of 100 skill to use or something like that. That you have more damage, projectile speed and aim. Something that competes with the noble bows, not in speed but in other benefits, mainly in damage. Thus both branches, bows and crossbows, would have points to consider if you want to invest in any of them.

Back
Top Bottom