SP - General Improve Clan Relationship Calculations

Users who are viewing this thread

Conquerrr

Veteran
The existing clan relationship is completely shared by clan members without personal relationship, which makes the game too macro and lacks micro-feel. In reality, the relationship between clan members and the overall relationship between clan members often go against each other. I recommend separating personal relationships from clan relationships but keeping them relevant.

The simple solution is :
clan relationship = (clan leader relationship + average value of other clan member relationships)/2. The reason is that the clan leader has most of the decision-making power.

As for the influence of relationships on behavioral choices,
Assuming C=clan relationship, P=personal relationship,
a=clan relationship determines variable,
b=personal relationship determining variable,
The relational determinants of a certain behavior r=C*a+P*b.

For example, if a lord plunders the player's village, the relationship determination factor r=C*0.4+P*0.6.
However, the determinant of the relationship between a lord and a lady is r=C*0.7+P*0.3.
Perhaps more, the character of the character affects the changes of a and b. For example, an uninhibited lord, a<b; and a conservative lord, a>b.

There may be a better solution, but the aim is to separate personal relationships from clan relationships but keep them relevant. Hope my suggestion will be seen and considered.

Last edited:
I do quite like this suggestion and hopefully a similar system will be put in place in the future, but at the moment I understand why it exists the way it does given the confines of game mechanics we have at our disposal. All of our interactions that really determine relationship pretty much revolve around the clan leader and their decisions (Outside of marriage and quests for clans members of clans who dislike you.)

In addition to this system, more specific instances of relevant relation status would need to be introduced to provide these personal relationships actual merit. Perhaps even clans splintering or otherwise imploding from poor relation status within the clan could allow more emergent gameplay in longer campaigns. This could also provide an interesting sub-hierarchy outside of the standard kingdoms for the player to interact with and introduce a lot of roguery missions such as assassinating clan leaders or otherwise diminishing the power of clans through one way or another (sabotage, scare tactics, pinning a failed "assassination" attempt on another clan, etc) which would really spice up lord interactions.

Personal relations is on top of my wishlist. I would like a system where clan-relation is hard/slow to change. Quests and action gives personal relation to the questgiver(and potentially to the clan-leader if QG is a clanmember). Clan relation is gained on weekly/monthly/yearly bases depending on the relation with the clan-leader. If clan relation is lower than personal relation it will increase and vice versa. and all relations will change towards the clan-relation. So over time it´s hard to maintain both personal rivaly and friendships with members of other clans.

This way game can can be alot more generous with modifying personal relations. And building up(or ruining! ) clan-relation is nothing you do with one single action but build up for over time.

I do quite like this suggestion and hopefully a similar system will be put in place in the future, but at the moment I understand why it exists the way it does given the confines of game mechanics we have at our disposal. All of our interactions that really determine relationship pretty much revolve around the clan leader and their decisions (Outside of marriage and quests for clans members of clans who dislike you.)

In addition to this system, more specific instances of relevant relation status would need to be introduced to provide these personal relationships actual merit. Perhaps even clans splintering or otherwise imploding from poor relation status within the clan could allow more emergent gameplay in longer campaigns. This could also provide an interesting sub-hierarchy outside of the standard kingdoms for the player to interact with and introduce a lot of roguery missions such as assassinating clan leaders or otherwise diminishing the power of clans through one way or another (sabotage, scare tactics, pinning a failed "assassination" attempt on another clan, etc) which would really spice up lord interactions.
Agree, your analysis is in place. That will undoubtedly increase the vitality and randomness of the game world, which is exactly what I am after. At present, Bannerlord pays too much attention to the big functions of the macro aspect. This does require work, but some functions that seem to be unnecessary but greatly enhance the game experience cannot be ignored.

Personal relations is on top of my wishlist. I would like a system where clan-relation is hard/slow to change. Quests and action gives personal relation to the questgiver(and potentially to the clan-leader if QG is a clanmember). Clan relation is gained on weekly/monthly/yearly bases depending on the relation with the clan-leader. If clan relation is lower than personal relation it will increase and vice versa. and all relations will change towards the clan-relation. So over time it´s hard to maintain both personal rivaly and friendships with members of other clans.

This way game can can be alot more generous with modifying personal relations. And building up(or ruining! ) clan-relation is nothing you do with one single action but build up for over time.
Your point of view is relatively new, but it is undeniable that in reality, the two big families may turn against each other immediately due to one incident.

Back
Top Bottom