Imprisoned Lords Escape Too Easily

Users who are viewing this thread

bump. This is definitely preventing me from wanting to play the campaign. The amount of times I've captured the king of my enemies only to have him auto ransomed for a few thousand gold pieces while I travel to attack a city is insane. It's happened about 3 times this morning.

Correct me if I am wrong. But in Warband it took way longer time for a lord to get a new army. Not only did that take longer, when a lord had been defeated and/or escaped their location was "unknown" for some time. THEN when they showed up again they would hang out in a friendly town for a while doing nothing, they just hanged around for a day or two, doing absolutely nothing, not recruiting units until they had recovered or something.

All of that made it so that it actually mattered to defeat an enemy lord. You could also build a prison improvement for castles so they really stuck around for a while. It would matter to try and free friendly lord as they got available to fight faster etc. Now, who cares about freeing friendly lords? You don't get bonuses for it and he will be out in minutes anyway?

Now, nothing. He escapes withing minutes, you don't get a warning he escapes, he has a new army instantly.

This scenario is constant: You capture an enemy lord, minutes afterwards he attacks you with a new army, and you ask yourself; I thought this was my prisoner, guess not? repeat that indefinitely...

Just an endless stream of enemy lords...

I captured seven lords in a big battle, and went straight to the nearest town afterwards. It took less than a day to get there. When I got there I found that I only had four lords as prisoner, three had escaped in about twelve hours.

My companion's party got defeated and captured. He escaped only moments later, mere seconds of real time.

It's ridiculous, there is no point taking lords as prisoner at all at the moment.

+1. The only way to deal with them is executions as it is now. I get that the idea is to prevent snow balling, but at the very least, allow lords captured by players to stay in dungeons for a very long time.

Wow I just fought against 9 weakened Aserai lords who won battle against empire army and captured all of them(I made sure there was no prisoners over limit 35/35), 3 of them escaped INSTANTLY, not even a 5 hours I mean.... they just escaped as soon as I walked a bit. And before I got into nearby town (battle was near Tamnuh Castle, nearby ally town was Danustica) half of them escaped xD in 1 ingame day.

it's just ridiculous how fast they are escaping...
Currently there is absolutely no point in capturing them and this feature is so broken, why it even exists in the game? it should be renamed to:
"Capture enemy lord for 1-24 hours"

Please fix this!!!

Last edited:
Very annoying. Lords MUST stay in prison for much longer, until their clan buys them off. At least for 10 days. And in case with our own prison it should be only players decision to set them free or not.
And also, we miss a great opportunity for making more fun of the game. When companions are captured we should have 3 opportunities to get them out: 1) with force, capturing the city in which dungeon they are; 2) with roguery by sneaking in and breaking out the dungeon; 3) with money, buying them off with help of ransom broker (the price should be incredibly high at first, then lower with time).
Yet our companions reappear in game just like the other lords in a couple of days((

They do escape way to easily, but you can actually use them in a peace offer, if u capture the king you can pretty much just offer him for peace, if u can keep him that long. I think early game the system works as it is, but it dsnt scale good into the lategame.

Bump. This has been a thing since 1.0.0 and I am genuinely surprised they haven't adressed it yet.

I literally had to genocide 5-10 Aserai generals just to break the neck of their relentless assault on my south empire's borders because captured lords would just escape within a few days even when in a prison cell in a town or castle

I think the devs made the escape so easy to not make a faction loose all his lords for too many days after one or two unlucky army battles and getting steamrolled easily

but as of now the situation is really unbalanced, we can surely reach a middle ground

for example letting the AI lords releasing defeated lords after a battle, like the player can do, will reduce the necessity to make lords evade so quikly

maybe make the choice based on the relation between the two lords (enemy -> capture, friendly -> release, netrual -> 50:50 chance of capturing/releasing) or on the state of the war (winning -> release, losing -> capture) or both, also some trait could make the lord more inclined to releasing or capturing

It is okay for lords to escape so easily, they have a lot of experience on that. However the main difference between Warbands and Bannerlords imprisonment system is that in Warband a prisoner lord can escape only if they have fully recovered health, but in Bannerlord a prisoner lord can try to escape even with 0% health bar.

It is okay for lords to escape so easily, they have a lot of experience on that. However the main difference between Warbands and Bannerlords imprisonment system is that in Warband a prisoner lord can escape only if they have fully recovered health, but in Bannerlord a prisoner lord can try to escape even with 0% health bar.

I like how you humanize IA functionalities. I'm kind of OK if they at least had a % chance of escaping when they have 100%, but then only when you have them in your party, not in a dungeon xD

Nah, after they had escaped they hanged around for a few days in a castle/town with 0 troops before venturing out into the world. Here they respawn with a new army out in the field.

I like how you humanize IA functionalities. I'm kind of OK if they at least had a % chance of escaping when they have 100%, but then only when you have them in your party, not in a dungeon xD
They should be able to escape from the dungeons too. They are crafty bastards as same as a player.

Nah, after they had escaped they hanged around for a few days in a castle/town with 0 troops before venturing out into the world. Here they respawn with a new army out in the field.
Yeah, this is why I like more how its done in Warband.

I am on the latest release of beta 1.2, and I believe there is a bug as well. I went to help one of my towns, and captured at least 5 lords, (I did not get the chance to count them properly). I then entered the town, put all my prisoners into the dungeon, sold the loot, went to the garrison to top up, then went to the dungeon to find them all gone, never even left the town. So I think sometimes they all go at once.
I fully agree they should not be ransomed by the AI, it should be me who decides when they go. The Town was fully upgraded by the way.
Also, the other problem is the food. Lost loads of good troops because the towns supply of food ran very low, and I was not given the chance to help.
Stopped playing now for a while until its a bit more developed, or the mods fix the major problems. Great game prospects though.

Hoping this is fixed soon as it is quite depressing to defeat a large army while knowing it has no meaningful impact in the war effort as the lords will just form a new army in a matter of days regardless of what you do.

Back
Top Bottom