Importing Custom Models into the Editor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey there, I'm part of a team that's in the early stages of a Game of Thrones total conversion, and also working on my own various long-term projects involving Dragon Age and Age of Mythology. I wanted to know if it's actually possible to import custom models into the Editor as it is at the moment.

From what I can tell, models in the game use the .TRF format, which I guess is similar to the format from the original Mount and Blade engine. Are there any plugins or current methods for converting models into this format? I'm still going through the documentation so there may be something in there about this, but I haven't found it yet.

Hey there, I'm part of a team that's in the early stages of a Game of Thrones total conversion, and also working on my own various long-term projects involving Dragon Age and Age of Mythology. I wanted to know if it's actually possible to import custom models into the Editor as it is at the moment.

From what I can tell, models in the game use the .TRF format, which I guess is similar to the format from the original Mount and Blade engine. Are there any plugins or current methods for converting models into this format? I'm still going through the documentation so there may be something in there about this, but I haven't found it yet.
You need to set up your own submodule (currently without dlls as these conflict with the tools - hopefully TW will fix that soon). Then, you can import rigged meshes in fbx format. In the resource browser, select your mod's asset folder and right click in the main window for an asset import option.
AFAIK the only way to rig meshes currently, is to export rigged armours with TpacTool and copy their skeletal rigging onto your new armour. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/research-bannerlord-models.426736/post-9482770
@John_M is working on documentation for 3D Asset Workflow. Hopefully, he'll publish it soon. :smile:

PS This article screenshots some KOA armours in game. https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-lord-of-the-rings-mod-kingdoms-of-arda/news/mod-tools-are-here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom