Imported hair mesh appears shinier than vanilla hair mesh

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to import a custom hair mesh.

First I tested by exporting a vanilla hair mesh and reimporting it using the same material, and for some reason it appears shinier in-game. Am I missing a step here?

Vanilla:
screenshot18.png

Exported and reimported:
screenshot17.png

Solution
Probably wrong, but have you considered that the native hair mesh might have some monochrome shadows added as vertex colours underneath variable hair colours to accentuate details. That would darken the native hair colours. It's possible that vertex colours might be lost on export with TpacTool, but I'm just speculating.
Probably wrong, but have you considered that the native hair mesh might have some monochrome shadows added as vertex colours underneath variable hair colours to accentuate details. That would darken the native hair colours. It's possible that vertex colours might be lost on export with TpacTool, but I'm just speculating.
Hey, your answer is right! It is the vertex colors.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to import a custom hair mesh.

First I tested by exporting a vanilla hair mesh and reimporting it using the same material, and for some reason it appears shinier in-game. Am I missing a step here?

Vanilla:
screenshot18.png

Exported and reimported:
screenshot17.png

Hi there @order_without_power , I am trying to do the same but I cannot figure out how to import a custom hair mesh. If you could give me some tips on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated! I have only gotten as far as importing the mesh in BL modding tools but then I have no idea how to make it show up in the character creation menu as you have done in the screenshot. Cheers! Sebnarr

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom