Important Lessons From the Past

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought I would tag a video in this post from a well known Youtuber in the M&B community who has been covering the game from about the very beginning. These are some of his takes on what made Warband so great and I think that TW and the community at large can be reminded of some things.

What do they have to be reminded of? The game will have essentially the same once the server files are publicly available and/or the game is out of EA. What even is the point of this thread. ?

What do they have to be reminded of? The game will have essentially the same once the server files are publicly available and/or the game is out of EA. What even is the point of this thread. ?
how long will that last though, MP is under resourced as ****. And knowing the speed at which anything is added to multiplayer in any compacity on top of the 3+ months its takes for them to fix their **** after their initial iteration of anything is retardedly bad, on top of the fact that Callum has said that we wont expect server files to be available until after EA or very late into EA which we can expect to last more than a year, ya there is something to complain about, maybe the game wont completely die out, but with every month that they waste with useless features and slow development is just the more certain of a death the MP will have.

how long will that last though, MP is under resourced as ****. And knowing the speed at which anything is added to multiplayer in any compacity on top of the 3+ months its takes for them to fix their **** after their initial iteration of anything is retardedly bad, on top of the fact that Callum has said that we wont expect server files to be available until after EA or very late into EA which we can expect to last more than a year, ya there is something to complain about, maybe the game wont completely die out, but with every month that they waste with useless features and slow development is just the more certain of a death the MP will have.
I mean I get the frustration, but with this, the discussion boils down to wanting them to rush out the server files, which they already said they won't do. Whether going into EA without having them ready was a good idea, who knows.. I personally don't think it will be a problem in the long term if they actually do release a definitive version of the game with all the custom server tools open to the public. Whatever you think of the state of the game, it is still in development and all the things we want from it are supposed to come sooner or later. People will come back to check out multiplayer when the game is properly released. If it is good at that point, I'm sure we will also have a playerbase.

I mean I get the frustration, but with this, the discussion boils down to wanting them to rush out the server files, which they already said they won't do. Whether going into EA without having them ready was a good idea, who knows.. I personally don't think it will be a problem in the long term if they actually do release a definitive version of the game with all the custom server tools open to the public. Whatever you think of the state of the game, it is still in development and all the things we want from it are supposed to come sooner or later. People will come back to check out multiplayer when the game is properly released. If it is good at that point, I'm sure we will also have a playerbase.
In the meantime multiplayer mods are at a complete halt. They were sure to release everything for SP but in the meantime MP is left without nothing to actually test on.

It's a matter of priorities.

actually the multiplayer patch released yesterday is quiet fast, address the crazy cav problem a bit.

the core problem is their trying to maintain 2 completely different mode with class system in place. it just not going to work imho. however if they remind the patching speed like these who knows crazier thing happen before.

Back
Top Bottom