Implement a Block Stamina

Users who are viewing this thread

Why can units tank so much direct hits to the head and not die?

One word:

Fun
I agree that it should be different but IMHO something should be changed between blocking and feinting. Blocking isn't fast enough to follow the speed of feinting. I think feints speed should be lowered, especially on 2h swords and blocking speed should be increased (**** block delay).

This is a terrible idea. Why should some classes have no chanse against others for no other reason than game mechanics? If a peasent player is good enough he should be able to kill the whole enemy 2 hander team.

I agree that it should be different but IMHO something should be changed between blocking and feinting. Blocking isn't fast enough to follow the speed of feinting. I think feints speed should be lowered, especially on 2h swords and blocking speed should be increased (**** block delay).
^^THIS^^

I myself were heavy feinter in Warband so it's no surprise I have same style in Bannerlord , but difference were that feints were readable in WB. In Bannerlord feints blend too well with animations and it's so fast to change attack direction, so many times you simply can't react to feints if you don't know beforehand that opponent is going to feint.

Yea out of topic, but I just hate BL feinting too much.

One word:

Fun
Wont you be happy if a hi-level mastered enemy player(with ıts special skill boost) hits your block with a 2h and makes u lose ur %40 block.stamina? Because at that time, aganist that enemy you should treat carefully or call help from ur teammates, or just fall back and think about what to do to kill the player( or to reach goal, like capturing zones etc)..

İf enemy/his-her weapon is weak, u May block 15 hits.
if its avarege 10 hits ..
İf ıts top level at Mastery with very dangerous weapon, 4 hits to lose ur block for a time(like 30 secs)..

Being weak or powerful is fun in balance & cooperation at advanced fights imo. So stamina is a thing.

Wont you be happy if a hi-level mastered enemy player(with ıts special skill boost) hit your block with a 2h and makes u lise ur %40 block.stamina? Because at that time, aganist that enemy you should treat carefully or call help from ur teammates, or just fall back and think about what to do to kill the player( or to reach goal, like capturing zones etc)..

İf enemy/his-her weapon is weak, u May block 15 hits.
if its avarege 10 hits ..
İf ıts top level at Mastery with very dangerous weapon, 4 hits to lose ur block for a time(like 30 secs)..

Bring weak or powerful is fun in balance & cooperation at advanced fights imo. So stamina is a thing.
No i won't be happy.

@Callum @mexxico

Ever felt hilarious when you see a looter/peasant able to block a great axe from max speed horse charge with their one rusty handed weapon? Or, you see their rusty one handed weapon able to block multiple bashes at once with ease.

TW should implement a blocking power mechanic that is base on their weapon skill, weapon type, athletic etc. Any hits that goes over the block stamina will score a crush through, and shields should get bonus multiplier on their blocking power, and two handed blunts on their crushing power. The block power should get replenish base on your weapon skill and athletics over time when you're not being hit.

Please chip in your suggestion and make BL a great game! Thanks!
block stamina and sprinting would do wonders, instead of having your toon running around at Usain Bolt speeds 100% of the time during a battle without tiring at all.

wait until we get elephants with blockable multidirectional attacks, to retain that MnB feeling

LoL. Why dont we just test it at EA? Testing stamina for running(human/horse) & block? Stamina capacities shouldnt be too low, and need to refill in short time(skills, Mastery, equipments which effects stamina can be next tests subject)

My favourite thing about Mount and Blade is that combat's within your control. Skill allowing, a player can fight 6 players simulatenously and win, mainly because you can block multiple attacks in a second.

If you add stamina, the outnumbered player is being limited by their stamina pool. If they're fighting two people, they're fighting two stamina pools with one, as well as two health pools with one.

It feels like an extra punishment for being outnumbered, which isn't really necessary considering how difficult multi-person fighting already is.

A perk that effects weapon proficiency could achieve the same goal, without limiting the amount of attacks/blocks someone could make.

But honestly, I really don't want to see anymore soft skill caps than there already are compared to Warband...

I'm sure they've tested something like this and obviously didnt worked. Like I've said, there were numerous mods in Warband that added stamina only to see it become a terrible mechanic that limits players ability. Say you're running out of stamina while dueling someoen, what the hell do you do? Just die? Turn to run away and get backstabbed? or think in a group fight, the other team has perks that allow them to have more stamina. Both teams have the same level of skill, they fight until the guys with more stamina manage to drain the stamina of the other team, then they win thanks to stamina and not skill. If a mechanic like this existed it would only be to infuriate players lmao.

If you play long enough, you could have slightly more skills. And just like little ping differences(which effect a lot some cases), yes, there can be difficult moments. But, i repeat, i dont say stamina pool that ends too quickly (just BL's weak shield patches; shields were broken easly), it should let you fight aganist couple ppl unless there is a huge difference between they and you.

If pool is big enough, and regeneration is well designed = it would affect teams' cooperation greatly positive. That's why i want it.
And cooperation brings fun.

(of course stamina is not the only thing)

PLUS do u really fight aganist 3 ppl again, and again each minutes? Even this is a real, there will be regeneration, just move with your team or behave carefully if u go solo duties in team.

If the pool is big enough and it wouldnt drain that easily then what is the point of it? And unless all the players in the other team are monkeys a player will certainly die in a 1v6 with or without stamina. I dont get how it would affect cooperation? Care to expand on that? AFAIK cooperation is compulsory to win games unless one dude goes sicko mode and kills all the other team, something that doesnt happent that often, so despite not having stamina every single good team cooperates to win matches already, and its clear that those teams that have no contact and cant cooperate with each other lose instantly.

PLUS do u really fight aganist 3 ppl again, and again each minutes? Even this is a real, there will be regeneration
I dont get what are you trying to say here. What I've said is that if you're fighting against someone, lets say 1v1 and you're running out of stamina, the only thing that will happen to you is death because you can no longer block, something that would definetly would be frustrating just as crushtrough in the previous patches was incredibly frustrating. I can't see anything positive out of stamina in this game, I'm sorry.

This type of feature would not reward a player that is good instead it would help people who camp, let's say 1 person goes out of combat after winning and is at low stamina and a player where he is going has been staying there for the entire game and has full stamina and that player is the worst player in the world while the other intermediate the person who doesn't know how to play the game would win becuase he has the stamina.

@Revverie

"If the pool is big enough and it wouldnt drain that easily then what is the point of it? And unless all the players in the other team are monkeys a player will certainly die in a 1v6 with or without stamina. I dont get how it would affect cooperation? Care to expand on that?"

Bıg enough, but not that big :grin: What you see at shield hp is what i mean = They were too stong, they were too weak(easly broken), but not they are good; balanced. So, stamina pool also need love.

The cooperation effect- can start at where we lose our stamina (for a limited time). Accually when we lose it;
-we can run away
-we can try to attack slowly
-we use order menu/ping system to call help to position.

We dont need to stick enemy, we can move around like AI, but more carefully. This increases cooperation.

"..every single good team cooperates to win matches already."
I already to to suggest a former way for all to increase it.

"I dont get what are you trying to say here. What I've said is that if you're fighting against someone, lets say 1v1 and you're running out of stamina, the only thing that will happen to you is death because you can no longer block, something that would definetly would be frustrating just as crushtrough in the previous patches was incredibly frustrating. I can't see anything positive out of stamina in this game, I'm sorry."

I'm OK with negative comments for stamina suggestion, just trying to keep talking for it's potantiel. It's also so frustrating when you die after few seconds of the spawn. But, it happens ? Can't you just try it?

@Itisausername
Well, at ApexL i went many times for Path..to take sniper, and furtively follow map & go cycle at early.. And, therefore, i directly watched & waited last 2 squads which is close at last cycles.. Waited mins and mins to attack at right time .. When their bullets run out..When they are vulnerable.. I attacked them like crazy. They were vulnerable, like out of stamina situation?, and that happens.

We just need balance & think & cooperate.

@Revverie

"If the pool is big enough and it wouldnt drain that easily then what is the point of it? And unless all the players in the other team are monkeys a player will certainly die in a 1v6 with or without stamina. I dont get how it would affect cooperation? Care to expand on that?"

Bıg enough, but not that big :grin: What you see at shield hp is what i mean = They were too stong, they were too weak(easly broken), but not they are good; balanced. So, stamina pool also need love.

The cooperation effect- can start at where we lose our stamina (for a limited time). Accually when we lose it;
-we can run away
-we can try to attack slowly
-we use order menu/ping system to call help to position.

We dont need to stick enemy, we can move around like AI, but more carefully. This increases cooperation.

"..every single good team cooperates to win matches already."
I already to to suggest a former way for all to increase it.

"I dont get what are you trying to say here. What I've said is that if you're fighting against someone, lets say 1v1 and you're running out of stamina, the only thing that will happen to you is death because you can no longer block, something that would definetly would be frustrating just as crushtrough in the previous patches was incredibly frustrating. I can't see anything positive out of stamina in this game, I'm sorry."

I'm OK with negative comments for stamina suggestion, just trying to keep talking for it's potantiel. It's also so frustrating when you die after few seconds of the spawn. But, it happens ? Can't you just try it?

@Itisausername
Well, at ApexL i went many times for Path..to take sniper, and furtively follow map & go cycle at early.. And, therefore, i directly watched & waited last 2 squads which is close at last cycles.. Waited mins and mins to attack at right time .. When their bullets run out..When they are vulnerable.. I attacked them like crazy. They were vulnerable, like out of stamina situation?, and that happens.

We just need balance & think & cooperate.
Say the same thing but no team and neither does the other guy you are put at a disadvantage for fighting people who know how to play as fights with players who are better take longer you are left with no stamina for the reason that you took a fight or do you want it to be like fortnite or some **** where you sit in a bush for 20 minutes

Back
Top Bottom