Implement a Block Stamina

Users who are viewing this thread

Seafoodking

Recruit
@Callum @mexxico

Ever felt hilarious when you see a looter/peasant able to block a great axe from max speed horse charge with their one rusty handed weapon? Or, you see their rusty one handed weapon able to block multiple bashes at once with ease.

TW should implement a blocking power mechanic that is base on their weapon skill, weapon type, athletic etc. Any hits that goes over the block stamina will score a crush through, and shields should get bonus multiplier on their blocking power, and two handed blunts on their crushing power. The block power should get replenish base on your weapon skill and athletics over time when you're not being hit.

Please chip in your suggestion and make BL a great game! Thanks!

Yes

Anything that prevents a wooden hammer to easily block a spear thrust attack from horseback at speed is a good thing in my book.

Why are you still tagging mexxico after him telling you that he doesn't work on the combat stuff?
I am not dealing with any kind of combat / mission stuff. I see people sometimes mention me in similar posts (OP of mamelukes / archers or other combat side problems) but I cannot do anything about them. Fyi.

Blocking an attack could decrease -block stamna amount- And, each attack could have ıts own stamina consume amount.. After blocker's all blog.stam.amount finished > attack cant be blocked till it fills again in time or with cunsumeables or with team boosts or active perks..

This kind of block stamina can be good in ballange & Mastery system.

I want rich MP combat experiment with mastery system/perks/abilities/special equipments/special units at teams.. So, stamina for blocks, stamina for running, movement speed, attack speed, power, health etc > these are related with rich MP experiment and i think stamina for blocks can work perfectly if all in balance.

You cant block all attacks even with ur normal block.stamina is full, and it doesnt have to be empty too quick but when ıts empty u cant block = faster result at fight. Oc there should be ur mates/other perks/skills/shield health etc, so a bit long, yes but def.fun.

It would last as team's performance at the end.

Last edited:
GO MAKE A MOD
I don't like the annoying blocking but I don't want more annoying mechanics. I mean I can go through the entire game never actually blocking anything, but it's gotta be bad for the engine to worry about more stuff.

But really TW isn't going to add any big new mechanic changes. They've got their plate full trying to get things already in the game to function, it's silly to suggest completely new things now. Of course I'm sure they're aware of stamina mechanics (and that most VC players turn them off....) and chose not to make any.
GO MAKE A MOD

I want rich MP combat experiment with mastery system/perks/abilities/special equipments/special units at teams.. So, stamina for blocks, stamina for running, movement speed, attack speed, power, health etc > these are related with rich MP experiment and i think stamina for blocks can work perfectly if all in balance.

You cant block all attacks even with ur normal block.stamina is full, and it doesnt have to be empty too quick but when ıts empty u cant block = faster result at fight. Oc there should be ur mates/other perks/skills/shield health etc, so a bit long, yes but def.fun.

It would last as team's performance at the end.
If you add stamina to multiplayer it will die in a matter of seconds
I remember stamina in Brytenwalda... Worst idea ever. I don't care if you think it's realistic or not, stamina specially in this game where you spend a lot of time fighting, doesn't work, it's completely infuriating and a trash mechanic, it won't ever work in this game

@Callum @mexxico

Ever felt hilarious when you see a looter/peasant able to block a great axe from max speed horse charge with their one rusty handed weapon? Or, you see their rusty one handed weapon able to block multiple bashes at once with ease.

TW should implement a blocking power mechanic that is base on their weapon skill, weapon type, athletic etc. Any hits that goes over the block stamina will score a crush through, and shields should get bonus multiplier on their blocking power, and two handed blunts on their crushing power. The block power should get replenish base on your weapon skill and athletics over time when you're not being hit.

Please chip in your suggestion and make BL a great game! Thanks!
LETS MAKE A POLL THAT WORKS AND WE CAN START TO BET

i agree completely we need a stamina system for blocking however it should be optional

I dont want block stamina that finish as fast as easly broken shields at past. My idea based on enough time to block but dangerous attacks(from weapon type or from enemy player's skills etc) also causes less time for average fights.. And dont forget there will be regeneration of staminas(some has faster regeneration due to their perks/skills/equipments etc)..So in this way, team cooperation, and overall fun can be achieved clearly.

Go Duel, play a couple of good players and then say again you want block stamina.

Feint/slash stamina is something that is way more necessary than blocking stamina. Why can someone move a giant 2h sword around at light speed?

Go Duel, play a couple of good players and then say again you want block stamina.

Feint/slash stamina is something that is way more necessary than blocking stamina. Why can someone move a giant 2h sword around at light speed?
Why can units tank so much direct hits to the head and not die?

One word:

Fun

Back
Top Bottom