IMPERIAL QUEST: Forum Game -**** just got real-

Users who are viewing this thread

6vUiy.png

Imperial Quest is a forum game set in the Warhammer 40k universe, in which you along the rest of the forum take control of a young PDF recruit, who has lived all his live on the planet of Vraks Prime, where a Cardinal Astral named Xaphan rose into power when you were still a child. His charisma and religious zeal has created a loyal and fanatic following around his figure during his pilgrimage across the sector, until he ended his travels here, on Vraks Prime, and moved in the Basilica of Saint Leonis, the Blind.

Following his arrival on Vraks, many things have taken a turn to a different direction. Formerly an Armory World, important only for its massive storage houses filled with more machines of war than even the Departmento Munitorum can keep count of, the desolate and lifeless planet has now become the spiritual center of the whole sector. For about 4 years now, Xaphan has been gathering an army, previously believed to been for the purpose of a War of Faith, but in the recent weeks, fresh rumors preached by the holy men under Xaphans orders about a possible threat to Vraks has put the previous rumors to rest.

Xaphan now has an army of loyal and fanatic followers, who will not stand for anyone who would speak against their holy leader. The atmosphere on Vraks is not only naturally hazardous to breathe, but with this wave of religious zealotry, it's only the matter of time until it sets Vraks in flames.

Pictured: Vraks Prime, and the sector of space it resides in.
5E_wT.png

Everything you need to know about the game is here, all discussion about the mechanics of the game should go here aswell. All else, discussion about the story, rolling and such should remain on this thread. In short: When I ask you to roll, type "Roll!" or something else to let me know your post is meant to be a dice roll. I'll take care of the rest.

Updates:
-To be added-

QM: Alright, let's get started. First things first, let's begin finding out who our character exactly is, and testing how dynamic the new system of rolling and whatnot exactly is.

"Good morning, loyal servants of the Imperium of Man. The time is: Zero Five, Three Zero. Prepare to report at your working stations at: Six Zero, Three Zero. Thought for the day: Heresy spawns from idleness."

You reach out in the darkness of the room, trying to find the light switch. Once reaching it, a blinding ray of light blinds you for a few seconds, until it dims down to its normal brown-orangish hue. Still cursing the fact that you never remember to cover your eyes from the initial burst of light, you get your khaki-colored pants on, visit the bathroom, and after dealing with your urges, go to the sink and wash your face. As your wet head emerges from the stream of water pouring down to the sink, you look up, and catch your eyes on the mirror, looking back at you.

QM: Right, first decision of the game! Are we a man, or a woman? Before you ask, we are a human, not one of the many Ogryns living on Vraks.

Do not look here said:
I believe deciding about our gender before using toilet would prevent lot of cleaning in the future.
I saw this one quest on /tg/ where to QM let the players decide the name before gender. A girl named Otto was the result. :lol:

Also, seems like a pretty clear result. Let's get to writing.

QM: Alright, a lady it is.

A familiar female face looks back at you. Most outsiders will never even see it, the toxic air of the planet forces everyone to use gasmasks outdoors. Hell, with your auxilia uniform most people probably couldn't even tell your gender, until they spoke to you. All your thoughts about the way you happened to look that morning were wiped and replaced by more urgent matters as you took a look at the clock; Still had 45 minutes until having to report on duty. You finished up in the bathroom, walked out and prepped your gear, which consisted of the rest of your uniform (Fatigues, combat trousers that you were already wearing, and a tunic), flak armour and helmet, a gasmask and filters, a long bayonet, and perhaps most importantly, your lasgun. Besides that, you and your comrades are not equipped with anything not necessary for keeping order, as is your duty, however, you happen to be one of the few who have explosives; You're carrying a single frag grenade with you. More often than not, it works more as a means of intimidation, considering it is a very old piece of equipment, you're not sure if it even works anymore.

Once set, you start heading for the door, until you remember something crucial.

QM: Next up, we'll be rolling some dice! This time we will decide whether or not our character has a negative trait of some sort, relating to her body.

I will be taking the average of the next three rolls, and we will use that number to define which of the following choices we get. We will be using a d100. Remember, you need to only post "Roll!" to roll the dice.

1-20 = You are nearsighted! -2 to all Perception and Aiming rolls! (Can be removed by acquiring glasses)
21-40 = Your voice is of very low volume, forcing you to repeat yourself often! -2 to all Intimidation rolls! (Can be removed by receiving a natural 20 (On a d20) when Intimidating)
41-60 = You're not very pretty. -2 to all Charm and Seduction rolls! (Can be removed by wearing a mask, or receiving a makeover)
61-80 = You're not very strong. -2 to all Strength and Endurance rolls! (Can be removed by getting in shape)
81-99 (+00) = You have no negative physical traits. (Can be removed by acquiring one)

Get rolling!

Shatari rolls 96.
Rahn rolls 09.
Úlfheðinn rolls 17.

96+09+17/3= 40,66666666666667 = 41.

You're not very pretty. Good luck with that whoring plan. :lol:

QM:

For a moment, you think of putting your gasmask on, but you figure that it would only make things worse, and you wont be needing it for a while anyway, the indoor areas around the barracks are safe to breathe. It's not like your looks have ever caused you any particular problems. Opening the door, your room is instantly filled with with...Nothing. Usually, when you open the door, the corridors of the barracks are buzzing with activity from the other auxilia and other personnel, but today, there are only a few auxiliaries like yourself around. You mark this off as very odd, but dont think about it any more than necessary, as you notice a friend of yours, just leaving her quarters.

"Good morning, Varvara."
She was just placing her helmet on her head, but turning to you leaves the helmet a bit off mark, and a daft smile on her face.
"Oh, morning, ---"

QM: Alright, time to decide our name.

Let's do it like this: Y'all will give me some suggestions, and when I figure that we have enough, I pick the ones seemingly most appropriate (No Booby McFugly), and have you roll which one we are.

More than one name per suggester is allowed, if you're not very good at coming up with names, check this out: http://www.malleus.dk/Ordo/NameGenerator.aspx

Bull****!

I say we force our new friend to give us a makeover, we are doomed, might as well die looking pretty.

Also, let's call ourselves something Finnish, **** vowels.

Värvärä. :lol:

Maybe you'll get a chance to get a makeover sooner or later, we'll see. Anyway, I'm done for the night, see you in the morning. Off to a good start, I think. :razz:

Shatari said:
Why did you guys keep rolling after I brought a 96 to the table? >.<

Let's name her Otto.

Sorry, drinking, forgot to check...I demand we only recognize Shatari's role, blaming Turkey for the other rolls and thus invalidating them...

Also I see we name her Hans.

We are so much cooler and original than some other random board.

Úlfheðinn said:
Sorry, drinking, forgot to check...I demand we only recognize Shatari's role, blaming Turkey for the other rolls and thus invalidating them...
I concur, unless we can min-max her by trading the charisma flaw for combat stats.

Also, I have an even better name: Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky. The perfect name for any lady!

Back
Top Bottom