Immersive Things that i think would be good for the game

Users who are viewing this thread

They aren't Mongolian though. They are based off Turkic/Oghuz tribes that were driven toward the Byzantines (aka Empire) and partially settled around them, largely because other tribes like the Mongols drove them westward.

There's a lot of cultural crossover between the Turkics and Mongolians though and ingame they also take a lot of aesthetic influence from the Mongols anyway like having keshiks, Mongolian flaming sun banners, and armor designs. I'm still adamant that altaic throat singing is relevant to the Khuzaits.

Just in case yall haven't seen it yet, there is snow fall. I've had at least one battle with snow fall so far, up in Sturgian territory. It was great. Early morning, low light, with a very light fog and snow coming down in thick clumps, all while fighting at the edge of a forest. Doesn't get more ambient than that.
This is true -- winter battles are honestly some of my favorite for this very reason. Doesn't mean we should stop there, when there are rainy night sieges to be had!

There's a lot of cultural crossover between the Turkics and Mongolians though and ingame they also take a lot of aesthetic influence from the Mongols anyway like having keshiks, Mongolian flaming sun banners, and armor designs. I'm still adamant that altaic throat singing is relevant to the Khuzaits.

The armor designs are very clearly Pecheneg/Cuman. There's almost no way to confuse them with Mongol armors.

I don't know what keshiks you're referring to in the game.

They do have some flaming sun banners, but there are also quite a few (maybe more?) Turkic banners as well (they're the ones at the very bottom in the banner creation screen).

I'd disagree that throat singing is representative of the Khuzait any more than playing a mandolin.

Last edited:
so many good ideas(and easy to think) people come up with ......that could be added to the game with ease ........but what were the game developers doing all the time in 8 years?Were they improving graphics? I doubt it since there could be much much better graphics in the game with 8 years of work than it's in it's current state .Such a sorrowful thing to see the fans trying to make them make the game better writing suggestions all day and night.I doubt the developers even read them...........

It's great ;/) and thunder,storm sound in snowy maps would be cool too.
Yeah totally agree storm sounds lightnings would be very cool for ambience in the snowy,rainy maps i don't know if there is rainy maps tho i haven't encountered any of them.....:neutral::neutral: :razz:

+1 yeah there should be units carrying flags .....support units and know what..it would be great for us to have an option for for carrying swinging one of em' flags too....would be great after battle.....or we could attach one to our spear or our shield or our horse etc..........and the ability to fix it into the ground (our banner)(like the scene in the main menu )gives me shakes ....man now it would be some sick sh*t.

Last edited:
Cites and villages need a livelier atmosphere. Period.

Taleworlds did such an incredible job creating these beautiful interesting sets -the interior of every city/village is very pleasing, but there's no life!

Where is the sound of people working? The banging of hammers? The spinning of looms? Gossip? Laughter? Grumbling?

Better yet, where are the NPCs doing these actions? Every settlement seems hollow. It needs more people.

Caravans should be rolling into town, passing through the city gates, maybe even being inspected by a customs agent. In villages, peasants and farmers should be packing up their wagons, readying to take their products to the big city markets.

What about the sounds of animals like horses and sheep and goats, dogs barking?

The game currently lacks these immersive features which add a lot of atmosphere.

Taleworlds did such an incredible job creating these beautiful interesting sets -the interior of every city/village is very pleasing, but there's no life!

Where is the sound of people working? The banging of hammers? The spinning of looms? Gossip? Laughter? Grumbling?

Better yet, where are the NPCs doing these actions? Every settlement seems hollow. It needs more people.

Caravans should be rolling into town, passing through the city gates, maybe even being inspected by a customs agent. In villages, peasants and farmers should be packing up their wagons, readying to take their products to the big city markets.

The game currently lacks these immersive features which add a lot of atmosphere.

Agreed, I hope they add some more life.

Oh god we need rain so badly, clashing of muddy steel armor and hearing the war cries of soldiers and the screams while slushing through mud and getting filthy, ohhh it is a beautiful picture.

PS, another immersive little thing is footsteps. Infantry sounds like they are walking on grass. I want to hear clanking rustling armor and heavy marching sounds. Also for the movement speed to be slowed down depending on units armor, full armored units seem to run as fast as naked peasants.

regarding whose based on what, while Warband gave me a very "generic middle ages" feel. Bannerlord gives me a early dark ages/fall of rome feel.

those asking for the empire troops to have square tower sheilds etc, I should note those familer weapons wheren't in use by the fall of rome.

Excellent post, exactly this. I adore the actual cities themselves -- but they don't feel populated.

I'd love more reactionary screams and verbal escalation.
As in more chaos, more screams of death, pain and more clashing of material.
People are not shouting enough. Battles are loud until they are over, and anything that you want to say needs to be loud. When 1000~ Units clash, I'd expect an indistinguishable muddy sound of everything puddled together, only being recognizeable when you're standing right inside it.

But I do understand that is hard to do in Games, unless you just throw some pre-recorded sounds together that play over everything, which would kind of get stale after a while.
And performancewise, more sounds means more lag, which as it is already is caused by a high sound quality on some PC's.

More immersion things I would add myself:
People reacting to recent events: If you just conquered a recent town people shouldnt like you, the taverner shouldnt talk to you or he should act negatevily at you until your relation gets higher and you gain their trust. The city should be in flames or something, make the sieges ACTUALLY affect the city and its citizens, everyone shouldn't act like its just another day. Also if you conquer back a city of your own culture that was taken by another faction the city should celebrate for you and recieve you as a hero, or something like that.

Also, make things happens lf you end up as the town ruler, citizens coming to speak with you because their house was burned in the siege or one their daughter was taken/raped (I know rape is not likely to happen in this game, even though you get the point) and he wants action taken which may affect how you are as a ruler and how people see you. I was expecting a more dynamic gameplay that required you to stay in your place and settle things down in your town, involve more politics and having more events going on, otherwise the NPCs are just there as decoration and have nothing to do.

How about your army too. What is going on while you travel? You have people following you, there should be camping and dealing with intern leadership too, let's say one of your soldiers is having trouble with another and you have to solve these issues how you see fitting, and let your raise morale at the cost of losing influence or things like that

SCENES for all of this. Jesus doing all by texts feels like all your adventure is happening in your head and not in you know the actual game like it should. The executions should be way, way more immersive than just a black boring screen, I can't believe how lazy is that, it should be a big scripted scene in the middle of a field with all your men. It's not like you need to kill every single lord everyday and you need it to be fast and not tedious. This happens too with becoming a lord, I was amazed to find out you just go to a lord say a few words and suddenly you have a high position in a kingdom, how is that? These moments should be achievements and the game should celebrate them, asking to be a lord should be done in cities or castles and with lords present, it should be a scene for your promotion, you dont become a lord everyday, you work to achieve that.

Last edited:
True that @Revverie what bothers me aswell is the moment you conquer a city, it is 100% yours, no one gives a crap. Or that i can't put my Companions in my Party as some sort of Regiment Leader, giving them the Lead of my Archers, Cavallry or Infantry. They are just named Soldiers and thats it

Back
Top Bottom