Upper Right
Middle Right
Lower Right
Backward
Lower Left
Middle Left
Upper Left

To attack:
Hold down LMB (Attack) and move your mouse the direction of which swing you want. For example, if you want to swing to the upper right move your mouse upwards to the right. The proper attack will begin.

To block:
Hold down RMB (Block) and move your mouse the direction of which block you want. For example, if you want to block a Middle Left swing then move your mouse to the left, straight across. The proper block will begin.

What this does:
Requires you to pay attention to the enemy weapons & how the raise them block correctly, and initiate the proper attacks.

As a Bonus:
If you swing the same swing the enemy is swinging, or one next to it, then you will parry their swing. For example, if they swing a Lower Right and you swing a Middle Right you will parry the swing. Think of the swings as a circle, with Middle Right on the right, Middle Left on the Left, Backward on the Middle Bottom, and Forward on the Middle Top. However, if you swing a Middle Right and they swing a Lower Left, you will both hit each other.

What this would require:
32 Different Animations

-Dvd

Would make blocking with weapon even more harder (not for AI of course they block it if they have time). Would this affect shields in anyway? It doesn't look like that. So only thing that i find this will do is make blocking enemy attacks extreamly hard. No thanks.

Gozzon said:
Would make blocking with weapon even more harder (not for AI of course they block it if they have time). Would this affect shields in anyway? It doesn't look like that. So only thing that i find this will do is make blocking enemy attacks extreamly hard. No thanks.
Actually, it would allow for more immersive combat. Different types of parry, attacks, swings, thrusts, ect...

-Dvd

Blobb said:
no it wouldnt go well with M&B... :roll:

]
maybe a mod tho
Instead of posting 'no' in a suggestion thread, maybe you should say why, and not just 'because it wouldn't go well with m&b'.

I, for one, think this would make it harder to fight multiple opponents on foot.

(:) Dvd (:) said:
Actually, it would allow for more immersive combat. Different types of parry, attacks, swings, thrusts, ect...

-Dvd
Of course it would but main problem is AI it can still block your mid right swing and after that your low left swing. AI doesn't look what kind of attack you make. It "knows" what attack you make.

Gozzon said:

-Dvd
Of course it would but main problem is AI it can still block your mid right swing and after that your low left swing. AI doesn't look what kind of attack you make. It "knows" what attack you make.
Perhaps some sort of variable system for the AI? If they "know" you will make a Middle Right Swing then a coin will be tossed, if 0 then they will block, if 1 then they will not block. If 0 then they will either retaliate with a block or a Middle Right Swing, Lower Right Swing, or Upper Right Swing. If 1 then they will retaliate with any other attack than Middle Right Swing, Lower Right Swing, or Upper Right Swing.

-Dvd

bryce777 said:
There is no way this would work in a multioponent fight.

How so?  If the AI would be programmed with it, it'd work.  Its not like this is impossible to code into Mount & Blade, it'd just take a long time.

I, for one think this would be pretty fun to have in the game.  DVD's idea also sounds like a good add-on to the subject at hand.

[quote author=(:smile: Dvd (:smile:]
Perhaps some sort of variable system for the AI? If they "know" you will make a Middle Right Swing then a coin will be tossed, if 0 then they will block, if 1 then they will not block. If 0 then they will either retaliate with a block or a Middle Right Swing, Lower Right Swing, or Upper Right Swing. If 1 then they will retaliate with any other attack than Middle Right Swing, Lower Right Swing, or Upper Right Swing [/quote]

This would certainly make foot combat more exciting and challenging than it is right now, but I do agree with this. (Not the atrocious typing...)

[quote author= Blobb]
maybe a mod tho[/quote]

This idea is great, but should be as a minimod for people that want a tougher challenge on foot.  Some people new to Mount&Blade might find it a bit too hard to play with what you propose.

My two...million cents.  Ash out.

To block:
Hold down RMB (Block) and move your mouse the direction of which block you want. For example, if you want to block a Middle Left swing then move your mouse to the left, straight across. The proper block will begin.

Isn't this already present in Vanilla M&B? If I recall correctly, there is a 'manual block' option in the options menu. It is less extensive than what you propose Dvd (i.e. block overhead attack, left slash, right slash and thrust), but it's absolutely infuriating already. I'm all for realism and added depth, but until the AI becomes less omniscient I don't think it will work well.

(Imagine a PvP fight in the arena though - how cool would that be?)

Immersive combat? I think it's more like "Let's make the player's head explode as he tries to parry eight attacks at once" Yeah. Not that it's a horrible idea, just too much information for the player to handle.

2 Things:

No, this is not implemented in Mount & Blade already. What is in Mount & Blade is the most horrible system ever devised. To attack in different directions, you move & click the mouse. That means, you take a step to the right and click the mouse to aim. In my implementation, you hold down the mouse button and move the mouse in the different directions to attack different ways. This allows string together combos quicky by moving the mouse different directions.

Also, phbbbt, how many people do you know who can parry eight attacks at once?

-Dvd

What is in Mount & Blade is the most horrible system ever devised.

That's really rude. 

Armagan would not appreciate talk like this.

I don't either.  :mad: 

It would just be too hard for the player.  The combat in priates! works knd of like this and it's ok for one on one, but it would be unbeliavably hard for one on many.

As for the comments about the current system, the mechanics themselves are quite good, but some of the stuff like magic shields and the hitboxes gets maddening over time.

Also, phbbbt, how many people do you know who can parry eight attacks at once?

We're not talking about real life. Just be cause you can do it in real life, doesn't mean it can be easily done in the game. And of course, adding a feature is the easy part. Getting the AI to use it well is the hard part.

Back
Top Bottom