Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Valid1fx

Recruit
Summary:
Currently after proposing peace and acceptance, within a day or so of peace, you are immediately at war with another nation, sometimes multiple! I have seen similar complaints, like "At war against 5 factions with 0% support to make peace" but these issues seem to rely on other aspects, with this complaint being more about not having support to make peace. My issue is with war, and an excessive amount of it. I have no problems fighting them, but you don't get a chance to breathe, which is a major issue when you're starting your own kingdom, with limited sources of income and limited sources of vassals (if any). These issues make it impossible to match the amount of troops these nations have. You can never really build up your forces to actually have war with another nation. To make matters worse usually everyone will want to go to war with you. Currently I am at war with 4 nations, and I am paying tributes to 2 others. Kingdoms seem to be declaring war without reason, even ones you have great relations with. While peace may be boring, and the point of this game is war, you sometimes need a moment to muster troops, vassals (which will help with army size as well), and money. There is currently no chance for my new kingdom and I have been just putting off the game and checking again when new updates come out, this has apparently been an issue since day 1 and have seen a number of complains online about it.

I would also like to add that some of these kingdoms I have never even been near or in their territory, and you don't need to own a lot of land either. You can be a tiny kingdom with 1 or two castles and everyone seems to think you're the biggest threat to their existence (you are, but they don't know that yet).

How to Reproduce: Start your own kingdom, maybe take a castle or two
Scene Name (if related): Not Related
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1080TI
GPU Driver Version: 461.09
CPU: Intel I7-7700K
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: Asus Z270E
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2

Hi! Forwarded to the QA team. I'll update this thread when I hear back from them. Thanks for reporting!

For these issues, I have been informed that we are working on some improvements that are planned to be implemented in next versions and are still being tested. Sorry for inconvenience.

It's good to know it's being looked into. I noticed some changes mentioned for the beta branch 1.5.8 and decided to give that a try. I stayed at war with the 2 nations I have been able to manage, and it seemed to last a long time. I thought it may have been fixed due to the length of time, but eventually back to back war was declared on me. Good news is that it seemed that they were only neighboring nations so that is definitely an improvement, and it took extra time for it to occur, but will still very much lead to my demise.

Hello again. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad the situation is better. I will mark this issue as resolved for now. However, we will continue our work on this issue, considering the possibility of further improvement. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom