Imjin War?

Users who are viewing this thread

I recently discovered a mod for Shogun 2 Total War which incorporated Korea and China into the map and added various factions such as Joseon, Jurchen tribes and the Ming dynasty (among others). This (combined with my already pre-existing knowledge on the subject) made me wonder on whether or not it'd be possible or feasible to make something like a Gekokujo submod that included Korea and China and their relevant factions and units into the game so that there could be something like an Imjin War for Warband as that could be cool and awesome to see.

What do ye think?

Gaedheal said:
I recently discovered a mod for Shogun 2 Total War which incorporated Korea and China into the map and added various factions such as Joseon, Jurchen tribes and the Ming dynasty (among others). This (combined with my already pre-existing knowledge on the subject) made me wonder on whether or not it'd be possible or feasible to make something like a Gekokujo submod that included Korea and China and their relevant factions and units into the game so that there could be something like an Imjin War for Warband as that could be cool and awesome to see.

What do ye think?
I think it wouldn't work.
The map of Japan we have is already tiny to the point where it can be immersion breaking. I mean, seriously, imagine crossing Japan in a week on horseback. And the map is already huge by warband standards. Korea is just as large at least. And China... well it's bloody China.

I don't really see how that would be playable.

[/quote]
I think it wouldn't work.
The map of Japan we have is already tiny to the point where it can be immersion breaking. I mean, seriously, imagine crossing Japan in a week on horseback. And the map is already huge by warband standards. Korea is just as large at least. And China... well it's bloody China.

I don't really see how that would be playable.
[/quote]

That's fair enough, I wasn't sure if it would be possible or not to have a mod like that. Tis a shame but can't be helped I suppose

A gempei war mod would be awesome  :grin: but it is a whole diffrent mod.  :neutral:

You can use many things from existing sub mods (I've seen Gempei era stuff in the daimyo edition) but there is much rework to be done : scenes, dialogues, factions, units...etc

Mr_Sideburns said:
A gempei war mod would be awesome  :grin: but it is a whole diffrent mod.  :neutral:

You can use many things from existing sub mods (I've seen Gempei era stuff in the daimyo edition) but there is much rework to be done : scenes, dialogues, factions, units...etc

That would be awesome to see tbh

Mr_Sideburns said:

I know how to use the mod system, so I could help with it. But I'd need help with assets because I don't know how do any 3D modelling (or rather, I'm not good at it).

Back
Top Bottom