Im think done after Scramble League

Users who are viewing this thread

Why would you not be able to go cav? The light cav classes cost the same as most other classes.
Because you have to imagine two scenarios on how the battle gamemode will play out:

Either you spawn with a ton of money, and you use it all on that one cav class in the start, you die in the start and lose it for the rest of the game.

Or you spawn with not a lot of money, but you never get the chance to play cav because you are too bad at the game.

There is no balance in this

Because you have to imagine two scenarios on how the battle gamemode will play out:

Either you spawn with a ton of money, and you use it all on that one cav class in the start, you die in the start and lose it for the rest of the game.

Or you spawn with not a lot of money, but you never get the chance to play cav because you are too bad at the game.

Just make every light cav class play like the battania cav, which you can easily bump stab people with. Its 140 gold so you can spawn with it every round.

Literally what are you talking about.

Warband's battle mode consisted of a series of 1 life "rounds", at the conclusion of which everyone would respawn in starting positions and a new round would begin. Battle servers could assign custom gold amounts, which would be the baseline amount a player had every round. For instance, if I am given 1000 gold the first round, spend 976 gold out equipment, I have 26 gold remaining. The following round, assuming you died immediately and earned no gold, you will still default to 1000 gold, thus being able to buy the same baseline equipment you had the first round. Warband's system went further of course, and there was a whole formula about gold earned-gold spent on equipment for the next round (with different exceptions for looted gear/horses).

I'm assuming that for battle, the idea would be to have each player start with x amount (say 150), which ideally should enable every player to choose between the low-mid level classes for a single life. The following round, extra gold could be spent to afford the classes that are more expensive than x amount (say heavy cav at like 200). Therefore, in the first round you could choose to be a peasant, fight the entire round, and if you die, you have like 250 gold to spend on an elite unit. This was the basic principle that TW decided to morph into skirmish mode- essentially taking 2-3 concrete 'battle rounds', and turning them into a single 'skirmish round'. Unfortunately, I really see this system causing snowballing, cause a team that wins the first round with more than 2-3 people alive in a 6v6 will have a huge advantage in bringing elite troops to bear against the base classes the other team has.

A LOT of parameters would need to be adjusted, from team sizes to gold earned to class costs etc.

Literally what are you talking about.
I will try to make it easy for your brain:

Warband
Infantry - Archer - Cavalry

You can take it no matter what price, there is no "minimum" gold required since you can not go under x amount of gold. You can take cavalry, and still play it even if it means having bad stuff

Bannerlord
6-7 Classes or whatever it is

You can not take cavalry all the time. The "minimum" amount of gold for cavalry for example can be 110ish, meaning there will be a vast amount of rounds that if you're a cavalry player, you won't be able to take it.

Tldr: The spawn system like skirmish, and skirmish sucks. It's a stupid idea to call battle "playable" when it's just a nearly exact copy paste of skirmish

Just installed the newest patch after not playing for a while. Joined a Skirmish game, played a bit. Last one with a life. Picked the better armor perk and spear. Spawned suddenly without warning. Enemy was waiting for me near my spawn with his menavlion. He up swung, I up blocked with my spear, he crushed through and I died instantly.
10/10 would wait several months to play again.
+1 to OP, mirrors my sentiments all around.

Enemy was waiting for me near my spawn with his menavlion. He up swung, I up blocked with my spear, he crushed through and I died instantly.

Of all the weapons that can crush through, I never understood why the menavlion is able to do so.

Not to use/start a realism debate, but from a simple physics standpoint it's just a long wooden stick with a sharp spear point at the end of it. The weapon doesn't have the kind of mass to generate all that kinetic energy.

Honestly, realism/physics aside, it's just bad from a gameplay balance perspective as well. The menavlion already has insanely long reach and one-hit-kill power. The Menavlion Infantry class has 81 movement speed, which means they can just s key away from their opponent forever, and like all 2H it can be swung in a 360 degree arc. Then, on top of all this, the menavlion can crush through as well. (sigh)

Of all the weapons that can crush through, I never understood why the menavlion is able to do so.

Not to use/start a realism debate, but from a simple physics standpoint it's just a long wooden stick with a sharp spear point at the end of it. The weapon doesn't have the kind of mass to generate all that kinetic energy.

Honestly, realism/physics aside, it's just bad from a gameplay balance perspective as well. The menavlion already has insanely long reach and one-hit-kill power. The Menavlion Infantry class has 81 movement speed, which means they can just s key away from their opponent forever, and like all 2H it can be swung in a 360 degree arc. Then, on top of all this, the menavlion can crush through as well. (sigh)
TW is too lazy to create different categories of two-handed weapons, hence why all 2h can crush through.

Ah skirmish mode, where I spawn in behind enemy team and headshot 3 of them before they know what happened.

Competitively, single life mode is the best way to go, just like csgo or valorant. Respawning modes are for casual play for reasons stated above.

Will Taleworlds take action? Probably not, they are like a disorganized hivemind with no certain direction.

I will try to make it easy for your brain:

Warband
Infantry - Archer - Cavalry

You can take it no matter what price, there is no "minimum" gold required since you can not go under x amount of gold. You can take cavalry, and still play it even if it means having bad stuff

Bannerlord
6-7 Classes or whatever it is

You can not take cavalry all the time. The "minimum" amount of gold for cavalry for example can be 110ish, meaning there will be a vast amount of rounds that if you're a cavalry player, you won't be able to take it.

Tldr: The spawn system like skirmish, and skirmish sucks. It's a stupid idea to call battle "playable" when it's just a nearly exact copy paste of skirmish

But nobody suggested you start without enough money to buy any class? If you start with like 150 you can be anything except heavy cav and heavy archer, which is comparable to Warband. You said the class system was intrinsically unworkable for Battle and I don't know why you think that except due to you frothing mad at the class system.

I think it sucks too but get some CLARITY!

• If a game did something very well, it is generally expected that the sequel will attempt to emulate that success. Warband did some things very poorly, but rather than focus on improving those things, the designers instead chose to nuke the entire formula and start from scratch. Not including anything resembling a battle gamemode is proof that the devs did not value what made Warband good or unique.
Agreed. That's my point of view. Especially for the combat.

It's really hard for someone who doesn't know either of you to look at Canton's comment and see past the 'flame', obviously I both know you well enough to know Canton was being sarcastic based on people's previous responses to game hate. It's hard to tell if people don't know you well (I didn't hand out the warning).
Europeans cant meme

I feel like the class system is a giant ankle cuff for the developers. No matter what they want to change they will have to go through the class balancing of every single faction for captain, skirmish and siege seperatly. And even balancing it out one time will be near impossible. They would have to seperate captain skirmish and siege classes but that would increase the required work for changes x3.

What if we drop the faction concept? Let us choose from all classes from all factions at all times? This would remove the struggle of faction balance and would create alot of diverse strategies I suppose. And then you could simply observe the pickrate of all classes and buff the rarest once without being concerned to destroy faction balance.

The devs should already be at the point that they realised it will be completely impossible to balance all 6 factions on all gamemodes and balance inf/cav/range ontop of that.
The factions add some identity to the factions that I quite like. 1 of the many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many problems I have with classes is they have zero identity. TF2 is used alot on this forum as an example and classes are great there because they have personality and humour. The game doesnt take itself serious, its just amazing fun. Meet the X is some of the funniest gaming content ever and it sure as hell helped people enjoy the game (it definitly helped me) Bannerlord has zero identity to me, its taking itself so incredibly serious its just not interesting.
To everyone who is asking for battle mode. Isnt battle super retarded with the class system? They need to do something else for battle.
I dont think the class system works for anything other than Captains mode, and even there I reckon people would enjoy it alot more to have the ability to customize their army.

What?
Please, please no passive perks. That would be such cheese. :xf-frown:
It'll happen.

Moral boost!
Damage Boost!
Speed boost!

Why would they do that!? Bannerlord is a realistic game!!!!!!
War of the roses did that right? Around the time Bannerlord was announced? Hmm.

Taleworlds should let modders fix where they fail. And then when modders have made 200 alternatives where 2-3 succeed Taleworlds should adopt ideas from those mods/servers which are successful. Viking conquest is a good example of this.
Absolutely not. Dont let the community fix the mistakes of the company. Imagine going to a restaurant and ordering an omelet. They come back with some uncooked eggs and point you towards the kitchen. Oh but the kitchen isnt open yet so please wait a year.
I agree they should look at what works and what doesnt and change it accordingly. Right now I can only assume arrogance on their part.

It's just crying about it. I mean, I accepted it, doesn't mean I find it better than the old system, but TW pointed out many times already it's here to stay. So crying about it wouldn't solve the matter if the developers are super adamant about keeping it. Then we have to work with what we got. Or just don't play the game. That's the other option.
Really understand that way of looking at it, but if we do the same for every wrong decision they've made, the game will die, and we dont want that to happen. I dont see them changing their minds either, but the class system is just a bad mechanic which almost nobody likes.

I think its overall going in the right direction, with a few (massive) exeptions, but its too slow.

But nobody suggested you start without enough money to buy any class? If you start with like 150 you can be anything except heavy cav and heavy archer, which is comparable to Warband. You said the class system was intrinsically unworkable for Battle and I don't know why you think that except due to you frothing mad at the class system.

I think it sucks too but get some CLARITY!
Let's be real, this is TW

conquest like holdfast would work with the gold system (that game did pretty well for a melee game without working melee)
conquest doesnt have moving stuff that crashes the server

Last edited:
I am 100% sure that Taleworlds does not understand their own game or their own code.

They add a crushthrough mechanic that is dictated by a formula that is literally just (weaponspeed) x (weaponweight)

And then they add a weapon with absurdly high weapon speed

And then they suprised pikachu face in our direction when it turns out that the new weapon can crush through?? As if it’s unintentional???? Like???? That’s how you designed the formula to work???? It’s working???? As intended????

Back
Top Bottom