I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Have they been fixing a.i during this long break without a patch?

More diplomacy?

Better optimization?

One of the devs said that they thought that we'd like what is in the upcoming patch but that the scale would be similar to 1.4.2. I think the main reason for the delay is probably the refactor that is in progress but maybe an increase in scope as well.

due to reractor they encountered new bugs and crashes. they want to publish stable version, whenever they solve those. because of getting new problems while testing they are trying avoid us date. quoted from turkish forum.

Honestly a weird time to refactor, that’s the type of stuff you do before a beta while the project isn’t massive or convulated.

Bannerlord is not "early access", Bannerlord game is "alpha". Tale Worlds clearly used this lie about "early access" to fool people into thinking this Bannerlord is somewhat complete so Tale Worlds could charge full price $ for a game that is "almost complete". Fact is Bannerlord is no where near being "almost complete".

When I read about "early access" by Tale Worlds, I was under the impression the game is mostly complete and just needed a bit more content/polish... however, Bannerlord needs A LOT more work.. not a bit or a little.

Most companies out there give steep discounts for customers buying into a game at alpha stage. But not Tale Worlds, along comes Tale Worlds and claims "early access" instead of "alpha".

"Early access" implies the game is past alpha and "mostly" complete.

Bannerlord is still many years away from the base game being content complete. <<-- This is called an alpha stage in all other companies.

Shame on Tale Worlds on the "Early Access" lies. Bannerlord is an alpha stage game, pure and simple.

--Stopped playing Bannerlord over 2 months ago now.

Bannerlord is not "early access", Bannerlord game is "alpha". Tale Worlds clearly used this lie about "early access" to fool people into thinking this Bannerlord is somewhat complete so Tale Worlds could charge full price $ for a game that is "almost complete". Fact is Bannerlord is no where near being "almost complete".

When I read about "early access" by Tale Worlds, I was under the impression the game is mostly complete and just needed a bit more content/polish... however, Bannerlord needs A LOT more work.. not a bit or a little.

Most companies out there give steep discounts for customers buying into a game at alpha stage. But not Tale Worlds, along comes Tale Worlds and claims "early access" instead of "alpha".

"Early access" implies the game is past alpha and "mostly" complete.

Bannerlord is still many years away from the base game being content complete. <<-- This is called an alpha stage in all other companies.

Shame on Tale Worlds on the "Early Access" lies. Bannerlord is an alpha stage game, pure and simple.

--Stopped playing Bannerlord over 2 months ago now.
Early access is a largely meaningless term. To some companies that means from the first point that is somewhat playable - to some it's basically a form of pre-order. Some companies never even finish EA. Taleworlds have a history of early access success and that is no doubt why they went a similar route this time as well. I hate to say it but you made the choice to play the game EA - the store page was very very clear about the features that were missing and also on the expectations for completion. No one lied to you.

Now you can complain that the game isn't being updated very quickly (which is somewhat true) but your concept of 'early access' is way way off. Early access does not imply or mean anything except "The game isn't finished".

You had plenty of opportunity to read reviews, watch gameplay videos and can even refund within 2 hours of starting. But making up specific definitions for vague terms is pointless.

"Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta."

Make of that what you will...

Gaming development stages = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development#Alpha

NO where is there a stage called "early access".

Tale Worlds specifically and intentionally is not calling Bannerlord "alpha" because Tale World wants to charge full price for a game that is still many years away from being complete.

There is ZERO other reasons why Tale Worlds would not use the team "alpha"..

Make no mistakes folks, Tale Worlds intentionally did not call Bannerlord "alpha" because they want to charge full price to customers for a game that is no where near complete to "gold".

Bannerlord = alpha stage game.

Tale Worlds not correctly calling Bannerlord "alpha" = LIES TO THE CUSTOMER

Gaming development stages = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development#Alpha

NO where is there a stage called "early access".

Tale Worlds specifically and intentionally is not calling Bannerlord "alpha" because Tale World wants to charge full price for a game that is still many years away from being complete.

There is ZERO other reasons why Tale Worlds would not use the team "alpha"..

Make no mistakes folks, Tale Worlds intentionally did not call Bannerlord "alpha" because they want to charge full price to customers for a game that is no where near complete to "gold".

Bannerlord = alpha stage game.

Tale Worlds not correctly calling Bannerlord "alpha" = LIES TO THE CUSTOMER
Do you hear yourself?

No one sells games as 'Alpha' or 'Beta'. Early access just means it is not finished. I literally provided a definition of the term early access for you...

That means it could be Alpha or it could be a day from completion - it means nothing beyond "GAME NOT DONE!!"

There was a huge description describing the current features, the expected features and the timelines for implementation. Argue with me all day about the progress since EA and you may have a point - but saying TW lied is just childish.

Please read this and understand why EA is not the same as Alpha, Beta etc.... You yourself even stated that EA does not appear on the life-cycle of a game - that's because it's a completely separate concept!

Last edited:
Early access is a largely meaningless term. To some companies that means from the first point that is somewhat playable - to some it's basically a form of pre-order.

Preorder = You order a finished game and get some goodies for it. Usually you can preoder games like 2-4 monthe before the "final" release. Most of the time you often get also a small discount.

EA is not preorder. And EA shouldn´t be the alpha stage of a game for full price. It doesn´t get better if other companies do the same thing. I´m also not aware of that many EA games for full price. I can´t even think of one, but surely there exist/existed more.

Preorder = You order a finished game and get some goodies for it. Usually you can preoder games like 2-4 monthe before the "final" release. Most of the time you often get also a small discount.

EA is not preorder. And EA shouldn´t be the alpha stage of a game for full price. It doesn´t get better if other companies do the same thing. I´m also not aware of that many EA games for full price. I can´t even think of one, but surely there exist/existed more.

Oh sorry I wasn't aware you had a legal definition of EA to hand - can you please link your references to this statement?

Here you go with the humble bundle store definition:

There is a distinct difference between Early-Access and Pre-Order games.

If you pre-order a game, you are paying money for a product that is not yet released. Often this will include a release date, so you can know when to expect the game to be available. When you buy a Pre-Order, you will receive a blank download page that is awaiting content. Do not delete it! Once the game is released, you will be able to retrieve your Steam key or the DRM-free download from this page.

Buying an Early-Access version of a game is very different. You will be able to play the game right away, but it is not a finished product. They are most likely missing content that won't be released until the full game is complete. There is also the possibility of bugs and problems that would not be present in the finished game. A finished release date for these games may not be available.

Here ist Steams definition:

What Early Access Is Not
Early Access is not a way to crowdfund development of your product.
You should not use Early Access solely to fund development. If you are counting on selling a specific number of units to complete your game, then you need to think carefully about what it would mean for you or your team if you don't sell that many units. Are you willing to continue developing the game without any sales? Are you willing to seek other forms of investment?

Early Access is not a pre-purchase
Early Access is not meant to be a form of pre-purchase, but a tool to get your game in front of Steam users and gather feedback while finishing your game.

Early Access titles must deliver a playable game or usable software to the customer at the time of purchase, while pre-purchase games are delivered at a future date. Read more about Pre-Purchasing on Steam.

So even the store they first released the game literally says:

So please come on....

Can you please give me a definition that says, that preorder is the same as EA?

As an another example, you can preorder Cyberpunk right now, but it won´t be in EA when it will be released. Same goes for a hundred other game titles.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Here you go with the humble bundle store definition:

Here ist Steams definition:

So even the store they first released the game literally says:

So please come on....

Can you please give me a definition that says, that preorder is the same as EA?

As an another example, you can preorder Cyberpunk right now, but it won´t be in EA when it will be released. Same goes for a hundred other game titles.

Thanks!
We aren't talking about pre-orders you have gone off on a tangent. We are talking about EA not being defined and not being part of the development cycle. Every companies definition and use of EA is different and called TW liars is ridiculous. EA could mean Pre-Alpha or it could mean almost finished it's not a valid complaint and it reeks of attention seeking.

Back
Top Bottom