I'm sorry but I finally give up, what the hell are TW doing? Nothing new in 3 weeks. Whoever is managing this team needs the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Done what? Made Bannerlord clone? Come on.
I said I disagreed with his statement, not that I have proof contrary to his claim. We both stated what we base our opinions on. My belief is that his opinion is based on his lack of knowledge of various engine's capabilities. I follow that topic with some interest and based on what I gathered, I am confident it can be done. Of course I could be wrong because there's no definitive proof either way. Granted, his claim would be practically impossible to prove because you can't ever prove a negative, so we're basically just talking probabilities here, of which we are differently persuaded.

I was just wondering why you were being so pedantic about it.

I know very little about coding. I have experience in PLC industrial automation and building automation, but thats not anything real, just logic. In always curious about how unique what taleworld has done. There isn't much out there that compares. Even highly touted RPGs like Elder Scrolls have bland and boring melee combat and I have never seen a game where I can be one in a thousand on a battlefield in the middle of it.

How can it be proven that it can be done? Literally no one has done it.

Yeah the conundrum is that AAA companies generally dont invest in highly accurate type fighting models. They tend to go whats the most "accessible" so things like jumpy spinny fireball sword moves (The Witcher?) and highly stylized shooting games but not really spending much time on high level ballistics, damage systems and firefight movement., Funny enough its these smaller indie devs that come up with some really interesting gameplay mechanic like an Examina -which features some of the craziest (almost goofy) level melee physics ever to be seen on PC. Or Ready or Not, a small indie company trying to revive realistic CQB firefights in the spirit of SWAT 4. Probelm is they tend to have hard time getting out of the starting gate delivering interesting tech demo Alphas but losing steam after that.

Yeah the conundrum is that AAA companies generally dont invest in highly accurate type fighting models.

I'm guessing that even with the success that Bannerlord has seen, TW probably won't actually even make as much money as the budget is for a lot of AAA titles. That's why TW is niche and will remain that way.

CD Projekt gets a lot of love for being an indie developer that has made good games, but they seem to just be emulating AAA studios with the types of games they make (barely played Witcher, but Im super excited about Cyberpunk)

Maybe TW should have done what CD Projekt has done and just kept delaying Bannerlord instead of going EA. They definitely should have never announced working on it when they did. Either way, I'm enjoying it. Looking forward to the next patch with content, until then I'm just messing around occasionally.

I'm guessing that even with the success that Bannerlord has seen, TW probably won't actually even make as much money as the budget is for a lot of AAA titles. That's why TW is niche and will remain that way.

CD Projekt gets a lot of love for being an indie developer that has made good games, but they seem to just be emulating AAA studios with the types of games they make (barely played Witcher, but Im super excited about Cyberpunk)

Maybe TW should have done what CD Projekt has done and just kept delaying Bannerlord instead of going EA. They definitely should have never announced working on it when they did. Either way, I'm enjoying it. Looking forward to the next patch with content, until then I'm just messing around occasionally.

Honestly i shouldnt rip The Witcher as ive never played it -it just looks representative of the type of gaming i personally dont enjoy. I like games where the combat feels real -no special powers, no ability to absorb 30 bullets and swallow a Heal patch etc..Every AAA title i own i literally give up after maybe an hour (Farcrys/RDRs/GTAs/Clancys) because the combat is utter garbage. like you mentioned above -Skyrim combat is atrociously bad. That IS there engine as ive heard they cant change it if they wanted to after many requests they make it more like Mount and Blade. think about that..

Honestly i shouldnt rip The Witcher as ive never played it -

I bought 1 and 2 a few years ago and didn't get an hour into the first before stopping. I just recently upgraded my computer for Cyberpunk. I bought Wild Hunt based on a friend's recommendation after upgrading but Bannerlord came out before I got a chance to start. Not sure I can play another melee game now, but I love a good story, though. Maybe I'll try Wild Hunt while waiting for a few patches here.

I bought 1 and 2 a few years ago and didn't get an hour into the first before stopping. I just recently upgraded my computer for Cyberpunk. I bought Wild Hunt based on a friend's recommendation after upgrading but Bannerlord came out before I got a chance to start. Not sure I can play another melee game now, but I love a good story, though. Maybe I'll try Wild Hunt while waiting for a few patches here.
Wild Hunt deserves the credit it receives, such an all round well made game. Cyberpunk is going to be another GotY.

The Witcher book series is also a great read.

Honestly i shouldnt rip The Witcher as ive never played it -it just looks representative of the type of gaming i personally dont enjoy. I like games where the combat feels real -no special powers, no ability to absorb 30 bullets and swallow a Heal patch etc..Every AAA title i own i literally give up after maybe an hour (Farcrys/RDRs/GTAs/Clancys) because the combat is utter garbage. like you mentioned above -Skyrim combat is atrociously bad. That IS there engine as ive heard they cant change it if they wanted to after many requests they make it more like Mount and Blade. think about that..
Not sure what planet you live on but on my one when one take an arrow to the knee ( or any other part of the body) one does not keep running. There is very little in bannerlord that feels real, not that im advocating for it for this to feel real i would be fleeing in terror at the sight of a few looters :razz:

Not sure what planet you live on but on my one when one take an arrow to the knee ( or any other part of the body) one does not keep running. There is very little in bannerlord that feels real, not that im advocating for it for this to feel real i would be fleeing in terror at the sight of a few looters :razz:
Actually, soldiers can and do keep running until that body party literally breaks or falls off.

With the adrenaline in overdrive, it does not hurt and they know they need to fight to survive.

Arrow in the leg, arm, lung, abdomen? Yeah keep fighting for another 15m before slumping down, then the pain hits full force and ya go into shock and pass out.

If you want realism then add infection and disease ?

These kinds of threads are probably the biggest reason why we don't hear much from them. I almost can't stomach the forums/reddit anymore because at least half of the posts are like this. They were pretty clear on the store page that A LOT was missing from the game and I don't think there is anything they could do at this point to make the public happy.

You are confusing cause and effect...

Here you accepted my claim the game isn't even in beta because you thought it makes your statement stronger. Now it's beta again? Make up your mind.
No i didnt say i game is in alpha, you said it and i said, if thats what you guy think my original statement gets stronger.

If you make anyone do anything (which means they didn't want to do it), then it's called violence. Since they CAN'T make anyone do anything, it isn't violence. OTHERWISE (the first case) it WOULD BE called violence.

Lets say I stand next to a person and some third one comes and shouts "If you kill him you will be arrested". I neaturally think he think im gonna kill other persın, yes he technically didn't say im gonna but he actually did. Did you see my point.

Speaking of Unity's capabilities:

Battle of 80,000 units
(this was in 2017 and playing in Unity Editor (not built for platform); it's not Bannerlord type battle, but it's not Bannerlord numbers either)

4.5M renderers, 100K audio sources, 5K vehicles, 200K unique individual objects @ 60fps
(this was in 2018; and it plays on a frickin' phone!)

First one doesn't have the decision making of bannerlord ai's.
As far as I see it in that demo units just attack closest enemy, there is no desicion making. And by attack I mean only play attack animation.

In bannerlord they angage, disangage, split, deside block or attack, which direction to attack or defend, which weapon to use. And bannerlord does this looking damn sweet.

Not compareable really.

Second one has nothing to do with my statement. Unity might be better in terms of polygons, or sounds it can handle. What im saying is individual ai's

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

So you just ignore my other evidence, nice one. You asked me why i think that, i explained. Im not trying to prove anything. Im not showing you "evidence".

I think Turkey is a decently sized country (not small by any means). I would have thought it would be more difficult to find a talented engine programmer like that guy you mentioned than game designers. They are usually a dime a dozen.

True they were lucky to find some. Some of the developers (even engine programmers) were taught as they work. I don't know how they pull it of tho.

How have they made so successful game in the first place if they didn't have capable designers / other type of developers? Plus they were bound to have learned a lot from that first experience (or multiple experiences, considering expansions). What happened to them afterwards? How have they suddenly lost their newly acquired skills?

While making mb they were so few if im not mistaken 4 at the beginnig of developement and 6 or 8 at the end. In warband tho they were 23. Now they are 3-4 times size of that. Experience and knowlage isn't something you can just grap and shove to others head. Or older team cant just have a mitotic division.

So you're saying the reason for the game's current faults are bad events in the country, and then you say the things are getting worse. Then what makes you think the game is going to be fine in the end?

Things are getting worse yes, thats why they launched ea, with funding they won't have a problem hopefully. The thing that makes me think game is gonna be finished is, their all previous games at launch and they all became stable in 1-2 years. Also they are highly passionate. Maybe this game won't be mb of your dreams but it will be a solid masterpiece just like warband was back in the days.

Ok, we'll agree to disagree.
So you just ignore my other evidence, nice one. You asked me why i think that, i explained. Im not trying to prove anything. Im not showing you "evidence".
I'll just clarify something here. I wasn't saying you were showing me or not showing me evidence, what I meant by that was: the fact there's no evidence of games like Bannerlord existing out there doesn't mean that it can't be done. That's all.
Anyway, have a great week.

Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

I'll just clarify something here. I wasn't saying you were showing me or not showing me evidence, what I meant by that was: the fact there's no evidence of games like Bannerlord existing out there doesn't mean that it can't be done. That's all.
Anyway, have a great week.

Yeah, thank you.

I had 2 full playthroughs and loved every second. But it went stale and grindy rapidly. Fans have lost interest, youtubers have lost interest. People have given a lot of money for a demo, this is worse than Star Citizen.

Stop dancing in your riches and streamline your bloody updates, AND COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR FANS THAT HAVE WAITED 7 YEARS FOR THIS EXCUSE OF A GAME/DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!

And before anyone says 'SssSoooOO YYuuuoOo KNNNoooOooWW HOoOW tOOo RuuUUunnNN GAaAmMmeee CooMmpaany THhhEEnn??!###!"!?

I manage a team at an ad agency working on several projects across the board at a time. So i'd like to say I can smell some neglect when it comes to management.

Sort your s**t out before the dream is dead.

I understand that you are frustrated with the sudden slowdown of game updates as of late, but this really isn't the way to go about voicing those concerns.

We are currently working on a large code refactor which is taking up quite a lot of our time (we mentioned it in the recent Early Access Update post - you can also read about some of our plans for the near future in there btw). Doing this now ensures that the foundations of the game are in a much better state for future updates. Unfortunately, this meant that we were unable to release a large patch for the past few weeks.

However, with that being said, updates to both main and beta are in the works and will be coming in the near future so you shouldn't have to wait too long to get started with a new campaign.

I understand that you are frustrated with the sudden slowdown of game updates as of late, but this really isn't the way to go about voicing those concerns.

We are currently working on a large code refactor which is taking up quite a lot of our time (we mentioned it in the recent Early Access Update post - you can also read about some of our plans for the near future in there btw). Doing this now ensures that the foundations of the game are in a much better state for future updates. Unfortunately, this meant that we were unable to release a large patch for the past few weeks.

However, with that being said, updates to both main and beta are in the works and will be coming in the near future so you shouldn't have to wait too long to get started with a new campaign.
Well stated.

thanks for the reply! good work!

Contradiction much?

Not everyone can afford (or is interested in) playing a new game every 3 days. This is the type of game that is expected to be played many times over many hours (as you are the witness to that).
Why is it unreasonable to expect for the sequel to contain more than the original game? Isn't it natural (or at least desired) for things to move 'forward'?
On the other hand, we have no right to expect anything from volunteer modders as if it's a given. Mods are nothing but a nice, free BONUS and shouldn't enter into a conversation about the state of the game except as a suggestion to developers of what players would be interested in seeing in the base game if it's aligned with the dev's vision of the product.

uh, no, there's no contradiction at all, at least not when you actually consider EVERYTHING I wrote, without taking it out of context like you did, well, at least that would be clear for someone with enough intellect to reflect over the words, maybe that's not the case here...

Back
Top Bottom