I'm so quiet these days. In fact, I'm on the forum every day. I don't dare urge version 1.66. I'm afraid it's another small update. After another week

Users who are viewing this thread

To be fair, the feedback about their updates they get on the forums, both here and on Steam, are often negative.

It is quite difficult to please even one person at times, so imagine pleasing thousands!
As far as suggestions/opinions are concerned, you ask two people to give you an opinion about one thing, you will probably get 3 different opinions!

It is somewhat understandable that people are demanding and negative about updates on a game they paid a premium price for, hell, there are people that complain and moan about free mods! I remember once I was part of a team that created a mod for Rome 2 TW. I spent countless hours testing different values for weapons/shields..etc. Each time I changed one value, I had to save the file, start the game, start a custom battle, take notes, then exit the game, change the value, start the game, another custom battle, take notes...and so on. Then some schmuck would come on the forum and tell us how bad the unit/battle or something was. Will not give you any insight or constructive criticism, just b1tch and moan. Man, that was annoying as sh1t.

So, it's just part of the community and Devs should have thick skin to deal with us if they want feedback.
I do think a lot of the suggestions here are quite great and hope Devs do actually look at them.

Anything on the next update?
We know it isn't happening this week. Seems to be somewhat important. Given that they said that sieges are fixed, there is probably a lot of testing being done to make sure that they are fixed.

I really can't imagine what this forum is going to be like if they aren't.

We know it isn't happening this week. Seems to be somewhat important. Given that they said that sieges are fixed, there is probably a lot of testing being done to make sure that they are fixed.

I really can't imagine what this forum is going to be like if they aren't.
Can you please provide sources?
I may have missed something since then but so far what we have is several bug tickets related to siege AI bugs marked as "Resolved".
I couldn't find any official communication.

It's done by a TW staff, so it's official.
Indeed.
But we don't know the background, either the criterium that lead to the decision to mark them as "Resolved".
I'm really looking forward to trying it out...
Some kind of official video showcasing the AI changes etc. would be great as well.
Or even better, an epic Paint art from Dejan ?

Can you please provide sources?
I may have missed something since then but so far what we have is several bug tickets related to siege AI bugs marked as "Resolved".
I couldn't find any official communication.
The source is the resolved notifications on all of the Siege bug reports.

Honestly, this has gotten ridiculous. We get information from an official TW employee saying that it's fixed, and people call that pure speculation, not a reliable source, or not believable enough. Come on, people. One could suspect the degree to which siege is fixed, but saying the information is not reliable is ridiculous.

Honestly, this has gotten ridiculous. We get information from an official TW employee saying that it's fixed, and people call that pure speculation, not a reliable source, or not believable enough. Come on, people. One could suspect the degree to which siege is fixed, but saying the information is not reliable is ridiculous.
We have learned from the past when they claimed that they fixed whatever and it wasn´t really fixed. Also I don´t see any real announcement from TW that we can expect a working siege AI with the next update. Only the bug threads were closed. So for me, it´s only speculation.

The worst thing that can happen is, that the fixes won´t really work and that they make it harder to get the mod that fixes the issues working again.

TW, this isn´t challenge :iamamoron:

The worst thing that can happen is, that the fixes won´t really work and that they make it harder to get the mod that fixes the issues working again.

TW, this isn´t challenge :iamamoron:
The most likely thing to happen is that the ladder AI will be better, but still has noticeable problems. If they're confident enough to mass-flag bug threads like that, they must at least have a significant improvement.

Back
Top Bottom