I'm so angry with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
Let me get this clear.

You sat on that chair and said?
"You know Sturgia,that ****ty ass faction we used to vent our frustration against Russian players who beat us at everything?"

"Yea what about it?"

"What if we ****ed it up even more,like...like the only redeemable thing about it,the Shocktroop,and make it into a ****ty ass unit who doesn't even uses it's spear"

"Great idea,I just got beat up by a Russian,so let's do this"

But then you go around and say
"You know,Khan's Guards aren't that frustrating for players to deal with,let's remove their 1H swords and just leave the Glaive,that way they can't deal with them anymore since their swing polearms won't work that efficiently anymore"

Like,please,I'm losing my mind here,DUDE!
1 ****ing year of development and you can't figure Sturgia's **** and nobody enjoys fighting anything Khuzait related?
What the fck's the holdup on these changes?

Khuzait's a world issue,Apocal.
So,yes,everyone.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying you're lying. You've started three threads about it in the last week so it is clear that something is going on in your playthrough.

But I'm not seeing it in my playthrough, my test runs or any of the streams I've popped in to check lately.

edit: This wouldn't be the first time there have been wildly different results for different people. Back in one of the cav vs. archers threads, I was getting results that were totally opposite of everyone else. No one could figure out why so I just wrote it off as outlier weirdness.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying you're lying. You've started three threads about it in the last week so it is clear that something is going on in your playthrough.

But I'm not seeing it in my playthrough, my test runs or any of the streams I've popped in to check lately.

edit: This wouldn't be the first time there have been wildly different results for different people. Back in one of the cav vs. archers threads, I was getting results that were totally opposite of everyone else. No one could figure out why so I just wrote it off as outlier weirdness.
My man,not world map.
In 2 out of 3 campaigns they either get steamrolled by NE or Aserai or dominate Sturgia/Stalemate with SE.
I just can't join armies against them.
A.I lords either go full stupid mod or I get freaking squished by a freaking stray arrow or a stray Khan's Guard chops my head off while suicide charging.

It's extremly frustrating,I don't even get gold positive fighting them because either my horsemen die,which I need vs Aserai or Imperials.
Or I lose way too many men after HA freaking makes Infantry go all direction and they get picked off by archers.

Their Infantry is also way too good for a faction which is supposed to be more cavalry dominant.
Darkhan hit like trucks and take dmg like ones.

Meanwhile my S. Spearmen are vibing into death with 24 BA,and 46 Head Armour.
I get they need Head Armour to be in the shield wall and they slash upper,but 2 hits from a T2-T3 infantry in the shoulders and they dead.

I like well Sturgia, except Raganvad who is a bit cheap on giving fiefs, even the ones we besiege ourselves :smile:

Else I play all factions, except Khuzaits (fun to play with full cavalry) but way too easy/boring and I am compossionate (lol) to the ennemies, seeing the merry mess Khuzaits spread on the battle field with all these horses :smile:

Not yet experienced what you are saying about the Lancers/Shock Troops, but imo Sturgian should have T6 infantry and maybe no horses, a bit like the nords in M&B WB.

Or I lose way too many men after HA freaking makes Infantry go all direction and they get picked off by archers.

Their Infantry is also way too good for a faction which is supposed to be more cavalry dominant.
Darkhan hit like trucks and take dmg like ones.
If you drag-and-drop their placement, the infantry won't turn in place. It is the same as forcing a Face Direction command, with fewer steps.

The last time I played Sturgia (after the big overhaul) their infantry were about the same as every other faction. I'm not sure what to say except spread your troops out and put them in Loose formation. ?‍♂️

If you drag-and-drop their placement, the infantry won't turn in place. It is the same as forcing a Face Direction command, with fewer steps.

The last time I played Sturgia (after the big overhaul) their infantry were about the same as every other faction. I'm not sure what to say except spread your troops out and put them in Loose formation. ?‍♂️
That's the thing,dude.
HA A.I right now is suicidal,I'm 100% you've seen it.
While Archer A.I has greatly improved.

So whenever HA finish their counter-clock rotation they enter in their own Archers,since HA usually go for infantry.
This makes these dudes aggro my Charging infantry,taking them along for the ride,it's really bad,dude.

I don't get it. My current Sturgian campaign is going fine. I love fighting against Kuzaits.

If this is just about infantry rotating about. Apocal is right. Manage your troops better - manually place them.

They're going to circle around the left of your line. Just load that flank with cavalry back behind your main line, and counter charge once they are parallel with you. I don't get the problem? Knowing that their HA are going to go around your left flank, you can also angle your archers so their HA are exposed for longer periods of time. Order your archers to hold fire until the enemy are well within lethal range (less than 100 meters) so they don't waste low damage shots on fast riders at distance. When you allow them to fire at any mounted troops with weak horse armour point blank, you'll see a sudden mass of horses go flying.

This looks like player technique to me.

I don't get it. My current Sturgian campaign is going fine. I love fighting against Kuzaits.

If this is just about infantry rotating about. Apocal is right. Manage your troops better - manually place them.

They're going to circle around the left of your line. Just load that flank with cavalry back behind your main line, and counter charge once they are parallel with you. I don't get the problem? Knowing that their HA are going to go around your left flank, you can also angle your archers so their HA are exposed for longer periods of time. Order your archers to hold fire until the enemy are well within lethal range (less than 100 meters) so they don't waste low damage shots on fast riders at distance. When you allow them to fire at any mounted troops with weak horse armour point blank, you'll see a sudden mass of horses go flying.

This looks like player technique to me.
good tactic, thanks for sharing

yeah I think HA in Kuzait isn't strong enough, in real history, Mongolian HA is the most deadly lethal army in the world, but in this game, for balancing reason, they have to reduce HA accuracy , which I understand

but still fun to play kuzait.

yeah I think HA in Kuzait isn't strong enough, in real history, Mongolian HA is the most deadly lethal army in the world, but in this game, for balancing reason, they have to reduce HA accuracy , which I understand

In real world history, Mongolian horse archers were no better or worse than other steppe horse archers. Definitely lethal, but no more or less special. In fact, their armies were often a polyglot of all sorts of peoples and backgrounds and sometimes more Turkic than Mongol. Mongols were special for the scope of the political and logistic capabilities of a few key people during their rise and how it allowed their strategic vision to be progressed. And for the way this allowed for the organisation and maintenance of large groups of usually warring tribal peoples.

They were exceptionally vulnerable on the field when poorly led. They were prone to internal squabbles when off the field. And much like in our game, any well organised and well led foe with experience fighting against nomadic cavalry could give them a bloody nose.

good tactic, thanks for sharing

but still fun to play kuzait.
I hate how TW reduces the accuracy of ranged troops. It is an extremely unsatisfying and needless way to solve that issue compared to simpler alternatives.

Just buff armour instead. I would much rather see ranged troops actually kill looters, and then struggle more with properly equipped troops. Melee takes a hit too in a way, but ranged combat more so.

On horseback, with an expensive bow, expensive arrows, decent armor, 100+ bow skill, 100+ riding skill, firing at looters from 70 freaking meters (210 feet away), and an arrow hits and does 20 danage.... then the looter throws a rock the size of a freaking fist and hits me.

Hits me. With a fist-sized rock. At 70 meters distance. More damage than my arrow did.

Then he turns and runs... with his pockets full of fist-sized rocks... faster than I can run naked while carrying nothing.

Why are the Calradian olympic shotputting and track and field gold medalists out looting?

So, yeah, buff armor, nerf rocks, and undo the athletics nerf.

I call rubbish on that scenario. You're exaggerating for effect.

I literally just took on 8 looters on day 1, with my hunting bow and standard arrows and cloth shirt... I took our 3 looters and the rest ran off.

During that time, I was hit by 4 rocks, which in total didn't make a noticeable dent in my health. Wearing linen.

Let me get this clear.

You sat on that chair and said?
"You know Sturgia,that ****ty ass faction we used to vent our frustration against Russian players who beat us at everything?"

"Yea what about it?"

"What if we ****ed it up even more,like...like the only redeemable thing about it,the Shocktroop,and make it into a ****ty ass unit who doesn't even uses it's spear"

"Great idea,I just got beat up by a Russian,so let's do this"

But then you go around and say
"You know,Khan's Guards aren't that frustrating for players to deal with,let's remove their 1H swords and just leave the Glaive,that way they can't deal with them anymore since their swing polearms won't work that efficiently anymore"

Like,please,I'm losing my mind here,DUDE!
1 ****ing year of development and you can't figure Sturgia's **** and nobody enjoys fighting anything Khuzait related?
What the fck's the holdup on these changes?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

I call rubbish on that scenario. You're exaggerating for effect.

I literally just took on 8 looters on day 1, with my hunting bow and standard arrows and cloth shirt... I took our 3 looters and the rest ran off.

During that time, I was hit by 4 rocks, which in total didn't make a noticeable dent in my health. Wearing linen.
They're a common complaint, they have too many rocks and throw to far, there's no reason for it and it's a huge blunder for TW to not respond to early game criticism. It's even more annoying if you start with real throwing weapons and not a bow as the looter clearly outrange you and make you throwing weapons' useless (except to sell and buy a bow).

I hate how TW reduces the accuracy of ranged troops. It is an extremely unsatisfying and needless way to solve that issue compared to simpler alternatives.

Just buff armour instead. I would much rather see ranged troops actually kill looters, and then struggle more with properly equipped troops. Melee takes a hit too in a way, but ranged combat more so.
Agreed. This kind of stuff is hard to report, it's just a vague feeling that as I start new playthrough most types of troops are just performing worse and worse overall. Sometimes I've tried to record and report it but sometimes it's hard to even show, like they just seem more clunky and stupid.

Back
Top Bottom