I'm out

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since the announcement of Bannerlord, I have been waiting for it's release. At first patiently, but for the last 18 months or so, increasingly impatiently...

I understand game development takes time but (and this could be my paranoia after too many similar experiences) I am seeing too many signs from which I interpret that the project is in trouble...

Sure, we have been given some videos over the year, but they only show somewhat better graphics and improvements in UI as well as some new features, which were so heavily scripted that it is difficult to say these new features will actually improve gameplay.

Still the lack of meaningful communication over the last 12-18 months, the fact that the booth at Gamescon is not accessible for the general public and the likely failure to meet their earlier claims to release in 2016 2017, all lead me to conclude that this game is several years away from completion, if it ever will be completed at all...

The recent "effort" of improving communication with the fanbase (and especially the most recent, terrible dev blog feels more like a knee-jerk reaction to an increasingly restless community than a well planned media offensive in preparation to release... Especially considering that essentially nothing is being said in the dev blogs, it is just more noise without any useful information.

So I am giving up on this game. I will no longer waste my time keeping up with the latest forum & Reddit posts.

I still hope the game will be released eventually, although I doubt it will be before 2020, and I may pick it up on a Steam sale at some point.

I give up too, long time to wait...(although it will release at some time), but when it release, i am still glad to grab one on steam. Before that, I would like to do other meaningful things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom