"Im glad to serve my kingdom and have no interest in serving another liege"

Users who are viewing this thread

darkmanx23

Recruit
this is killing me, everybody i try to recruit says this i like that people dont jump ship so easily but how am i suppose to recruit to my faction ?

is there a way to tell whos can be persuaded or not ? is there a way to change there mind ? what can be done

Mexxico explained that lords that would have too high a recruitment cost simple respond by saying this because things are good for them in their current kingdom, you should focus on bankrupt/fiefless lords as those would have a much higher chance of accepting leaving their kingdom since they are down on their luck anyway, i believe their relationship with the ruling clan and yours also plays a part on it but i'm not sure of this part.

Start from hiring at least couple of companions (tavern).. send them to either earn money as Caravan or gain exp. to protect yourself. Wonder around, level up invest in persuasion. Do missions for the lords you want to recruit. Money, reputation, persuasion...did i say money? It May take some time until you build strong kingdom.

Edit: Sorry, if you knew all that :wink: Didn't want to play cpt. Obvious here.

One of the things that I actually love about Bannerlord (and believe me, I complain about Bannerlord a lot) is that good relations (not even high relations) really do go a long, long way in this game. It can affect the amount of troops and the skill of troops that you recruit in towns and villages. It can affect your own fiefs prosperity. For lord it can affect whether your paying 3 cows or 8 cows for your wife. It can help you secure your own fiefs during elections. How much influence you need to recruit to an army. It affects everything in a really good way.

I really like that the relation penalties are lessened then what they did in Warband. In Warband, if you're in a war, and you will be in a war, then that your relation will be -50 by the end with all enemy lords. In this one, it treats it like it's business and nothing personal. It is harder to get lords to like you in Bannerlord. They don't just like you because you happen to join the same kingdom. You really do have to somewhat go out of your way, but I think it's better. They don't require an excessively high relation for you to start seeing the benefits of your friendships.

Last edited:
One of the things that I actually love about Bannerlord (and believe me, I complain about Bannerlord a lot) is that good relations (not even high relations) really do go a long, long way in this game. It can affect the amount of troops and the skill of troops that you recruit in towns and villages. It can affect your own fiefs prosperity. For lord it can affect whether your paying 3 cows or 8 cows for your wife. It can help you secure your own fiefs during elections. How much influence you need to recruit to an army. It affects everything in a really good way.

I really like that the relation penalties are lessened then what they did in Warband. In Warband, if you're in a war, and you will be in a war, then that your relation will be -50 by the end. In this one, it treats it like it's business and nothing personal. It's harder to get lords to like you. You really do have to somewhat go out of your way, but I think it's better. They don't require an excessively high relation for you to start seeing the benefits.
Does it affect prosperity? Just curious about this one.

On the other hand, I do agree with relationship is pretty relevant in Bannerlord.

Defeat them in battle a few times and let them go each time. Before long they want to marry you (figuratively speaking).

Good for planning out where you want to start your kingdom - join a neighbouring faction and crush the local lords a lot, letting them go each time. When you finally do set up your town everyone around loves you because you kept destroying their armies and taking all their stuff.

Does it affect prosperity? Just curious about this one.

On the other hand, I do agree with relationship is pretty relevant in Bannerlord.
You know what? I stand corrected. It doesn't. But what it seems is that when (if they haven't already) introduce the revolt feature, it will be useful in preventing that.

so relationship has to be high to get them to consider joining you ? my relationship was high with calatild but she said the same phrase

so relationship has to be high to get them to consider joining you ? my relationship was high with calatild but she said the same phrase

Here is the quote from Mexxico, Vonbalt also answered your question (3rd post). Effectively, you can not afford this lord with your current relations and his current situation (town/castles, money, liege relation, etc)

About lord recruitment if they will want more money than 500K + your money x 0.2 they directly say “i am not interested - i do not want to serve another liege”. So if you have 1M and if lord need 700K for changing sides he directly rejects so you do not lose time in persuasion steps. To reduce amount he will want from you and get a positive answer develop your relation with that lord and find lords in bad financial condition (no fiefs less money)

Last edited:
In my current playthrough on 1.5.10 I demolished the Western Empire so far. They got one castle left. I recruited several of their homeless lords for like 100-300k a pop depending on their size and how much they did like me.

I am having this same problem on 1.5.10. Just took the last Battanian fief, have 90+ relationship with every lord, but they all give me no shot at recruiting them. I thought maybe I didn't have enough money, so I cheated my gold up to 1.1 BILLION, and they still say the same thing.

For what it's worth, I'm playing 1.5.10, and just legit painted the whole map without cheating. There are still a lot of itinerant clans roaming around, and even the lords with whom I have +70 relations are giving me the cold shoulder. No one who I'm trying to recruit has any fiefs - so I think something might be wrong here.

For what it's worth, I'm playing 1.5.10, and just legit painted the whole map without cheating. There are still a lot of itinerant clans roaming around, and even the lords with whom I have +70 relations are giving me the cold shoulder. No one who I'm trying to recruit has any fiefs - so I think something might be wrong here.
Check their money through the barter menu. If they have plenty, they won't jump ship.

Back
Top Bottom