I'm curious why people's don't care about dynamic weather, day/night cycle,Enlighten?

Users who are viewing this thread

I read the most posts and discussed the most posts are emotional posts. I am concerned about how high the engine limit is. It may be that the engine can be used for 10 to 20 years. Like ancient scroll 5, you can see how many players developed MODS in ancient 5. Although there are many warband mods, there are many repeated contents and innovative playing methods are limited by the engine. Therefore, the improvement of the engine is my concern. It is related to how many amazing modules will appear in the future, as well as the imagination and creativity of module developers. Therefore, we hope to add day night cycle system, dynamic weather system, map buffer and dynamic global illumination. These are very mainstream technologies in recent years. I hope TW engine can actively follow up, seize the opportunity and don't be complacent, thank you
That's a good idea. It would be pretty amazing to include such things as weather. Even as far as having accuracy of ranged weapons etc affected by the conditions. Less accuracy in a stormy wind. Less power for bows and crossbows when it's wet. Even penalty for horses in muddy conditions.

If this would detract from the ability to handle the battles and etc running smoothly I can do without, but if it could be added in some way without taking from elsewhere than great!

Day night cycle is already a thing. Dynamic weather as in rain or clear day, I don't really care unless it actually has an effect on the game. Like slowing down movements or making bows less effective, but even then that's just extra annoyance. The only interesting related to weather would be setting forests on fire during a dry weather, but that would kill the frame rate if implemented.

I'm 100% for impactfull weather variation during battles.
Wind blowing from the front would hinder and reduce range, same for sun, snow, rain etc...
But I guess there is little chance it becomes reality because currently, even the night is not impacting the accuracy of the ranged troops...

I'm 100% for impactfull weather variation during battles.
Wind blowing from the front would hinder and reduce range, same for sun, snow, rain etc...
But I guess there is little chance it becomes reality because currently, even the night is not impacting the accuracy of the ranged troops...

That would actually be really cool if there were windy days and the wind could impact archers etc.

they value our feedback
giphy.gif

In Total war we have 3 choices of skip a battle if the weather doesn't please us. I use all till get a shiny day.

Dynamic Weather ????? All we get so far is god's weeing on my head ... "rain drops keep falling on head, they are yellow, smell funny and I wish I was dead ..."

If it seriously effected a battle ... like rain storm floods a river and washes away all troops on low ground.. that would be Excellent. Apart from that, blocking vision to find the enemy and forcing me to run around everywhere to find them ... that is VERY annoying.

Weather on the strategic map would be KOOL,

I think the most we could get is rain causing visibility issues, wind causing accuracy issues and maybe cold/heat affecting speed. It would be cool if the environment responded to weather too, but considering this is a 10 year old game that barely manages to make its AI climb a ladder, I do not think something like that is within the scope of Bannerlord's engines. I say again though...that would be insanely cool. lol

That would actually be really cool if there were windy days and the wind could impact archers etc.
Really? Imagine how annoying that would be. Your archers missing because they don't read the wind or read them wrong. Or you having to read the wind yourself and instruct your archers to lead further to the right. Rain, flood, and forest fire is one thing, but reading wind is hard unless you have stationary banners fluttering about.

Fog is good tho, if the AI also has limited sight because of it. Not just the player.

Really? Imagine how annoying that would be. Your archers missing because they don't read the wind or read them wrong. Or you having to read the wind yourself and instruct your archers to lead further to the right. Rain, flood, and forest fire is one thing, but reading wind is hard unless you have stationary banners fluttering about.

Fog is good tho, if the AI also has limited sight because of it. Not just the player.

I like environment and weather impacting battles in Total War, so I personally wouldn't get annoyed by it. It would force you to consider when to fight or when to retreat, and give greater pros and cons to certain terrains. For wind specifically, it could be tricky how to design it. One way I was thinking was by percentage. Maybe three presets of "windiness" (low, medium, extreme), and based off that, AI might perform just a smidge "worse". Maybe miss a few more shots than normal (they could use it, with their auto aim lol). Your own AI could go through this as well, but it could be skipped for the player. This would avoid it having to read wind or for you to instruct them constantly, just a basic state decrease or something.

It all rests on the shoulders of far more intelligent AI though, for the bigger stuff, like potential flooded rivers, fire arrows maybe starting forest fires etc etc. Which of course, Bannerlord lacks. However, in a more perfect world where the Bannerlord AI isn't absolute garbage, it would be perfectly fine.

The current situation is that all this is in our mind, not in practice. When it is really done, you will only say that it is really fragrant。
Not just fighting, but also other RPG elements. Think about it, brothers. When you were born, you were a shoemaker's son / armor maker's son / Lord's son / shoemaker's son / farmer's son / carpenter's son / even widow's son / Lord's illegitimate son / orphan / beggar's hand, and these occupations have their animation / task / content. You can help your father / mother / leader make shoes, armor, collect taxes, farm land, etc, It's raining heavily outside. You also have to send the task items to the designated person. During this period, you go to the tavern, Castle and other people's homes. You see the person you secretly love. Do you think the weather system and day night cycle are useful?
I think the game should be a step-by-step process , RPG - "free world -" sandbox world. If you don't have anything and don't do any code at the beginning, even if you can do mod, its starting point will not be too high. Only a good game can have a better mod

Last edited:
I like environment and weather impacting battles in Total War
So do I, especially the fire in Three Kingdoms. It's just that Total War is mechanically much more suited than Bannerlord for this. It also has stamina system that the weather affects a lot. I guess we can do the wind thing based on the archer's tier. A higher tier archer AI can take wind into account while low tier archer AI doesn't.

Then again it's back to the AI, yes. Thankfully wind wouldn't kill framerate the way a forest fire or flood would.

If you don't have anything and don't do any code at the beginning, even if you can do mod, its starting point will not be too high. Only a good game can have a better mod
Don't worry, my friend. Night and day cycle is already in the game, and if you just want visual rain for better role playing atmosphere, it should be very easy to do. You just need a 3D artist and a little scripting for that. You Chinese people make a lot of mods anyway, so you can search in Chinese forums for such mods.

Last edited:
So do I, especially the fire in Three Kingdoms. It's just that Total War is mechanically much more suited than Bannerlord for this. It also has stamina system that the weather affects a lot. I guess we can do the wind thing based on the archer's tier. A higher tier archer AI can take wind into account while low tier archer AI doesn't.

Then again it's back to the AI, yes. Thankfully wind wouldn't kill framerate the way a forest fire or flood would.

Don't worry, my friend. Night and day cycle is already in the game, and if you just want visual rain for better role playing atmosphere, it should be very easy to do. You just need a 3D artist and a little scripting for that. You Chinese people make a lot of mods anyway, so you can search in Chinese forums for such mods.
Even if the games they play are western, they also have an oriental aesthetic tendency, such as the idea of war. The picture is very beautiful, but the attack and characters look gorgeous, both skills and great moves. There are also clothes and armor. They all have an oriental aesthetic style. They are very awkward. I don't like them. Our generation is the generation with the most powerful invasion of western culture, so I know more about it. Therefore, I don't like the Oriental aesthetic style and model. I lack a sense of realism. I always feel like a cartoon version

They are very awkward. I don't like them.
Which game are you talking about? Mount and Blade Bannerlord or Total War Three Kingdoms? Bannerlord has no culture based on far east culture. If you're talking about chinese mods, I wouldn't know because I can't read chinese.

Total War Three Kingdoms looks pretty authentic and realistic too. At the very least they're more realistic compared to those fantasy-looking games from china I keep seeing on Steam. I'm guessing that's what you mean? Bannerlord mods from china? Chinese people do seem to lean towards fantasy when representing their own ancient culture.

Back
Top Bottom