Illyrian chieftain

Users who are viewing this thread

Good Monkey

Regular
First things first, congratulations on a beautiful mod! Keep up the good work.

So, I captured a fort in wich am Illyrian chieftain was prisoner. After the battle I got the "thank you for freeing me, friend" and the option to invite him to join me. I did that, he joined me and works just like another companion; I can change his equipment, skills, etc. However, after a while his health decreases for no reason until it drops to 0 and he can no longer fight. Not as battle wounds, just traveling or waiting in place decreases it.

Anybody knows how these things work? Am I not supposed to use the "Come join me option"? Any ideas, here? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It doesn't decrease, it swings up and down all the time. Maybe it is linked to the health of other Illyrian Chieftains on the map?

Thank you for your kind words and your feedback.
Now, to answer: That's the first time I hear about that issue, honestly. It seems that the Illyrian Chieftain(and there's a Scythian chieftain too) behaves as intended, to join the party after recruitment. The part that doesn't work as intended is the health issues, though. It's pretty weird, this up and downs. I think it is linked to the other chieftains, as you said, but it should't, I designed the chieftains to be unique, not linked, pretty much like the other NPCs. I will definitely check it out, thank you for noticing it and your observations.  :smile:

Happy to help!

A little more input on this. Whenever I can see the health value of other Illyrian Chieftains (when they are prisoners in towns, castles), it always matches that of the one in my party. So if you needed any confirmation on they all being linked, there it is.
Next I'll try to free another one and see if I can have multiple ICs in my party. I wonder how that will work?

Another funny thing, I ran into a party of bandits who had their own IC. The one on the "pay or fight" dialogue was replaced by mine, with all the equipment I had given him! And likewise he fought the battle on their side. The ungrateful bastard, ha! After they were defeated, he returned as if nothing had happened. The good news is, you can easily role play this.

Anyway, I really like this bandit leader recruiting feature. Wish there were more of them, and that their starting level was a little lower, since at lv 30 there is not much room for customization anymore.

Yes, it seems they are linked, or better yet, copies of the same NPC. Strange. All your info confirms it. I have done sth and testing it now, let's see if it works. If it works, I can add more bandit heros with the same template, that's easy.  :smile:

I vote for others heros parties (not just bandits, to be neutral in early stages  but that will change in attitude toward you according to your actions)
I like to see this feature in Fires of war, you're not the only guy who seeks fame and fortune in that time (POP style  :wink:)

of course, all that if you have access to the module system, otherwise forget that and concentrate on the OTHER project  :grin:

Yeah, access to the module system is partial still -I was able to salvage some files, but not much. And those I work with Native→Fires of War method. which is difficult and a bit silly, but it's all I have. I can see what to do, I also like the idea of adventuring parties.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom