"i'LL MaKe OnE oF yUo bLeEd" says a group of 5 looters...

Users who are viewing this thread

seriously, I can have an army of 100+ men but a small group of bandits will still be willing to fight me. Why? I know there is a perk that increases the chance of surrender by 30%, but why wouldn't they surrender 100% if they there facing an army of 10 times their size? maybe the developers don't want players to get free troop, but it's annoying.

They do surrender if you're way stronger then them. They'll offer to join your party, and if you refuse and they really have no chance, they can just give up without a fight and you get to take them all prisoner. I'm not sure how much stronger than them you need to be, but it could just be that you're under the threshold that would cause it.

Thats not 30%
I calculate it as a 80% 1-9 troops 40% for 10-19 30% for 20-25.Tested with with 300-350ppl party.
The percentage chance of surrender grows with the power imbalance, but even if they're 99% likely to surrender, they're still 1% likely to want to run at you out of habit.

Usually by the time your party is large, the majority of looters give up. But occasionally they don't - and Murphy's law, you auto resolve and lose 3 Khan's Guards. Sigh.

Some small bandit groups just not surrendering regardless is OK and realistic. Bandits are crazy people, man. Some are crazier than others. Some just aren't going to surrender regardless.
Usually by the time your party is large, the majority of looters give up. But occasionally they don't - and Murphy's law, you auto resolve and lose 3 Khan's Guards. Sigh.
I always save before I auto resolve. I always reload if I lose even 1 Khan's Guard. Way less of a hassle to just reload than it is to replace a KG.

And bandits are the only ones who attack allways, they never take a defensive stance, they are in game to train your troops and give you some money for current spends.

honestly, if they were an actual threat, like sea raider or steep bandits, then I wouldn't care, but they're just so weak, man. why won't they just give up!

honestly, if they were an actual threat, like sea raider or steep bandits, then I wouldn't care, but they're just so weak, man. why won't they just give up!
Because their options are the noose or the blade. They usually surrender for me though. It is the exception when they want to fight at 10:1 odds.

Back
Top Bottom