If you're looking for some free BTC (dead srs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, some people said the same thing about the US's ability to snoop on everyone's emails.

Actually they can. Bitcoins are hash codes, and with some really smart algorithms, you can trace a family of hashes to its source, so they could track multiple bit coins just by knowing about one.

Bitcoins are just a fad. Now they have Litecoins which I guess are the fad to mine now. Then they will have something else in the future I'm sure and nobody will remember Bitcoins.

With nothing actually backing these Bitcoins there is no reason to keep them around except the current interest in them.

That's not true, At least your government backs your currency with full faith and credit so as long as your government stands you know your money is worth something, and older currency was at least back by precious metals so you knew it was worth something. This new currency has neither.

Okay, your government backs your currency. That doesn't stop hyperinflation and economic disaster.
Most of the money that you own is probably also not backed by the government, but by a bank. As in, the money doesn't really exist, but the bank guarantees that you can get your money out of the bank if you want. So basically we place our faith in a vague promise that our currency has any real value. As long as everyone is playing along it works.
And that's the same situation we are in with bitcoins, would you look at that.
Of course, I could be wrong, and a piece of paper, or some numbers on a computer, could indeed have some inherent value that has remained undiscovered to me.

Untitled. said:
Okay, your government backs your currency. That doesn't stop hyperinflation and economic disaster.
Most of the money that you own is probably also not backed by the government, but by a bank. As in, the money doesn't really exist, but the bank guarantees that you can get your money out of the bank if you want. So basically we place our faith in a vague promise that our currency has any real value. As long as everyone is playing along it works.

Not true. Banks don't promise they will have your money. My money in the bank is backed by the FDIC as created by Congress that if anything should happen they will give me my money back.

And the government does stop hyperinflation and economic disaster through currency regulation. Obviously, that's not a safeguard against everything but you don't have wild swings in value on a DAY to DAY basis like you see with Bitcoins.

If we are going to debate bitcoins on real value then your money would be better served buying gold or some other precious metal in return for your cash. At least at the end of the day it's neither a fad and has real worth.

That all money is symbolic and its value is dependent on interest. This thesis might actually meed some modifying, now that I think about it. But should be fine as a rule of thumb.

Untitled. said:
That all money is symbolic and its value is dependent on interest. This thesis might actually meed some modifying, now that I think about it. But should be fine as a rule of thumb.

Current currency is based upon that method, but I wouldn't say they all worked that way or those backed by precious metals can at least when faced with a lack of interest be converted to another form of currency someone may make purchases with.

With Bitcoins you got nothing.

I'm not saying you are wrong. Interest is the key factor or we'd all be mostly working on the barter system.

ejnomad said:
Untitled. said:

Not true. Banks don't promise they will have your money. My money in the bank is backed by the FDIC as created by Congress that if anything should happen they will give me my money back.

And the government does stop hyperinflation and economic disaster through currency regulation. Obviously, that's not a safeguard against everything but you don't have wild swings in value on a DAY to DAY basis like you see with Bitcoins.

If we are going to debate bitcoins on real value then your money would be better served buying gold or some other precious metal in return for your cash. At least at the end of the day it's neither a fad and has real worth.

Tha's not backed money. Backed means the currency represents something and can be converted to said something at will.

FDIC afaik plays no role in the creation of money, it just acts as an insurance company.

kurczak said:
Tha's not backed money. Backed means the currency represents something and can be converted to said something at will.

FDIC afaik plays no role in the creation of money, it just acts as an insurance company.

You are right but that's not what we were talking about. I was kinda expecting others to understand this with my myriad examples I threw in with currency that was backed with precious metals.

Trevty said:
I've made about thirteen cents, so I suppose I'm winning.
Nice, mirin'. Keep going at it, and try to get your rolls in every hour possible. It'll start coming.

Scully said:
Anyone either rich or scammed yet?
Lol. I'm currently at .1 ('bout $87), waiting for Monday so they can be deposited.

Back
Top Bottom