If you join a faction as mercenary, you will loose all your previous holdings :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Title says it all.

I captured an Aserai city, while being an independant player (no kingdom related, not a vassal and not a mercenary).

One month ingame after the conquest of that city, i have joined Southern Empire as a mercenary since we both are at war with Aserai.

If i want to leave them, i have to either relinquish all holding that WERE NOT conquered by them, or loose massive reputation with each lords of their faction.

This needs to be fixed. So mercenary arent allowed to have any fief at all? I know you CAN NOT HOLD a fief if you conquer one AS A MERCENARY, but that city was conquered BEFORE i became a mercenary.

This is not supposed to work like this, only vassals rebelling should be concerned by relinquing fiefs or loosing rep.

Actually, a mercenary shouldn't be able to hold a city or town because unless you are declaring yourself an independent kingdom, your just a bandit holding property unlawfully. I am actually surprised that you can hold a town without declaring yourself king and that another kingdom would accept you as a mercenary WHILE you held onto a city unlawfully.

On the other hand, this game may actually allow it but I there is a known bug that mercenary contracts never end and if you ask to be released you lose massive relationship standing with the faction you were a mercenary with. This bug might actually be what is occurring though I personally hope they don't let you hold towns/castles as a mercenary.

Actually, a mercenary shouldn't be able to hold a city or town because unless you are declaring yourself an independent kingdom, your just a bandit holding property unlawfully. I am actually surprised that you can hold a town without declaring yourself king and that another kingdom would accept you as a mercenary WHILE you held onto a city unlawfully.

We were both at war with the same ennemy, guess the ennemy of my ennemy is my friend :wink:
And i dont see why a mercenary bandit warlord could not ally with a faction by joining them as a merc, providing them his manpower, and eventually his own fiefs.

And yes mercenary should not hold city/town they conquered WHEN they were mercs. Before is irrelevant.

There is no that big difference between a bandit warlord being at war with a faction by attacking them, and a formal declaration of war between faction.

We were both at war with the same ennemy, guess the ennemy of my ennemy is my friend :wink:
And i dont see why a mercenary bandit warlord could not ally with a faction by joining them as a merc, providing them his manpower, and eventually his own fiefs.

And yes mercenary should not hold city/town they conquered WHEN they were mercs. Before is irrelevant.

There is no that big difference between a bandit warlord being at war with a faction by attacking them, and a formal declaration of war between faction.
Respectfully disagree. Bandits are universally hated and hunted down, why should a player bandit be treated differently. In a way the current system you describe makes sense. Your at war with the same faction so sure, they take you on as a Merc, maybe even let you keep your city or whatever because you are essentially acting as a puppet kingdom for them while being a Merc. However, the second you want to leave, they go "Fine....oh by the way, about the City.....yeah if your not working for us anymore, you have to leave that behind or we are going to get upset and take it from you." That is realistic, them allowing you to remain an illegitimate and unrecognized bandit kingdom is not.

By the way, in Mount & Blade:Warband, the minute you captured a city/town as an independent, pretty much every factions marked you as kill on sight unless you have a ton of "Right to Rule" built up. If you had "Right to Rule" they would recognize you as a legitimate kingdom otherwise you were a bandit unless you became a vassal of someone. Seems like Bannerlord gives you a similar choice. Capture a city/town and declare yourself king or be a bandit but if your a bandit with no recognized diplomatic "Right to Rule" so to speak, someone is going to oust you sooner or later, including the Ruler who you were Merc'ing for if your no longer useful to them.

as above, in reality you would be hanged as a common bandit, if you would come to any ruler proposing to be a mercenary while holding actual land. Ever heard of robber barons in medieval Europe? They were treated like bandits :wink:

On the other hand, this game may actually allow it but I there is a known bug that mercenary contracts never end and if you ask to be released you lose massive relationship standing with the faction you were a mercenary with. This bug might actually be what is occurring though I personally hope they don't let you hold towns/castles as a mercenary.
Ok lets move away from the player having a fief and wanting to join a war by being paid by another kingdom does making himself a mercenary as the default system is still in place. What i believe most players mean by that is having the option to be paid by other kingdoms to join in on their side of the war. Its not uncommon and its even stated in the Bannerlord lore by both Aserai and Khuzaits that they`ve been paid by the Empire to figfht for them. Like not minor clans or merc groups but actual Clans with Names that are still in the game going to war vs enemies of the Empire for money. Its not much different than the tribute system already in place. Kingdoms dimplomacy is still under heavy critism for not being as developed as it should by this point so adding the option to ask kingdom or even kingdoms asking you Will you join our war / Will you declare war for that amount of money isnt something far fetched or in the realm of fantasy as it holds grounds even in real history events. Thats the whole point i believe they are trying to put out there is can we have the option to be hired by another Kingdoms regardless if we have a legit rulership over a fief or not cuz the whole "No you cant" comes from the coding in the game that all fiefs belong under the same Faction which also leads to a complain of mine as a merc if i take over a castle by law sure that castle should go to the Faction im hired for but in the age of swords i think by being the guy with army inside that castle i can fairly easy say "yeah nope ima keep this" and ofc that will imediatly put me in negative and at odds with the faction i were hired by. But saying we absolutely under no way cant even do that is wrong and not backed up by any evidence on why we shouldnt be able other than its not yet coded scripted in the game. Its perfectly viable option and mechanic that isnt implemented yet should be the answer here not "a mercenary shouldnt" since shouldnt doesnt mean cant . Its a scrip issue not a lore/history one.

Although we're in EA, so lore can be rewritten...
Indeed it can if removing writen lore in dialogs with over a dozen lords and removing the flavour of the factions helps solving the issue of missused or entirely missing concept for the sake of not satisfying the customer to ease the burden of developing. You do know that the people who are in these forums are actually paid users of the game and not the average cracked version torrent downloaders cuz they dont care that much to support a company or a game so why would they bother adressing gameplay issues. Idk but for some reason i think you work for Taleworlds and your answer doesnt sit well with me.

Naw, I'm just a commoner working for the man, literally as far as one can possibly get from Turkey. But thanks for the cred.

As for rewriting lore, based on recent comments, they're changing the balance of children in up-coming iterations. If they can change character children, then they can change character backstory. It's just text in a database field.

Man, if we could work for taleworlds just by playing Bannerlord an posting moderately positively about it online.... well.... we'd probably work for taleworlds. I'll send in my resume.
Thats the whole point i believe they are trying to put out there is can we have the option to be hired by another Kingdoms regardless if we have a legit rulership over a fief or not cuz the whole
No, this is a 2 year old post you necro'd. Their problem was 2 different bugs: 1 game let them join as a merc when they owned fiefs 2 leaving the contract made the give up the fief or go to war. Both of these have long been patched now. You can leave a merc contract at any time with no punishment and you cannot be a merc if you own a fief. I get what your saying though and while that would make sense in general, in M & B it's more an anomaly that you can even be considered "not a faction" after you take a fief. It's more likely for this to be revoked (make you automatically a a faction ruler subject to war) then to add merc contracts for land owning free clans.

Back
Top Bottom