If you have Performance Issues, Crash and RUNTIME ERRORs Look here

Users who are viewing this thread

hello Guys, Fantastic mod!! Really Enjoying it :grin: I have one little problem, the villager NPCs are acting weird... They seem to walk into buildings or into the far distance and get stuck on objects. Is there anyway to fix this? I know it's not serious but it just breaks the immersion a lil' bit :smile: Thanks guys... 
Also what is the recommended settings and battle size for the mod, running the mod maxed out and battles at 300-400 men: Laggy battles :razz: Ive yet to try it out again with render buffer on 512 like recommended.

What mod are you playing?
Links to the latest submod are posted below.
It's similar to Repolished and looks the same.

I can't speak to the recommended settings.
I have a good 2013 processor with no external graphics card and I can get good performance at 120 men, but not much higher.
If you fiddle with options, remove shadows and texture details, you'll get it to go higher.
Gigantic might be able to help.

Nothing you describe is out of the ordinary. They do walk into buildings but not through them.
Battlesizes rarely exceed 150 before it stutters too much.

If you don't mind a little experimenting with your battle size then, in my experience, you can see a clear difference in fps at intervals of every 40 or so. Since you already seemed to have tried 300, you could try 260, 220, and maybe 185 (not too different from 150 though, IMO).

Okay, i'll give it a go. Atm i've got it on 500 i think, i'll end up turning it down 40 or so. Thnks alot guys, great mod.  But when You say its totally normal tht the villagers walk into objects, the villagers Npcs carry on walking into the object, building, etc they dont turn around.

Phoenix,
I can release a fix for both submods if you know what module file governs this issue.
I know there are several scripts in the Scripts file relating to walking, but I don't see anything relating to turning around at walls.
Even a script/trigger name or keyword would help me track it down.

I always crash when I try to use the flail or morning star n chain (The crash happens EXACTLY the moment I try to switch weapon to it).
Is there any way I can fix this?

That's odd. I don't have that issue.
If you are trying to mix mods there might be a problem as the flail pack from Reworked will cause the other mods to crash.
Check out the new submod tomorrow.
I will have an item_kinds1 that works in old submods of Brytenwalda as well as one that works with the flails.

gdwitt said:
That's odd. I don't have that issue.
If you are trying to mix mods there might be a problem as the flail pack from Reworked will cause the other mods to crash.
Check out the new submod tomorrow.
I will have an item_kinds1 that works in old submods of Brytenwalda as well as one that works with the flails.

You're right.

It appears you have an outdated version of the core game .exe file.
If you put game_variables into the mod folder, it should run.

Here is an old file solution: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji9bxcg4cy257cg/game_variables.txt?dl=0
Otherwise:

1. Check to see that you have a file called module.ini in your main mod folder.
2. You are probably missing some files in your folder called "Resources".
I would redownload the mod just for that file.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what's missing. I would personally start over with a fresh unpack of the zip file.

I have a 2017 HIGH END PC and when I am getting into battles that is like 100 vs 100 the game crashes immediately.
I dont know how to fix it. But in the vanilla i can fight 1000 vs 1000 in 40 fps..................................................................

specs I7-6700K 4.0 GHZ
GTX 1080 EVGA superclocked edition
16 RAM KINGSTON

Back
Top Bottom