If you have Performance Issues, Crash and RUNTIME ERRORs Look here

Users who are viewing this thread

If you have runtime or crash, maybe you need use some of these performance patchs:

If you have PC old: <4 GB of memory and <1GB of graphic card, you can try this performance patch:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/TOVY_O0-/brytenwalda512x512.html

If you have a PC very old: (<2 GB memory), you can try this other patch:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/7taQHHsh/brytenwalda256x256.html

If this dont fix your issue, then continue reading...

----------------------------

If you have continous CTD issues you need read this guie, but before you try this (steps copy of JohnT)
1) remove the mod and the game completely
2) defrag all hard disk drives/partitions on your PC
3) re-install the game
4) before launching the game, disable/kill all applications that run in the background
6) if you have no network sharing [i.e. single computer at home] disable your memory resident antivirus for limited extra performance gain
    A Good Graphics Card with generous dedicated vRAM is needed for anything to do with 3D environments (battle screens)
    For the campaign map, it is calculations that is being done in the background and that requires A LOT of CPU power
    Naturally enough RAM is also required to store the data that is to be processed.

Known things that will cause you to CTD or Lag heavily!
Autor: Kinsume in 1257 forum.
Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

Alright so I'm making this topic in order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again. Post under it when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag. If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.

Causes

1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)

2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)

3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)

4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)

5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)

6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)

7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)

8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)

9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)

10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)

Potential Fixes

1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)

2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)

3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)

4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)

5. Set max frame rate to 80. (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)

6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)

7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)

This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.

No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of ****.

If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.

If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.

If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.

-----------------------------
1. Solution.

Well, generally your crash and Runtime erros isnt bugs, it can be problem of performance or low memory. Brytenwalda 1.34 need best PC than 1.332 or native.

A solution that is fix 85% of the problems is here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
-----------------------------

2. Solution

Other solution is that you look your configuration, if you have problem same you need change something to:

Enable Cheats = Off
Load Textures on demand = ON
Texture detail = 60%
Antialissing = Off
Shadow Quality = Low

Enable Edit mode = Off
Force Single Threading = ON (Mount&Blade supports multi-core processors. You can use this option if for some reason your multi-core processor is not handled correctly, or if your single-core processor is incorrectly recognised as a multi-core. If you have a multi-core processor you should always leave this option off unless you have problems, as turning it on will reduce performance.)

-You max the corpses at 40
-This could to be a potential problem with a video card with limited video memory.  You can reducing the texture size in the Warband configuration options.  Please reduce the texture size until your crashing stops.

More:
-You try to change the render_buffer_size parameter: rgl_config.txt

The default value is something like 15, but people reported good results in the past setting it to 100 or more (will depend on your GPU RAM size).

-There is another parameter there: disable_frequency_variation

-If you turn off 'load textures on demand', it doesn't load the textures into RAM for use when a scene is built and actors are placed.  Instead, it's putting all of the textures into VRAM.  This causes a crash upon game load if the end-user doesn't have enough room, throwing a fairly mysterious-sounding error message, instead of gracefully switching off the option and loading normally.

More information here:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Configuration

However, if you have this problem and you fix it, post your solution plz, others player can need it.

------------------------

3. Solution

I am crashing on the first page. The very first page when you are loading the game. When I am loading I get a RGL error. Solutions?

Autor: Derraa

- Go to Documents
- Open Mount&Blade Warband folder
- Open rgl_config
- Change the value in render_buffer_size to 256 ( after playing Brytenwalda if you play another mod change it to the previous value; i.e: mine was 204:cool:
- Enter game, new game.
- Play and have fun.
---------------------------------

4. Solution

Autor: Evil_BG

Problem:
When I play for 20 minutes it gives me that release time or somthing CLOSED my game and I can't play...

Solution:
Im with Dual CPU so I enabled the single threading ... Otherwise I buffed my settings to the max and now I play with no problem, I also did another thing.
I went to My Documents and opened the warband folder then opened rgl_config and I pressed CTRL and F and typed in render_buffer_size then I changed it to 256... I don't remember what it was before but I have no problems now. The game is so nice when its on maximum settings.

-------------------------

5. Solution

If you cannt enter to taverns or towns, it is a Warband 1.143 bug with some configurations, you need open your module.ini (in Brytenwalda mod), and change disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 0 to disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 1

----------------------

6. Solution

Autor: Treebeard

Graphic Performance Problem:

Best current fix (for some people): So far the best temporary fix is to comment away all buffer_size lines.
The game_variables.txt file can be found in your module's name (e.g. Native) and is located in the Module folder where you installed Warband.
Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Native

Before you modify game_variables.txt, make a copy of it so you have a backup, in case you make a mistake and you want to go back to the original.
To deactivate the lines put a # in front of them:

Code:
#new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_static  = 262144
#new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_dynamic = 262144

#new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_static 	=  32768
#new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_dynamic     =  32768
#new_buffer_size_regular_static          = 131072
#new_buffer_size_regular_dynamic         =  65536
#new_buffer_size_skinning_static         = 131072
#new_buffer_size_skinning_dynamic        =  65536
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_static       = 131072
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_dynamic      =  65536
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_static  = 131072
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_dynamic =  65536

The reason for commenting them away is that if they are not there, then the game engine uses its own hard coded default values, and those values seem to work better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------

7. Solution

Autor: Harper2010

Anyhow for the life of me I could not get this mod to even start up in the game, giving me runtime errors on the loading bar screen once it reached the "loading setting data" part at the end. Well after trying about everything else I realized that when I downloaded it (saving it to downloads not clicking on run) that because I used one of the "alternative" download sites I had gotten a warning about that website not being trusted...I clicked on "run any way"...it installed fine but wouldn't run. Well apparently when it ran the installer it did not run with admin rights (windows 7)(nor did it even give me the option to). Even though the mod seemed to be all there when I inspected it, it apparently caused this error.

Solution= Erased the new version, went to my downloads folder and reinstalled with admin rights and now the mod loads up fine. So to anyone who has had this problem before and couldn't understand why....this might be your ticket to kick some pict butt.
If you installed using alternate website(forget which one of the two) and you got an error message about it not being trusted...just exit that out and goto download folder and  install with admin rights.

And before anyone blasts me....yes I always run everything with admin rights with win7 but the way this turned out I did not have the option too and for some dumb reason it didnt occur to me at first.

Idibil said:
A solution that is fix 85% of the problems is here:
well intel core2 duo e6300, 3GB ram and radeon hd 3850 should be enough, i have had couple of times runtime error, using clean install(none of the alternative mods installed) of Brytenwalda, load textures on demand checked, hdr on, all settings on high. the hint to modify the ini bootfile from that thread do help. no runtime errors anymore, yay. give it a try, might help you guys.

For all you sceptics. This really works. It seems daunting, changing your logs but it is easy and it work fine for me.

I am not computer expert but this is bassicaly what I understand from it.

If you have 32 bit system, which most of us have, you have a RAM maximum (2 to the 32th is about 4 gig). I have a 32 bit system but I never have 4 RAM ( which I have) because other stuff like motherboard / Graphic card, also take up RAM memory. Your pc simply caps the amound of RAM for 1 process. With this you turn that up.

So as far as I follow: When you get a CTD for saving(f.e) normally your pc says "to much memory required I quit". Now we give the pc some extra (unused) memory to do just that singular action. (like saving/loading)

The thread link explains it way better.

BUT: it is not hard, it does work (for most) and we can enjoy this mod way better!

Just a thought from a , scared to **** up system guy, to say it CAN work

It worked for me too.  I was also worried about changing my computer settings, but everything worked out fine.  It turns out the my computer had its VM(Virtual memory) lower than it was supposed to.  So now I can play Bryrenwalda with no crashes. :grin:

I used to play Brytenwalda1.33 fine and still do as the roman submod.
But since installing the newer version of MB Brytenwalda I get crashes whenever I enter a battle, big or small. I ge a lagging and then a CTD with a run time error. Why do I get it only on this version and not on 1.33? I tried playing on low settings instead of mediu and someof the fixes you give in these topics but it changed nothing.

I use a Intel core duo 3.16Ghz
2046 Mb rAM
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT 512 Mb

Please help.  :???:

hello everytime i click visit my camp or try to walk around in a city i get a c++ runetime crash

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.143

-- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista  Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 2246MB/3070MB
-- CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (AuthenticAMD)
- L1 cache size: 64K
- L2 cache size: 512K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 HTT 3DNow! Ex3DNow! MmxExt
- Number of CPUs: 2 ( Speed: ~2210MHz / ~2210MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
- Texture Memory: 2286 ( Available Texture Memory: 2219 )

Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
Module_name =  Europe/
Num Hints =  12
Setting Map Min X =  -105.000000
Setting Map Max X =  600.000000
Setting Map Min Y =  -372.000000
Setting Map Max Y =  400.000000
Setting Time Multiplier =  0.250000
Setting Seeing Range Multiplier =  6.500000
Setting Track Spotting Multiplier =  0.800000
Setting player_wounded_treshold =  5.000000
Setting hero_wounded_treshold =  15.000000
Setting Skill Prisoner Management Bonus =  5
Setting Skill Leadership Bonus =  3
Setting Base Companion Limit =  20
Setting player_xp_multiplier =  2.000000
Setting hero_xp_multiplier =  2.000000
Setting regulars_xp_multiplier =  3.000000
Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold =  3.000000
Setting damage_interrupt_attack_treshold_mp =  1.000000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_cut =  0.800000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_pierce =  0.650000
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_blunt =  0.500000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.000000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce =  0.500000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt =  0.750000
Setting horse_charge_damage_multiplier =  1.000000
Setting couched_lance_damage_multiplier =  0.650000
Setting fall_damage_multiplier =  1.000000
Setting shield_penetration_offset =  30.000000
Setting shield_penetration_factor =  3.000000
Setting missile_damage_speed_power =  1.900000
Setting melee_damage_speed_power =  2.000000
Scan Module Textures =  1
Scan Module Sounds =  0
Loading Resource  test
Loading Resource  textures_face_gen
Loading Resource  shaders
Loading Resource  textures
Loading Module Resource  ocean
Loading Module Resource  materials
Loading Resource  materials_face_gen
Loading Resource  uimeshes
Loading Resource  meshes_face_gen
Loading Resource  helpers
Loading Resource  map_tree_meshes
Loading Resource  map_icon_meshes
Loading Resource  particle_meshes
Loading Resource  skeletons
Loading Resource  tree_meshes
Loading Resource  xtree_meshes
Loading Resource  grass_meshes
Loading Resource  plant_meshes
Loading Resource  body_meshes
Loading Resource  object_meshes
Loading Resource  object_bodies
Loading Resource  goods_meshes
Loading Resource  item_meshes1
Loading Resource  horse_a
Loading Resource  arabian_horses
Loading Resource  arabian_castle
Loading Resource  food
Loading Resource  beards
Loading Resource  armors_b
Loading Resource  armors_c
Loading Resource  armors_d
Loading Resource  armors_e
Loading Resource  armors_f
Loading Resource  armors_g
Loading Resource  armors_h
Loading Resource  armors_i
Loading Resource  boots_b
Loading Resource  boots_c
Loading Resource  helmets
Loading Resource  helmets_b
Loading Resource  village_houses
Loading Resource  village_houses_a
Loading Resource  village_houses_b
Loading Resource  hair
Loading Resource  deneme
Loading Resource  interiors_a
Loading Resource  interiors_b
Loading Resource  interiors_c
Loading Resource  arena
Loading Resource  map_icons_b
Loading Resource  castle_a
Loading Resource  dungeon
Loading Resource  stone_houses
Loading Resource  snowy_houses
Loading Resource  snowy_castle
Loading Resource  helmets_d
Loading Resource  helmets_e
Loading Resource  helmets_f
Loading Resource  castle_b
Loading Resource  square_keep
Loading Resource  anim_b
Loading Resource  shields
Loading Resource  shields_b
Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_c
Loading Resource  xtree_meshes_b
Loading Resource  map_icons_c
Loading Resource  pictures
Loading Resource  user_interface_b
Loading Resource  user_interface_c
Loading Resource  scene_encounter_spot
Loading Resource  interior_thirsty_lion
Loading Resource  scene_small_tavern
Loading Resource  weapon_meshes1
Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_b
Loading Resource  houses1
Loading Resource  wall_meshes1
Loading Resource  town_houses
Loading Resource  doors
Loading Resource  churches
Loading Resource  town_houses_b
Loading Resource  castle_c
Loading Resource  castle_d
Loading Resource  castle_e
Loading Resource  castle_f
Loading Resource  castle_g
Loading Resource  castle_h
Loading Resource  castle_i
Loading Resource  gatehouse
Loading Resource  viking_houses
Loading Resource  fake_houses
Loading Resource  town_houses_c
Loading Resource  banners
Loading Resource  map_flags
Loading Resource  map_flags_b
Loading Resource  map_flags_c
Loading Resource  map_flags_d
Loading Resource  particles_2
Loading Resource  prisons
Loading Resource  prisons_b
Loading Resource  interiors_d
Loading Resource  costumes_b
Loading Resource  costumes_c
Loading Resource  arena_costumes
Loading Resource  boots_a
Loading Resource  terrain_borders
Loading Resource  terrain_borders_b
Loading Resource  skyboxes
Loading Resource  object_b
Loading Resource  tree_e_meshes
Loading Resource  destroy
Loading Resource  xtree_meshes_c
Loading Resource  grass_meshes_b
Loading Resource  interiors_steppe
Loading Resource  grooming_horse
Loading Resource  town_houses_d
Loading Resource  horses_b
Loading Resource  ani_horse_mounted
Loading Resource  deneme2
Loading Resource  horse_skeleton
Loading Resource  steppe_fake_houses
Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_d
Loading Resource  tableau_shields
Loading Resource  spear
Loading Resource  weapons_e
Loading Resource  weapons_f
Loading Resource  instruments
Loading Resource  sarranid_armors
Loading Resource  custom_banner
Loading Resource  simple_primitives
Loading Resource  ani_man_walk
Loading Resource  ani_twohanded
Loading Resource  ani_onehanded
Loading Resource  ani_death
Loading Resource  ani_stand_guardsman
Loading Resource  ani_human_mounted
Loading Resource  ani_lady_stand
Loading Resource  ani_poses
Loading Resource  ani_stand_shopkeeper
Loading Resource  ani_man_cheer
Loading Resource  ani_stand_onhorse
Loading Resource  ani_throw_stone
Loading Resource  ani_strikes
Loading Resource  ani_equip_arms
Loading Resource  ani_run_p
Loading Resource  ani_run_forward_left_right
Loading Resource  uni_strikes3
Loading Resource  ani_walk_sideways
Loading Resource  ani_run_sideways
Loading Resource  ani_stand
Loading Resource  ani_crouch_down
Loading Resource  ani_low_walk
Loading Resource  ani_turn_man
Loading Resource  ani_attacks_single
Loading Resource  ani_lancer
Loading Resource  ani_attacks
Loading Resource  ani_kicks
Loading Resource  ani_parry_attack
Loading Resource  ani_walk_backward
Loading Resource  ani_run_lookingsides
Loading Resource  ani_defends
Loading Resource  ani_walk_lookingsides
Loading Resource  ani_jump
Loading Resource  ani_wedding
Loading Resource  arabian_props
Loading Resource  uni_jump
Loading Resource  uni_stances
Loading Resource  uni_equip
Loading Resource  uni_strike
Loading Resource  uni_throws
Loading Resource  uni_fistswing
Loading Resource  uni_lord_stand
Loading Resource  uni_defence
Loading Resource  uni_sideways
Loading Resource  dart
Loading Resource  armors_new_a
Loading Resource  armors_new_b
Loading Resource  armors_new_heraldic
Loading Resource  armors_new_arena
Loading Resource  crossbows
Loading Resource  arabian_armors
Loading Resource  rock
Loading Resource  costumes_d
Loading Resource  nordic_helmets
Loading Resource  sarranid_helmets
Loading Resource  sarranid_armor
Loading Resource  raw_materials
Loading Resource  khergit_lady_dress
Loading Resource  vaegir_helmets
Loading Resource  gauntlets_new
Loading Resource  sarranid_lady_dress
Loading Resource  sarranid_boots
Loading Resource  bride_dress
Loading Resource  full_plate_armor
Loading Resource  weapon_meshes_e
Loading Resource  fur_armors_a
Loading Resource  ui_server_filter
Loading Resource  ship
Loading Resource  arabian_houses
Loading Resource  object_c
Loading Resource  tree_f
Loading Resource  interiors_arabian
Loading Resource  arabian_village
Loading Resource  valleyProps
Loading Resource  workshops
Loading Resource  barrier_primitives
Loading Resource  town_houses_e
Loading Module Resource  almohad
Loading Module Resource  aragon
Loading Module Resource  banners_e1200
Loading Module Resource  banners_e1200_mul
Loading Module Resource  buildings
Loading Module Resource  castille
Loading Module Resource  commoner
Loading Module Resource  church
Loading Module Resource  denmark
Loading Module Resource  e1200_pics
Loading Module Resource  england
Loading Module Resource  flanders
Loading Module Resource  france
Loading Module Resource  french_military_props
Loading Module Resource  gaelic
Loading Module Resource  genoa
Overwritten module resource is ignored due to the module switching:  helmets
Loading Module Resource  helmets_e1200
Loading Module Resource  heraldic
Loading Module Resource  hre
Loading Module Resource  ireland
Loading Module Resource  ldk
Loading Module Resource  leon
Loading Module Resource  lombard
Loading Module Resource  map_flags_e1200_c
Loading Module Resource  monastery
Loading Module Resource  navarre
Loading Module Resource  other
Loading Module Resource  papal
Loading Module Resource  pino
Loading Module Resource  pisa
Loading Module Resource  portugal
Loading Module Resource  scotland
Loading Module Resource  sicily
Loading Module Resource  sweden
Loading Module Resource  toulouse
Loading Module Resource  tuscan
Loading Module Resource  venice
Loading Module Resource  wales
Unrecognized Module_info directive =  use_explicit_couch_flag . Skipping.

} //Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...
loading time:  53089
Finished All...
Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
init_meta_mission complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
2537 parties added.
launch complete.
HERR_BUFFER_LOCK_FAILED!
HERR_BUFFER_LOCK_FAILED!

MEMORY ERROR!: InMemoryFileData: allocation failed!

Frame# : 141079
Saving options...  OK!
Exiting network manager...  OK!
Deleting resources...  OK!
Exiting physics manager...  OK!

num rt_material : <c: r  21 > / <c: y 72 >

Render Target Format Usages:
A8R8G8B8 :  34 ( 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  )
A8 :  37 ( 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  )
D16 :  3 ( 1 0 0  )
R16F :  1 ( 1  )

Dumping resource usage information:
#Full textures:  167
#RT textures:  75
#RT materials:  72
#RT Memory usage:  66304
Exiting graphics manager...  OK!

Current Config {
first_time : 0
texture_detail : 100
render_buffer_size : 256
max_framerate : 75
start_windowed : 0
use_pixel_shaders : 1
use_vertex_shaders : 1
fake_reflections : 1
show_framerate : 0
use_ondemand_textures : 1
use_ondemand_textures_mt : 0
disable_music : 0
disable_sound : 0
disable_frequency_variation : 0
cheat_mode : 1
enable_blood : 1
enable_edit_mode : 0
force_single_threading : 1
debug_mode : 0
display_width : 1440
display_height : 900
display_bits : 32
antialiasing : 0
sample_quality : 0
alpha2coverage : 0
force_vsync : 0
shadowmap_quality : 1
shader_quality : 0
postfx_dof : 0
postfx_hdr : 0
postfx_autoexp : 0
flora_degrade_distance : 100.000000
flora_lod_detail : 1
use_instancing : 0
use_secure_connection : 0
max_number_of_connections : 16
look_for_server_on_this_machine : 0
music_volume : 0.400000
sound_volume : 1.000000
mouse_sensitivity : 0.500000
invert_mouse : 0
enable_lighting : 1
enable_particles : 1
enable_blood : 1
enable_character_shadows : 1
enable_accurate_shadows : 1
number_of_corpses : 3
grass_density : 50
combat_speed : 2
friend_combat_difficulty : 1
adapter_format : 0
reduce_combat_ai : 1
reduce_campaign_ai : 1
combat_difficulty : 1
display_labels : 1
display_targeting_reticule : 1
display_attack_direction : 1
turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person : 2
verbose_damage : 1
verbose_shot_difficulty : 1
battle_size : 1.000000
attack_direction_control : 2
defend_direction_control : 0
lance_control : 0
anisotropic_filtering : 1
enable_environment_shadows : 1
verbose_casualties : 1
verbose_experience : 1
realistic_shadows_on_plants : 0
number_of_ragdolls : 0
gamma : 2.200000
character_detail : 0.500000
character_shadow_detail : 0.500000
control_mouse_movement_y_scale : 1.500000
blood_stains : 1
use_winmm_audio : 0
auto_gfx_quality : 0
}

Closing log file... 

Thats my rgl_log file, i seriously hope someone can help me... i posted another thread but it seems that one is sliding back..

Also, i have crashed from many errors as i fiddled with settings suggested throughout brytenwalda forum.. C++, postFX (?), RGL, low memory (i think i fixed that one), etc

edit: i completely reinstalled again and got a c++ error... i seem to only crash whenever the game has to load characters, (eg battle or talk to npc).. otherwise it seems ok.

Starting new log file.

-- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista  Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 2145MB/3070MB
-- CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (AuthenticAMD)
- Number of CPUs: 2 ( Speed: ~2210MHz / ~2210MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
- Texture Memory: 2286 ( Available Texture Memory: 2219 )

Processing Ini File {
Module_name =  Brytenwalda
Num Hints =  12
Setting Map Min X =  -178.012619
Setting Map Max X =  185.339508
Setting Map Min Y =  -232.722122
Setting Map Max Y =  197.089081
Setting armor_soak_factor_against_pierce =  0.450000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  0.800000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce =  0.250000
Setting armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt =  0.650000
Setting multiplayer_walk_enabled =  0
Setting mission_object_prune_time =  180
Scan Module Sounds =  1
Loading Resource  test
Loading Module Resource  textures_face_gen
Loading Resource  materials
Loading Module Resource  materials_face_gen
Loading Module Resource  meshes_face_gen
Loading Resource  food
Loading Resource  beards
Loading Module Resource  hair
Loading Resource  arena
Loading Resource  anim_b
Loading Module Resource  pictures
Loading Module Resource  user_interface_b
Loading Resource  doors
Loading Module Resource  op_terrain_borders_textures
Loading Module Resource  op_terrain_borders_materials
Loading Module Resource  op_terrain_borders
Loading Module Resource  op_terrain_borders_b
Loading Resource  dart
Loading Resource  rock
Loading Resource  ship
Loading Resource  tree_f
Loading Module Resource  animalesdecaza
Loading Module Resource  animals
Loading Module Resource  animals2
Loading Module Resource  otrositems
Loading Module Resource  arcosyflechas
Loading Module Resource  armadurasmedias
Loading Module Resource  armadurasmedias2
Loading Module Resource  armaduraspesadas
Loading Module Resource  armaduraspesadas2
Loading Module Resource  armaduraspesadas3
Loading Module Resource  armaduraspesadas4
Loading Module Resource  battlebanners
Loading Module Resource  botasycalzado
Loading Module Resource  capasycabeza
Loading Module Resource  capasycabeza2
Loading Module Resource  coronas
Loading Module Resource  hachas
Loading Module Resource  desnudos1
Loading Module Resource  desnudosypantalones
Loading Module Resource  escudos1
Loading Module Resource  escudos2
Loading Module Resource  escudos3
Loading Module Resource  escudos4
Loading Module Resource  escudos5
Loading Module Resource  espadas1
Loading Module Resource  sail
Loading Module Resource  espadas2
Loading Module Resource  espadas3
Loading Module Resource  gorros1
Loading Module Resource  std_banners
Loading Module Resource  std_banners_default
Loading Module Resource  std_flags_vertical
Loading Module Resource  gorros2
Loading Module Resource  seaxycuchillos
Loading Module Resource  iconos1
Loading Module Resource  lanzasyhastas
Loading Module Resource  Companions_Overview_mesh
Loading Module Resource  sceneprops1
Loading Module Resource  sceneprops2
Loading Module Resource  sceneprops3
Loading Module Resource  Tempered_mat
Loading Module Resource  Tempered_mesh
Overwritten module resource is ignored due to the module switching:  core_ui_meshes
Loading Module Resource  command_cursor
Loading Module Resource  tunicalarga
Loading Module Resource  tunicas1
Loading Module Resource  tunicas2
Loading Module Resource  tunicas3
Loading Module Resource  tunicas4
Loading Module Resource  tunicas5
Loading Module Resource  tunicas6
Loading Module Resource  tunicasyropavaria
Loading Module Resource  yelmos1
Loading Module Resource  yelmos2
Loading Module Resource  yelmos3
Loading Module Resource  vegetacion
Loading Module Resource  vestuariomujeres

Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
loading time:  59065
Finished All...
StoreStats - success
Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
761 parties added.
launch complete.
StoreStats - success

second attempt...

Well, I've read the posts, tried all the advice, and Brytenwalda still crashes every minute or 2. Different messages with the crashes, sometimes no message, sometimes crash means I have to log off. Absolutely unplayable. It crashes if I pause, crashes if I click on a menu, crashes if I leave a location. The problem with this is that I'm a history buff who REALLY wants to play this mod! Would be easier to just go play a different game, one that WORKS!

My setup is:
Phenom II X6 1090T
3.25GB usable RAM
Win 7 32 bit
Tried both GeForce GTX560 and ATI HD5850 overclocked

Played vanilla Warband for 200 hours no problems. System can play things like Witcher 2 on highest setting. Nothing wrong with my computer.

Things I tried doing to fix the crashes:

2 different graphics cards
Reverted ATI catalyst to 10.5
made sure latest mod version and latest Warband version
Followed all installation instructions, graphics setting instructions etc. etc.
Increased virtual memory
Using latest DirectX
Tried in DirectX 7 and DirectX9
Tried on absolute LOWEST graphics setting in game
Using game settings recommended on this forum
Unplugged the network cable
Re-installed

And apart from making the graphics look like gaming back in the 80's, NONE of those things made any difference. I can't even go to the next town without it crashing.

I've never spent so much time trying to get a game to work. Loads of top-notch games work great on my computer. If I can't get any working advice about making this mod work, I'm...... ugh.

So, I've read the posts, tried the 'fixes', and this mod is still broken.

Most recent log file is here

Starting new log file.

-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 2297MB/3328MB
-- CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (AuthenticAMD)
- Number of CPUs: 6 ( Speed: ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
- Texture Memory: 2400 ( Available Texture Memory: 2271 )

Processing Ini File {
Num Hints =  12
Scan Module Sounds =  1
Loading Resource  test
Loading Resource  food
Loading Resource  beards
Loading Resource  arena
Loading Resource  anim_b
Loading Resource  doors
Loading Resource  dart
Loading Resource  rock
Loading Resource  ship
Loading Resource  tree_f
Overwritten module resource is ignored due to the module switching:  core_ui_meshes

Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
loading time:  57515
Finished All...
StoreStats - success
StoreStats - success
Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
763 parties added.
launch complete.
HERR_BUFFER_LOCK_FAILED!

Rest of people play it, I dont think that mod is broken  :lol:

However, in this log you have this problem: HERR_BUFFER_LOCK_FAILED!

It could be a sound problem.

You can see solutions to this problem here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,166405.msg4034684.html#msg4034684

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147577.msg3554046.html#msg3554046

You can try too

You can look too
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113029.msg2728668.html#msg2728668

however, if you post your rgl_config.txt (in your documents \ warband folder), it can help us to meet problem.

OK Idibil, I'll try those posts. I understand it works for others, but you could imagine my supreme frustration at trying so many things to no avail.

rgl file as follows

first_time = 0

texture_detail = 100

render_buffer_size = 512

max_framerate = 60

start_windowed = 0

use_pixel_shaders = 1

use_vertex_shaders = 1

fake_reflections = 1

show_framerate = 0

use_ondemand_textures = 1

use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1

disable_music = 0

disable_sound = 0

disable_frequency_variation = 0

cheat_mode = 0

enable_blood = 1

enable_edit_mode = 0

force_single_threading = 0

debug_mode = 0

display_width = 1920

display_height = 1080

display_bits = 32

antialiasing = 0

sample_quality = 0

alpha2coverage = 0

force_vsync = 0

shadowmap_quality = 1

shader_quality = 2

postfx_dof = 0

postfx_hdr = 0

postfx_autoexp = 0

flora_degrade_distance = 100.0000

flora_lod_detail = 0

use_instancing = 0

use_secure_connection = 1

max_number_of_connections = 64

look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0

music_volume = 0.4000

sound_volume = 1.0000

mouse_sensitivity = 0.5000

invert_mouse = 1

enable_lighting = 1

enable_particles = 1

enable_blood = 1

enable_character_shadows = 1

enable_accurate_shadows = 1

number_of_corpses = 3

grass_density = 50

combat_speed = 2

friend_combat_difficulty = 2

adapter_format = 0

reduce_combat_ai = 2

reduce_campaign_ai = 2

combat_difficulty = 2

display_labels = 1

display_targeting_reticule = 1

display_attack_direction = 0

turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 2

verbose_damage = 1

verbose_shot_difficulty = 1

battle_size = 1.0000

attack_direction_control = 2

defend_direction_control = 0

lance_control = 0

anisotropic_filtering = 1

enable_environment_shadows = 1

verbose_casualties = 1

verbose_experience = 1

realistic_shadows_on_plants = 0

number_of_ragdolls = 3

gamma = 2.0034

character_detail = 0.5000

character_shadow_detail = 0.5000

control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000

blood_stains = 1

use_winmm_audio = 0

enable_version_check = 1

enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1

realistic_headshots = 0

auto_gfx_quality = 0

Thanks for trying to help

Oh, I should just ad:

That file is from when I just finished playing vanilla on high settings. Enjoying kicking Nord arse as the king. I tried ultra-low settings on Brytenwalda.

OK, to update you guys - I tried Brytenwalda again, doing all the things I've read and been told

Did in in low res, 16 bit graphics
Disabled sound and music (in case it was a sound problem)
Forced single threading
Lowest graphics settings
DirectX7
Put # in front of places on cfg file I read about following link from Idibil

And it still crashed after a minute or 2.

Ugh

rgl_config is here
first_time = 0

texture_detail = 10

render_buffer_size = 512

max_framerate = 60

start_windowed = 0

use_pixel_shaders = 0

use_vertex_shaders = 0

fake_reflections = 1

show_framerate = 0

use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1

disable_music = 1

disable_sound = 1

disable_frequency_variation = 1

cheat_mode = 0

enable_blood = 1

enable_edit_mode = 0

force_single_threading = 1

debug_mode = 0

display_width = 1360

display_height = 768

display_bits = 16

antialiasing = 0

sample_quality = 0

alpha2coverage = 0

force_vsync = 0

shadowmap_quality = 0

shader_quality = 2

postfx_dof = 0

postfx_hdr = 0

postfx_autoexp = 0

flora_degrade_distance = 100.0000

flora_lod_detail = 2

use_instancing = 0

use_secure_connection = 1

max_number_of_connections = 64

look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0

music_volume = 0.4000

sound_volume = 1.0000

mouse_sensitivity = 0.5000

invert_mouse = 1

enable_lighting = 1

enable_particles = 1

enable_blood = 1

enable_character_shadows = 1

enable_accurate_shadows = 1

number_of_corpses = 3

grass_density = 0

combat_speed = 2

friend_combat_difficulty = 1

adapter_format = 0

reduce_combat_ai = 2

reduce_campaign_ai = 2

combat_difficulty = 1

display_labels = 1

display_targeting_reticule = 1

display_attack_direction = 0

turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 2

verbose_damage = 1

verbose_shot_difficulty = 1

battle_size = 1.0000

attack_direction_control = 2

defend_direction_control = 0

lance_control = 0

anisotropic_filtering = 1

enable_environment_shadows = 1

verbose_casualties = 1

verbose_experience = 1

realistic_shadows_on_plants = 0

number_of_ragdolls = 3

gamma = 2.0034

character_detail = 0.0000

character_shadow_detail = 0.0000

control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000

blood_stains = 1

use_winmm_audio = 0

enable_version_check = 1

enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1

realistic_headshots = 0

auto_gfx_quality = 0

rgl_log is here
Starting new log file.

-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 2210MB/3328MB
- Number of CPUs: 6 ( Speed: ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz / ~3200MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
- Texture Memory: 2400 ( Available Texture Memory: 2287 )

Processing Ini File {
Num Hints =  12
Scan Module Sounds =  1
Loading Resource  test
Loading Resource  food
Loading Resource  beards
Loading Resource  arena
Loading Resource  anim_b
Loading Resource  doors
Loading Resource  dart
Loading Resource  rock
Loading Resource  ship
Loading Resource  tree_f

Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  unsupported
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
loading time:  60463
Finished All...
StoreStats - success
StoreStats - success
Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
763 parties added.
launch complete.

Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Starting checksum control... Performing checksum control... Savegame checksum control succeeded...
Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded...
StoreStats - success

Might have something to do with

I'm still trying, despite hours of frustration, because of a belief that this mod will be the best! Am I wrong? Am I trying in vain?

There's got to be some other issues. I'm running Win7 Ultimate 32 bit. Is that the problem?

Mm, it is difficult to say, but all seem that it could be some minor error in configuration.

Can you try this:

texture_detail = 50

render_buffer_size = 12

max_framerate = 120

use_pixel_shaders = 1

use_vertex_shaders = 1

fake_reflections = 1

use_ondemand_textures_mt = 0

disable_music = 0

disable_sound = 0

disable_frequency_variation = 1

enable_blood = 1

force_single_threading = 1

If this dont run, you can do a test. Disable music and sound and you try run mod, if it run, advise me.

G'day Idibil

OK, I tried those config settings you posted, and it crashed. Tried those settings with sound and music disabled, and it seemed a bit more stable - I played for about 3 minutes before it crashed. That could just be luck though.

Mostly it crashes when switching to a difference scene - i.e. leaving a battle, leaving a town, clicking on 'talk to elder' etc. Latest log file below:

Is it something to do with:
?
Anyway, from what I've read around the posts, I think I'm going to buy more RAM and see if that helps.

Thanks for trying.
Starting new log file.

-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 2167MB/3328MB

-- GPU:
- Texture Memory: 2400 ( Available Texture Memory: 2374 )

Processing Ini File {
Num Hints =  12
Scan Module Sounds =  1
Loading Resource  test
Loading Resource  food
Loading Resource  beards
Loading Resource  arena
Loading Resource  anim_b
Loading Resource  doors
Loading Resource  dart
Loading Resource  rock
Loading Resource  ship
Loading Resource  tree_f

Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
loading time:  35268
Finished All...
StoreStats - success
Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
769 parties added.
launch complete.

Saving Game... Creating new savegame file... Saving header... Saving game state... Closing new save game file... Starting checksum control... Performing checksum control... Savegame checksum control succeeded...
Backing up old file name... Removing old backup file. Renaming old savegame to backup file. Renaming new savegame file. Savegame succeded...
StoreStats - success
Loading tracks
load_map_data complete.
Init_map complete.
map mesh built.
get_ideal_sun_color.
get_ideal_fog_color.
776 parties added.
launch complete.

Hi again

Well, it's fixed. YAY!! I'm really loving it. Great improvement over original. Still don't know how to pronounce gaelic though....

One other thing. My character chose Celtic polytheism, and hangs around with the Picts, but they're all Christian. I thought way back then there'd have been much more pagans around.

Anyway, it works now with sound and high graphics because:

I re-formatted my hard drive
I put in 8Gig RAM
Installed Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Fresh install of Mount & Blade Warband
Fresh install of Brytenwalda

That's it. Works great. So much mucking around though, having back up all, reinstall windows etc. Happy to be wandering around in tartan and wode.

Adders said:
Hi again

Well, it's fixed. YAY!! I'm really loving it. Great improvement over original. Still don't know how to pronounce gaelic though....

One other thing. My character chose Celtic polytheism, and hangs around with the Picts, but they're all Christian. I thought way back then there'd have been much more pagans around.

Anyway, it works now with sound and high graphics because:

I re-formatted my hard drive
I put in 8Gig RAM
Installed Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Fresh install of Mount & Blade Warband
Fresh install of Brytenwalda

That's it. Works great. So much mucking around though, having back up all, reinstall windows etc. Happy to be wandering around in tartan and wode.

dam you really want to play this mod 0_0

Back
Top Bottom