If you don't get the Qualis gem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you reload? It's always a gamble whether the unique spawn leader will escape or not, or whether you get a Qualis gem as a reward from winning a Noldor tournament. I personally can't stand it when after a long and costly battle the unique spawn escapes and I am left with practically no reward. I always reload the savegame I made just before the battle and try again. I know sandbox games shouldn't be played that way, but I do it anyway.

Do you do this as well? I'm curious, if almost everyone plays this way it would perhaps make sense to not let the unique spawn leaders ever escape after battle.

On my first game: Yes, i loaded a lot
Now, on my fifth start (within a month^^): no, not for qualis gems. the only time i loadcheat is, when i used ctrl+space for fasttravel and run into an army :sad:

And the tournament.. i never won it :sad:
but i only had 5 trys in all my games^^

now im pretty good in kiting unique armys to the next Faction-Army (Sieged town) and let them do the most work. In my opinion you only need ~ 10 gems in a game, 9x skills 1x Own knighthoodorder. and you get the first two realy easy. I have my first 5 gems within the earlygame when i only travel from town to town and trade, build up minor faction relations, hire companions and build enterprises.
Spawnrate of uniques is also very high in this stage of the game - as i said - all i do is travel from town to town.. a lot of rumors :wink:

I only reload my games if I really need a Qualis Gem. Several times because I wanted to pump my AGI high enough to ride my Netherworld Charger and also because I desperately wanted to check out the new custom knighthood order.

I never reload won or lost Noldor tournaments. I know the Qualis Gems won from there are pretty rare, so I don't bother with it anymore.

In my current game, I'm a Ravenstern vassal and managed to befriend quite a few lords, including the king. He regularly offers me the position of marshall. Of course I abuse this privilege to easily get a bunch of lords on my side and hunt for unique spawns.

Usually, I hunt Wolfbode the Slayer, Warlord Zulkar or K'juda the Ravager near Poinsbruk. Then I just let autocalc do the work. Big losses for both sides... But hey, at least I get a chance to get my precious Gems. If one of the guys isn't caught, I just reload. It's not healthy for the Ravenstern army, but it balances things out a bit, because we own half the map already.

I have absolutely no remorse in reloading the game if i win such difficult and multi-rounds long battle and the game decide to not give me the reward for it because of some stupid random dice throw.

Or your could just rage, ctrl+~ and go to the cheatmenu and find the Qualis gem and buy it

Or you could hit the rumormill and wait for them to respawn :razz: Me personally I never reload if the Unique Spawn escapes. The prisoners and high quality loot I get from the fight more than makes up for the lost gem, especially if my companions need better equipment and I can't afford it. The rounds I make selling things (especially armor) nets me more enough to restock my troops and pay the wages and the prisoners give me enough toward my CMKHO's equipment to be useful.

As for Noldor tournaments I have won 3 qualis gems in 5 tourneys so far. I just got incredibly lucky with that but I wouldn't reload to try to get it.

I reload for one reason and one reason only: Camping to read a book and Eyegrim finds me ._. Me and my 10 companions never stood a chance

FieldMedic said:
because of some stupid random dice throw.

Exactly. A lottery does not make for rewarding gameplay in my opinion. I much prefer heavier challenges with a guaranteed reward than lighter challenges with a lottery at the end in which I'm more than likely to lose.

bishopbutters said:
I reload for one reason and one reason only: Camping to read a book and Eyegrim finds me ._. Me and my 10 companions never stood a chance

So what have we learned? Don't camp around spots where unique spawns are! :grin:

Arcanum said:
bishopbutters said:

So what have we learned? Don't camp around spots where unique spawns are! :grin:
Don't read books on a picnic, get into town if you want to be undisturbed.

I was camping at Sarleon (I wasn't aware your can progress in books by waiting in taverns at towns) and King Ulric drag the bastards right into my camp and rode away laughing his head off :sad:

I only reload when the AI cheat like a bastard...STOP STABBING THROUGH YOUR OWN GUYS DAMMIT! MAKES SNEAKING INTO TOWNS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE STILL!

But that's the games fault...not PoP's...

Maybe it's just good luck, but with prisoner management of 9, I haven't seen any spawns escape.  As for Noldor Tournaments, I've won more than 7 tournaments and I've never gotten a qualis gem or the fabled champion spirit horse.  The best I've ever gotten is a lordly noldor piece of armor which was nice.  The crappiest rewards were noldor helms.  I don't reload since it's unlikely I could win the tournament again.  It takes luck for me to win a noldor tournament, the right combination of weapons given to me and to my enemies, and earlier on, a decent team that doesn't leave me having to fight 1 vs. 3 which is impossible against Noldor. 

azxcvbnm321 said:
Maybe it's just good luck, but with prisoner management of 9, I haven't seen any spawns escape.  As for Noldor Tournaments, I've won more than 7 tournaments and I've never gotten a qualis gem or the fabled champion spirit horse.  The best I've ever gotten is a lordly noldor piece of armor which was nice.  The crappiest rewards were noldor helms.  I don't reload since it's unlikely I could win the tournament again.  It takes luck for me to win a noldor tournament, the right combination of weapons given to me and to my enemies, and earlier on, a decent team that doesn't leave me having to fight 1 vs. 3 which is impossible against Noldor.

You can control your team in tournaments....

bishopbutters said:
I was camping at Sarleon (I wasn't aware your can progress in books by waiting in taverns at towns) and King Ulric drag the bastards right into my camp and rode away laughing his head off :sad:

if it is any consolation, he probably held a feast in your honor

SOVWARgoesSACPOP said:
bishopbutters said:

if it is any consolation, he probably held a feast in your honor

He's just as bad as Harlaus the Fat of Swadia.

Back
Top Bottom