If TW releases features such as: criminal empire & naval system as DLC's will you purchase them?

Will you purchase the dlc's?

• Yes

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • **** off

Votes: 42 33.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

To be fair "space game" is not really a genre, its just a setting. You could make a visual novel or a walking simulator set in space, and they would appeal to completely different people than Star Citizen.

But at the same time, just making "warband in space" is not going to get people to fork out money. Even if you could find some in-universe justification for keeping as much of the warband formula as possible, you would lose most of what people play these games for, i.e. mounted melee combat and large land battles.

But at the same time, just making "warband in space" is not going to get people to fork out money. Even if you could find some in-universe justification for keeping as much of the warband formula as possible, you would lose most of what people play these games for, i.e. mounted melee combat and large land battles.
Have you also not played the Warband Star Wars mod? If I recall correctly, you could mount a hover bike and use a light saber just fine. Mounted Melee Combat, with projectile combat included and large land battles.

It would be a dream game for me.

It worked for Bannerlord, I am sure people will fork out money for the space game as well. But we digress from the topic that was talking about DLC, not a new game.

Have you also not played the Warband Star Wars mod? If I recall correctly, you could mount a hover bike and use a light saber just fine. Mounted Melee Combat, with projectile combat included and large land battles.
It worked as a gimmick in SP, since most of the effective combat was ranged and the "tactics" was to form lines and shoot at each other like in Empire Total War. You need much more than that (individual cover and advanced maneuvers) and it needs to be provided by the engine.
Otherwise it gets old and exploited very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom