If TW doesn't fix the XP bug by January, you should reconsider your steam review.

Users who are viewing this thread

You're probably aware of that bug already. It's been with us since beta 1.9.0 (4 months ago)

You will only get the XP & loot for the last phase of a battle.
Multi-phase battles typically happen when you have a reinforcement wave limit, or when troops rout (this happens regardless of your wave limit and battle size settings).
This bug can be as severe as only getting the XP & loot from the last 20 Vlandian Recruits you killed after a gruelling 1000 vs. 1000 battle, all because you let 2 dozen dudes get away in phase 1.
If you didn't know about this bug yet, I'm sorry for ruining the game for you.

Why am I focusing on this one bug? Three things mainly:

1. It breaks the main game loop of M&B. 80% of what you do in this game is fight, loot, and upgrade. By the endgame, most battles are going to be large battles that end with routs on one side, and therefore, a phase 2. If 80% of the game is just fundamentally bugged, the game isn't even release-worthy.
  2. It should be easy to fix. This is an easily reproducible bug that only touches on a small part of the game's behavior. What is taking so long?
  3. Personally makes the game unplayable for me, and I don't mean that as a hyperbole. I haven't touched the game since November. I'm gonna whine here so that you guys hopefully complain about it too. Strength in numbers, I guess.

By the time January ends, it'll be almost half a year of a major bug remaining unfixed, all while the game proudly calls itself "Released". Can you really recommend this game in good conscience if they keep treating it like this? I can't.

I have bad news for you, friend. There are much simpler bugs that have been in the game for over a year and they haven't fixed them. Visual things like the movement of the "light harness" reins or the sleeves of the "luxury brigandine" shirt which has a texture bug when interacting with gloves.

I have bad news for you, friend. There are much simpler bugs that have been in the game for over a year and they haven't fixed them. Visual things like the movement of the "light harness" reins or the sleeves of the "luxury brigandine" shirt which has a texture bug when interacting with gloves.
I don't doubt it. There's probably several hundred of those just floating around.

It's just that in this case, the severity of the bug, its simplicity, and how long it's gone unfixed is such a disastrous trifecta. It's actually ridiculous at this point.

Hey guys,
I personally already fixed this problem but since we included consoles to the patch process, we can not send fixes as fast as during the early access, since consoles require a certification process before every patch. I understand that there are bugs like this that breaks the game loop or just annoying but we need to prioritize crashes, sometimes it takes more time to fix easy bugs like this. This fix will be included to the next patch (not hotfix). I hope your experience with Bannerlord will be more enjoyable with the next patch. Please know that we are trying our best.

Hey guys,
I personally already fixed this problem but since we included consoles to the patch process, we can not send fixes as fast as during the early access, since consoles require a certification process before every patch. I understand that there are bugs like this that breaks the game loop or just annoying but we need to prioritize crashes, sometimes it takes more time to fix easy bugs like this. This fix will be included to the next patch (not hotfix). I hope your experience with Bannerlord will be more enjoyable with the next patch. Please know that we are trying our best.
thank you so much, I'm really excited to hear it's been fixed. waiting for the next patch. good job to all of you.

Hey @zeytinlikraker , I know that devs don't like to give a precise date for content, and I completely understand, but could you tell if we can expect a large mainline patch (something like 1.1) within January or February? Or are we still a ways off from having a part of features that were outlined in your post release plans?

Hey guys,
Remember to claim the biggest piece of the cake for fixing this one!!

Man, I reeeally want to believe™ that your response means that 1.1 is being uploaded to steam right now.
calm down my friend let the people work for the beta version to be stable hahahaha it has to come out at the right time, let's hope D: I'm also very anxious but, things must be done calmly.

Hey guys,
Could you tell me when you learned about this? I reported on this a while ago and I was curious if my report helped in development of the game.

Thank you for fixing this issue! It has also made the game unplayable for me.

Can you please clarify; is this in the current beta patch when it goes to live, or a future one? I couldn't find it in the notes.

I am keen to get back into the game, but not until this is fixed, it's just frustrating and annoying at the moment.

since we included consoles to the patch process, we can not send fixes as fast as during the early access, since consoles require a certification process before every patch
hah-classic.gif

Thank you for fixing this issue! It has also made the game unplayable for me.

Can you please clarify; is this in the current beta patch when it goes to live, or a future one? I couldn't find it in the notes.

I am keen to get back into the game, but not until this is fixed, it's just frustrating and annoying at the moment.
Hey, the fix for this issue is included with v1.1.0 (current Beta). It was missing from the patch notes but it has now been added in. Enjoy!

Hey, the fix for this issue is included with v1.1.0 (current Beta). It was missing from the patch notes but it has now been added in. Enjoy!
This is not true. i started my current campaign after 1.1.0 and this has NOT been fixed. i won a battle against 1450 with my 1200 army, and because it went to a second phase and i had died. only 3 troops got leveled up.

you guys really need dedicated bug testers. do you want me to appraise the game and do this for you at a reasonable fee? i dont mean to come off as a C-word but ive seen so many bugs and small things that arent even bugs, but annoyances that could be easily fixed without much changes in code, this could be a fun game but its really frustrating. simple things such as trade goods could always be at the top, elite tier troops could be towards the top of a list, castles could allow you to have more than 2-4 prisoners, maybe a town should have a few more dungeon spots than 30 why do NPC owned towns get more dungeon slots, why are my towns disloyal for so long even if i have a companion with high leadership/steward and the right culture? progression takes so long for a simple one player game thats essentially a more advanced game of risk.

Hey @zeytinlikraker , I know that devs don't like to give a precise date for content, and I completely understand, but could you tell if we can expect a large mainline patch (something like 1.1) within January or February? Or are we still a ways off from having a part of features that were outlined in your post release plans?
Its not that devs don't like giving info on that, but more like "if they were willing to share that info, they'd have done it already in a post of their own"

Its not that devs don't like giving info on that, but more like "if they were willing to share that info, they'd have done it already in a post of their own"
I think it's more like it is very hard to be accurate with this, so it is better to not promise anything.

You think a problem is easy to fix and take X days, and then you realise there are unexpected complications and it takes twice as long as you think. Then in testing they find that it causes a conflict with something else or it's not quite as polished and need re-working. Dev always takes longer than expected on complicated stuff like this game.

Back
Top Bottom