If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Some people play it more for MP, what a shocker. Cant u understand that? The mutliplayer can be so much more its insanely fun.

So then just wait it out. Obviously MP is not a priority. It is, first and foremost, whether you like it or not. A Single-player RPG. The MP, has always been just a tacked on item. It was never the full intention of the game.

Stomping your feet and having a tantrum going "I'm going to refund if you don't listen to my (single) demand!" Is childish, especially when there are something like 200,000 players a day who play Single player, and maybe 5,000 who play multiplayer.

Don't get me wrong, I've also told the kids crying "Fix this bug in Singleplayer or I'm Refunding!" It's early access and they need to deal with it, too.

I love multiplayer, but it's not priority. Getting the game working, and the features out is more important at this time, to the Taleworlds developers. Eventually, we will also have proper multiplayer updates, and not just crash fixes, and minor balance tweaks.

Making posts stomping about threatening to refund isn't going to get you heard in a good light, whether it be about single player, or multiplayer.

It will just get you laughed at.

Are you saying "you" as in me or you as in general? Im confused if you read my entire post or not
No Twezie, not "you" you. That's why I cut out the statement from Steam forums with (...). It was the statement that triggered me, not your comment.

MP has received minimal attention for months.
This only came out 2 weeks ago right?

They have had multiplayer Beta for almost 10 months now and a number of core problems exist (which were pointed out in the first week) that haven't been fixed, experimented with, or mentioned by the devs.

A 1v1 environment to test the combat system -- which is obviously necessary for testing combat -- has been totally ignored. The head developer stated that the new combat system would be good for duels, and in theory some players agree, but it can't even be tested.

To TW's credit, they have explicitly stated that things are incomplete,and if you wanna play the polished Bannerlord, you're probably better off buying it when it leaves Early Access.

You've been warned that the frying pan is hot, yet you've licked it and summoned the effort to be surprised.

To TW's credit, they have explicitly stated that things are incomplete,and if you wanna play the polished Bannerlord, you're probably better off buying it when it leaves Early Access.

You've been warned that the frying pan is hot, yet you've licked it and summoned the effort to be surprised.
yea yea okay but they really neglected it, like not even dueling servers are out yet.

Multiplayer? Yuck, No offense intended, but single player needs to be focused on right now by fixing bugs and adding content, multiplayer should be their secondary priority, but that's just like my opinion man.

Last edited:
ok bye then.

Seriously though the focus of this game is on single player mostly. You don't get to say how this game develops, or take it away from the original design to make something unrecognisable.

PSA: Singleplayer and Multiplayer are already balanced differently, stop ****ing worrying that if we make shields bigger so it doesn't become medieval counter strike that suddenly your legolas fantasy for singleplayer is useless.

I already grew tired and bored of the singleplayer after 2 or 3 campaigns, the combat is what keeps me going and there's no better place to test it than against other players because the AI isn't worth the skin off a ****.

They have had multiplayer Beta for almost 10 months now...
Wait a second, these guys play MP for ten month already?? I was able to enjoy SP for just two weeks, not more!!
Wouldn't it be fair to keep the complaints about multiplayer at bay until february '21?

No. Steam says less than 2 weeks AND less than 2 hours. so GL
Depending where you are in the world, for example, Australia. Our consumer laws say you are entitiled to a refund if the product does not meet the description of the product or if the product is faulty. We're actually the main reason why Steam has a refund policy now, our consumer and competition commission (runs through the high courts of Australia) dragged Steam into a legal battle over their failure to provide refunds to customers with faulty games.

Personally I have no issue with you wanting them to focus on releasing patches for the multiplayer as well as singleplayer.

But I think that most posters are jumping on you because of your comical threats. "if they don't fix MP I'll refund it!!". I highly doubt you'll refund it. And even if you did refund it, why would you care what happens to multiplayer unless you're just going to buy it back again.

It'll get fixed in the future but it's clear singleplayer is the priority right now and even that may take a good few months, perhaps even longer, to fully furbish it.

yea yea okay but they really neglected it, like not even dueling servers are out yet.

Then I understand where you're coming from, at least. I've only played since EA release and what was happening in the MP area for 10 months is beyond me.

It's unlikely that MP will receive much attention in the upcoming weeks due to the massive influx of singleplayer players (I have no numbers to back it up, but I'm safe to assume that most of those 100k players online everyday are playing the campaign). I'm choosing to believe that TW will adress MP as soon as all those SP guys stop threatening refunds over bugs in an early access game, hehe.

My advice - just play something else for a while if MP is unplayable. There's no need to poison your own Bannerlord experience, and it will get fixed eventually - TW might have their priorities a bit mixed up, but they sure as hell are competent.

It's ultimately your call, however.

@Silent_but_violent then I have a question for you.

What didn't you understand about early access?

The fact that they fix more single player problems could be that there often only have to be corrections to individual files. If there are problems in multiplayer, then they have to do a little more, and the patches have to be well thought out, because you would whine if your opponents were suddenly much stronger because of a small mistake.

So calm down and think of what the devs said from the start.

If you want a finished game, you should wait ...

Back
Top Bottom