If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

“Early Access” means come back in a year if anyone wants the full game. I’m mainly MP too but TBH the real meat of this game will come with mods and private servers. The first real complete mods won’t be out for at least 2 years. Sit tight.

The two main things we want are:
. . .
-a good balance between the three main classes (Infantry, Cavalry, and Archers - at least in MP currently, Archers and Cavalry are too strong)
Respectfully, this is exactly the kind of thing that if you balance it around MP, it messes up the SP experience. The SP game, which is the primary experience TaleWorlds is selling, is based on the idea of controlling an army of mixed forces in a variety of situations (mainly field battles and siege assaults, which are vastly different from one another). Individual pieces are not supposed to be "balanced" against one another in a 1v1 sense. Now, this is not to say, for example, that it wouldn't benefit everyone if infantry with spears were more effective against a cavalry charge. But it's simply not possible to balance units so that they all have a 50-50 chance of beating any other single unit in competitive e-sport fashion, without substantially altering the base design and intention of the game, i.e., the SP campaign.

Respectfully, this is exactly the kind of thing that if you balance it around MP, it messes up the SP experience. The SP game, which is the primary experience TaleWorlds is selling, is based on the idea of controlling an army of mixed forces in a variety of situations (mainly field battles and siege assaults, which are vastly different from one another). Individual pieces are not supposed to be "balanced" against one another in a 1v1 sense. Now, this is not to say, for example, that it wouldn't benefit everyone if infantry with spears were more effective against a cavalry charge. But it's simply not possible to balance units so that they all have a 50-50 chance of beating any other single unit in competitive e-sport fashion, without substantially altering the base design and intention of the game, i.e., the SP campaign.
SP and MP balance are not related to each other. Different unit stats and different gear. Fixing multiplayer balance issues will not impact SP at all. I agree that with the current base game design an actual balanced MP is near to impossible. Noone asks for that. Right now infantry is straight up useless in multiplayer.

I see your concern here. A lot of things can be done by changing the stats and items of the multiplayer classes though- this wouldn't affect SP at all. The only thing that I can see having an effect on SP right now would be the universally asked for nerf to couch lances (right now you can just chain up couch lances without a cooldown - we want a cooldown between uses and a maximum duration of an active couch lance. Warband had this too but I believe no maximum duration for couch lances in SP. So I believe even this could be done without having an effect on SP.)

This is exactly why PvP and PvE people are always at odds with one another.

Every time the PvP folks cry for a nerf, or a change, or whatever, they usually get what they complain about, and then it screws up the PvE game.

Seen it happen in every game where the PvE was the draw, and the PvP folks show up thinking they're the reason the game was made.

This is exactly why PvP and PvE people are always at odds with one another.

Every time the PvP folks cry for a nerf, or a change, or whatever, they usually get what they complain about, and then it screws up the PvE game.

Seen it happen in every game where the PvE was the draw, and the PvP folks show up thinking they're the reason the game was made.
Usually games have a different balance for PvE and PvP. Last game I was interested in was New World. Amazon previewed it as PvP game. During beta alot of morons signed up and cried about the game being PvP instead of PvE, so much that the game is now PvE focus. ?

lol, why is there always tribal mentality between PvP and PvE parts of a single game? Are you guys that lonely? There should be support from single player only fans to MP because MP is part of the same game. I don't go around saying we should take out SP even though I barely play it... I support SP too.

ATM there is basically 0 work going towards MP even with the many months in beta, there was basically 0 effort or focus. why do u want part of the game to die?
I didn't participate in the free MP beta but from what I've seen on the forums it seems like they deployed several updates.
Keep in mind that we are currently in a different situation though, with early access they sold the game to several million people, most of them are probably interested in SP. As long as there are game breaking issues (such as crashes and not working features) I'd say they should focus on that instead of some balancing issues in MP. Once the dust settles I fully support development time on all areas of the game but currently the campaign is rightfully the main focus in my opinion.

This thread is completely rediculous. For month they concentrated on the multiplayer, read the comments, tried things, made patch after patch, trying to get rid of all bugs and problems, so that people are satisfied. They had a closed beta almost solely for improving the multiplayer! I was taking part in the closed beta and I can tell you there was "a lot!" of things, which they had taken care of. For me the multiplayer is pretty good by now, especially compared to the singleplayer, which is basically unplayable. There are currently 5700 bug reports for the singleplayer and only 211, I think that makes clear, that the singleplayer obviously needs more attention right now. They will care about the fiew things in multiplayer when they have time for that.

This thread is completely rediculous. For month they concentrated on the multiplayer, read the comments, tried things, made patch after patch, trying to get rid of all bugs and problems, so that people are satisfied. They had a closed beta almost solely for improving the multiplayer! I was taking part in the closed beta and I can tell you there was "a lot!" of things, which they had taken care of. For me the multiplayer is pretty good by now, especially compared to the singleplayer, which is basically unplayable. There are currently 5700 bug reports for the singleplayer and only 211, I think that makes clear, that the singleplayer obviously needs more attention right now. They will care about the fiew things in multiplayer when they have time for that.
lol no
during beta they had most of their people working on singleplayer

SP and MP balance are not related to each other. Different unit stats and different gear. Fixing multiplayer balance issues will not impact SP at all. I agree that with the current base game design an actual balanced MP is near to impossible. Noone asks for that. Right now infantry is straight up useless in multiplayer.
I gotcha. If it's just a matter of tweaking stats that are different for MP than they are in SP, I don't think there's any problem there. A little skeptical that a fix would be that simple though.

They did not address much of the important concerns during beta, u can go to multiplayer forums and see for urself. Also, multiplayer has literally no effect on single player... they can be balanced and fixed differently. They are basically a different game.

Please refund. The moment multiplayer starts getting more attention than singleplayer while the game is in Early Access, is the exact moment I stop looking through these threads.

There is nothing serious to take care of in multiplayer, they did allmost all of this in the closed beta phase. They know that its mostly a sp game and they will concentrate on this anyways. The closed beta was there to improve the combat system and the multiplayer, the EA is for improving the singleplayer.

There is nothing serious to take care of in multiplayer, they did allmost all of this in the closed beta phase. They know that its mostly a sp game and they will concentrate on this anyways. The closed beta was there to improve the combat system and the multiplayer, the EA is for improving the singleplayer.
? you can literally glitch out of every map, every class can use every piece of gear at the same level because the atttribute points are not set properly, the combat parameters are bad so you poke with hits that shouldn't poke. masssive balance problems that should've been addressed when pointed out (months ago). Matchmaking system that doesn't force new players to play against veterans all the time.shields last forever thanks to directional shieldblocking, most shields give no protection against archers. Cavalry can spam 2xw and 2xs to get away from everything unpunished. Couched lance goes on forever and has no cooldown. Crashing into a wall as cav doesn't rear you up anymore. Spear rear up hitbox is too small. Infantry 1h does too low damage while archers do too much.
I can go on for another hour with this.
Half of this can be fixed in a couple of day if they actually worked on it.

? you can literally glitch out of every map, every class can use every piece of gear at the same level because the atttribute points are not set properly, the combat parameters are bad so you poke with hits that shouldn't poke. masssive balance problems that should've been addressed when pointed out (months ago). Matchmaking system that doesn't force new players to play against veterans all the time.shields last forever thanks to directional shieldblocking, most shields give no protection against archers. Cavalry can spam 2xw and 2xs to get away from everything unpunished. Couched lance goes on forever and has no cooldown. Crashing into a wall as cav doesn't rear you up anymore. Spear rear up hitbox is too small. Infantry 1h does too low damage while archers do too much.
I can go on for another hour with this.
Half of this can be fixed in a couple of day if they actually worked on it.

There are some balancing issues, like archers dealing too much demage and some problems with horses and couching but in my opinion these are minor things. Have you played singleplayer? Its so full of bugs and imbalances, its completly unplayable. The multiplayer is at least somewhat fun playable by now. I think you are able to see, that the singleplayer has way more, worse bugs and needs more attention now.

Back
Top Bottom