If the developers want me to play multiplayer so badly

Users who are viewing this thread

Zaver

Recruit
Then u need to fix the reason why I avoid the multiplayer

- The multiplayer community is too toxic, teaming on you in a deathmatch for using a shield, teamkilling you for no reason, calling you trash and bad, and vote kicking you for reason like riding a horse or using a shield or playing archer. Maybe in Bannerlord u can add a chat filter that bans people for saying toxic **** too many times, or a point system that makes it so you can't play if you go below a certain threshold.

- Its not fun. Theres no goal to work towards, no money to earn, no characters to level up, weapon to upgrade, since we all have a class based loadout now. And don't get me started on the ****ing glitches. People canceling the attack when the sword is touching you, then switching to stab to get you killed. Im at a age where I can't be bothered to sweat in online games anymore, I am not going to sink 14k hours to learn every single exploit to abuse mechanics to win over toxic 14 year old wannabe tough guys.

If you can fix these reason why I won't play multiplayer, then maybe I will try it out. But I doubt it, so either fix these issues that keep us from playing multiplayer, or stop driving the game into the wrong direction.

:neutral:

You alright there fella? I got a heartburn just reading this post.

Luckily there'll be a (something like elo-based?) matchmaking system in Bannerlord, so you'll find a more suitable level of match that way. Though come to think of it, I suppose deathmatch probably won't have that. We'll see.

They don't want you to play multiplayer badly all they want is for people to test it on a large scale that they don't need to with single player.

As for the toxic behavior it happens but not to the degree you suggest. People on smaller servers more consistently match the description but not always so play on a larger server or join a reg/clan.

Zaver said:
- The multiplayer community is too toxic, teaming on you in a deathmatch for using a shield, teamkilling you for no reason, calling you trash and bad, and vote kicking you for reason like riding a horse or using a shield or playing archer. Maybe in Bannerlord u can add a chat filter that bans people for saying toxic **** too many times, or a point system that makes it so you can't play if you go below a certain threshold.
1) Are you sure they are teaming on you ONLY because you are using a shield? You don't think there are other factors at play?
2) Can you name a single game that doesn't have players calling other players trash and bad?
3) The only times I've ever seen cav or archers get vote kicked out of a server, is if they're interrupting duels in very low pop servers. I've literally never seen a shield user get kicked out of a server for just using a shield in the 8 years I've been playing this game.
4) The game does have a player mute function if someone is getting on your nerves, or you could even mute everyone on the server if you don't want to read any dumb **** anyone could say at any point in time. But yea, an optional word filter wouldn't be a bad addition.

Zaver said:
- Its not fun. Theres no goal to work towards, no money to earn, no characters to level up, weapon to upgrade, since we all have a class based loadout now.
What are you suggesting? If I understand correctly, it sounds like you want the game to have a progression system where you earn money, level up, upgrade and strengthen your character permanently? You don't see how that would be counterproductive to your desire to not have to sweat against "14 year old wannabe tough guys" with "14k hours"? You'd be letting people that simply play the game more than anyone else, not only become superior in terms of actual gameplay experience, but they would have an additional advantage over you in terms of stats and equipment, making it even more difficult for you to beat them. If you're already having a hard time beating these kinds of players through skill, you're probably going to have an impossible time if they have considerable stat and equipment advantages over you as well. Snowballing is already a problem in this game in its own temporary forms. Introducing a permanent snowball effect that doesn't reset constantly sounds even worse to me. 

Even Mordhau knew that going that route would have been a terrible idea. That's why they gave every player free access to an armor set of all 3 tiers, and all armors within their respective tiers have the exact same stats, meaning there are no better armors for you to buy or upgrade stats-wise. The only thing you are buying with your earned in-game money are cosmetic upgrades. The only thing you don't have access to right off the bat are all the weapons... but you literally only need to play one or two matches in order to afford the most expensive weapons in the game to keep for all eternity. You literally only need to play the tutorial and you can immediately buy all 5 of the most expensive weapons in the game.

I actually prefer Mordhau's point based loadout system more than I do Warband's current class and faction based equipment system, mainly because Warband's system limits your access to equipment based on the class and faction you are playing, in addition to allowing good players to become even stronger with better equipment as they produce more kills, producing a snowball effect that makes killing good players even more difficult as a map progresses.

Giving people the same gameplay capabilities whether they have 1 or 10000 hours in a game is a good thing. A player that buys the game a few months, or even years after release shouldn't play at a disadvantage against people that have been playing the game since release for any reasons other than inevitable real game experience. Taking into consideration that same concept, but on a smaller scale in regards to warband, I think it's bad gameplay when you enter a battle server on the 4th round, and you start out with a 1K loadout while there may already be someone else on the server running around with a 3.5K loadout. That's one of the reasons why I didn't oppose Taleworlds' decision to go with preset loadouts as opposed to an equipment system where you can upgrade all your equipment as a match progresses. I still think the essence of Mordhau's equipment system is more desirable than both of these systems though.

If you are dead set on playing a game of that fashion though, there are multiplayer mods with their own audiences like CRPG or Mercs that allow you to build up a persistent character where you can control your character's stat distribution as well as play and earn money to purchase and equip better armors and weapons. But for reasons already stated, that's not my cup of tea, and I wouldn't be happy if Bannerlord's vanilla multiplayer took that route.

You'll find toxicity anywhere on the internet, you can't "fix" it. You either get tougher skin and start ignoring it, or you mute players annoying you which is always an option. Just because there wasn't a singleplayer beta announced so far it doesn't mean the developers want you to play multiplayer, you play whatever you prefer.

I think adding something to work towards is actually a good idea, as long as it doesn't have any effect on gameplay or balance. I'm a fan of cosmetic customization and would support that approach.

Gab-AG. said:
You'll find toxicity anywhere on the internet, you can't "fix" it. You either get tougher skin and start ignoring it, or you mute players annoying you which is always an option. Just because there wasn't a singleplayer beta announced so far it doesn't mean the developers want you to play multiplayer, you play whatever you prefer.

I think adding something to work towards is actually a good idea, as long as it doesn't have any effect on gameplay or balance. I'm a fan of cosmetic customization and would support that approach.

This.

Reading the replies here only proves how toxic the people who play multiplayer are. "Just ignore them". Ignoring a vote kick poll kicking people for playing archers or cavalry, muting teamkillers will fix teamkilling?

This is why I am never playing multiplayer

Zaver said:
Reading the replies here only proves how toxic the people who play multiplayer are. "Just ignore them". Ignoring a vote kick poll kicking people for playing archers or cavalry, muting teamkillers will fix teamkilling?

And nobody forces or beg you to play.

Zaver said:

That depends entirely on the server you're playing on. Some servers will have polls disabled, some enabled. Some servers will have teamkills enabled, and some won't. Some servers will ban after a certain amount of teamkills automatically, and some servers will have admins active online.

If you encounter these issues then switch server or host your own, and like said above, nobody forces you to play multiplayer. Stick to singleplayer if that's your cup of tea.

OP sounds like he/she shouldn't be bothering with multiplayer to be honest. Also I'm getting a strong wipe, that perhaps it isn't the servers and community that is the real problem =P

Overall.. If you're getting more annoyed and anger out of an aspect of play, than you are getting enjoyment... Then.. you know, play something that is fun and enjoyable instead.

If you want to give MP a real shot I'd recommend joining a clan. It's a better experience than going solo. You can join a non toxic group and work towards the goal of improving and playing competitions.

Back
Top Bottom