If new cultures were added into Bannerlord, what would you want their strengths/weaknesses to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are we really just ignoring an ancient Egypt inspired faction rn.. given some middle age armament,... would be super cool

Reasonable. I think pseudo-Indians and psuedo-Africans would be my first votes for new faction inspirations, as they'd add the most variety without stepping outside the bounds of plausibility. It's fiction, so Native American inspirations could be drawn, but it'd break the sort of pseudo-medieval vibe they've got going.

Yeah I know. Finding a good explanation why you would have Native Americans in Calradia, would be hard.
Maybe they came over to "Tropical Calradia" from some Western Continent and established an independent culture to all the others.

I would love more diversity in Design, Cultures and Landscape etc.

I would like to see a representation of the Chola Empire (1000-1200 AD India) It would have a swarm tactic of light infantry, bowman, calvary, but then have heavy war elephants to change things up form the other factions. As long as you can get the enemy on flat ground and keep the elephants alive you would be able to squash your opponents (there would have to be multiple archers on the back of the elephant for it to work.)
But your cheap light troops would be super squishy. Maybe one heavy armored infantry troop that would be a predecessor of the Rajput that would be very expensive. So you could get tons of cheap light units with a few kingpin heavy units that would take up most of your income.

Also the Chola Empire would have be be broken up in two parts (just like the real empire) so you would have to travel by sea to the other part of the kingdom that would be a hassle to the faction but yet a barrier as well in a time of war. Maybe throw a resistance faction on one side to spice things up. I just think that it would add the one culture that is relatively close that has gotten no love for in the game yet.

I personally feel there needs to be more of a naval presence. Whether that's specific ship types/styles for each existing faction or a new faction. There should also be river boats (and more rivers), again, in my humble opinion.

TLDR: MORE SHIPS!

I like this line of thinking. For me...

Good calls. Me... I'd give Japan a little in bows as well. Basically I'd give them good elite archers and (relatively) strong mid-tier polearms, if it were me.

If I were to throw China in, I'd go for cheaper troops that aren't as individually strong as those of other factions at the same tier, to emphasize wielding numbers efficiently. Strong trade and administration focus as well.

The rest of these look like about what I'd do.
Where did you get the idea that China had weak troops? Just curious because Chinese army throughout most of history could crush any other contemporary army(Japan/Indian/Turks/Europe/Middle east/Africa).

I personally feel there needs to be more of a naval presence. Whether that's specific ship types/styles for each existing faction or a new faction. There should also be river boats (and more rivers), again, in my humble opinion.

TLDR: MORE SHIPS!
Naval Warfare is planned for DLC apparently.

q4fyUlg.png

I think I have pinned down the time period that Bannerlord is roughly based off. These cultures and their placements are very similar. Based off of this and following the lore we could see a Visigoth inspired faction in the South-West, A Saharan African tribe, or many divided tribes in the South, More Hungary/Poland/Russia inspired faction in the East, an India inspired faction in the South-East, and of course, Nords in the North.

A lot of you are suggesting factions or cultures that are already represented in the game.

q4fyUlg.png

I think I have pinned down the time period that Bannerlord is roughly based off. These cultures and their placements are very similar. Based off of this and following the lore we could see a Visigoth inspired faction in the South-West, A Saharan African tribe, or many divided tribes in the South, More Hungary/Poland/Russia inspired faction in the East, an India inspired faction in the South-East, and of course, Nords in the North.

A lot of you are suggesting factions or cultures that are already represented in the game.

Aserai are more Arabic than Persian.

I would like knights hospitaller type knighthood, having a cause and spiritual lore behind them, also allowing rare items with quests/events/conquest.
few trade republics of 'clans' in both economical and political way. A competition like Genoa/Venice/Hansetic League, and some quests. This would be best with a navy DLC. If there is a sea trade, then there are also corsairs!

You mean the Peninsula of Saudi Arabia which is made up of smaller kingdoms that are vassals of the Persians?

Mamluk's are Egyptian/Arab, Farisa is Arabic, Ghazi is Arabic.

The fact that the Sassanids had VASSALS in a small part of Saudi Arabia has nothing to do with anything. If you really want to use The Sassanids and their 4 vassals as evidence that the Sassanids are Arabic, then let's bear in mind that the war in which that image was pulled from was one that immediately precdeded the Sassanids (A Zoroastrian people) getting conquered by the Arabian Caliphate (a Muslim people). Mahra, Yeman, and Lakhmids were not Muslim either.

You may as well argue England needs Indian War Elephants in a WWI game.

If the argument is, "we don't need another Middle Eastern faction in the game," then fine, but to suggest that The Aserai are representative of Persia is flat out wrong.

Of all the options, only the Aztecs have a unique culture , unusual color and state structure, they should be first of all.
Clearly you haven't studied India mate. Besides if Bannerlord is set in the historical timeline 1000 ad- 1100 ad then the Aztecs are 300 ish years down the line, so definitely Mayan is possible but not the Aztecs. But then again its a game and we shouldn't get too worked up about it.
1200px-North_Gateway_-_Rear_Side_-_Stupa_1_-_Sanchi_Hill_2013-02-21_4480-4481.JPG
main-qimg-2b1b501d2f180259524fb2664fbb6f21
main-qimg-02cef16321ee06da2be17d33a88662b7
main-qimg-4a68ecb70685df867f9f15daedc8981a

Back
Top Bottom