If modern day religions implemented in Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd be happy with just the pantheon of classical mythology even if only to build temples and have priests and priestesses.
Pagan religions? With human sacrifices? It is funny how those old religions are romanticized while new one are blamed.
People, religions are only reflection of human nature. Religions never did anything wrong, prople in their name did.

I just think real world religions is not the place for fantasy game... Some are religious, other aren't.. People are sensitive on this kind of things, so I just preposed a few mechanics they could impose so game would be more tied up, nothing more. That's why excluded crusades and such.
If they want religion then just add some greco-roman for empire and make something up new... like that Embers of Flame cult thing

I just meant applying feelings about stuff like that irl to your experience of a game. But I don't wanna have that sort of discussion on here lol
giphy.gif

Pagan religions? With human sacrifices? It is funny how those old religions are romanticized while new one are blamed.
People, religions are only reflection of human nature. Religions never did anything wrong, prople in their name did.
For the record human sacrifices were almost always considered totally abhorrent to the Greeks and Romans (though exposure of infants was commonplace).

But I only meant that nobody is seriously devoted to those ancient cults today so I imagine nobody would be offended by their being used as inspiration for something in the game.

For the record human sacrifices were almost always considered totally abhorrent to the Greeks and Romans (though exposure of infants was commonplace).

But I only meant that nobody is seriously devoted to those ancient cults today so I imagine nobody would be offended by their being used as inspiration for something in the game.
That's wrong, there is tons of religious people today following ancient pagan cults/religions, there are Celtic, Norse, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Slavic pagans and many others, also Zoroastrians and a lot of other cults/religions that lost prominence to the Abrahamic faiths but are still alive and well today.

Really? There are tons of people who pray to Zeus and Athena? Jupiter and Minerva?!

By the gods!!! I want to meet these people soooo badly!

I myself hardly doubt the One god thing... but, i also keep my skeptism on other gods... The only one I hold dear and precious is Goddess Fortuna, but be aware she's a jealous mistress

To me God or the Gods, are nothing more that the Energy that changes the Universe

Really? There are tons of people who pray to Zeus and Athena? Jupiter and Minerva?!

By the gods!!! I want to meet these people soooo badly!

Don't know where you live but in the Americas in general + Europe there are lots of local pagan covens, kindreds, cults etc and these people take their religion as serious as any devote christian, jew or muslim.

They range from modern-age Wiccans that mix lots of different religious traditions to their personal cults to reconstructionists that try to rebuild and follow their faiths as closely as possible to how the ancients did it basing their theology around written records, archeology etc

Usually you can find many modern pagans in reinfairs/sca/reenactment events and others since there is a bit of overlap in the communities (that doesn't mean the only pagans out there are the ones who like to dress up and reenact the past, tons of "everyday normal people" everywhere too)

Last edited:
Priple will always believe in something because they just do. Then they will make mistakes then they will invent new fresh religion or start believing into old religions because they are not corrupted or "bad" as current ones.
And that s**t never ends.

So some of you guys are not even cool with seeing fake religions only loosely inspired by real world beliefs? I find that genuinely weird.

I wouldn't mind loosely based kinda like the factions but not being too straight up either
That's how i think it would be better too, take the Elder Scrolls series for example, religion plays a big role in there and you got lots of cool religious works, quests and lore bits where you can see how they are based on real-world religions but still original with their own twists and all, it really gives more depth to the series and the community loves to discuss everything from theology, metaphysics and etc about that world(s).

It helps alot that the guy who was in charge of the lore for many years and still works as consultant for Bethesda from time to time was formed in comparative religion and his works in the TES series drawn heavily from eastern/indian/asian religions.

That's how i think it would be better too, take the Elder Scrolls series for example, religion plays a big role in there and you got lots of cool religious works, quests and lore bits where you can see how they are based on real-world religions but still original with their own twists and all, it really gives more depth to the series and the community loves to discuss everything from theology, metaphysics and etc about that world(s).
Definitely agree.

It helps alot that the guy who was in charge of the lore for many years and still works as consultant for Bethesda from time to time was formed in comparative religion and his works in the TES series drawn heavily from eastern/indian/asian religions.
I agree

yes

Back
Top Bottom