Northern Empire: Christian Orthodoxy

Khuzait Khanate: Tengrism

Aserai Sultanate: Islam

Kingdom of Sturgia:
Sturgian Nobles: Nordic Paganism
Sturgian Commoners: Christian Orthodoxy

Kingdom of Battania: Insular Christianity

Kingdom of Vlandia: Christian Catholicism

Edit and Explanation: Guys, I didn't expect this post to draw so many attentions. Things have been misunderstood because I didn't express myself well. Firstly, I asked this with a simple logic as you see in the title "If Calradians adopt real world beliefs, which one would they adopt?" and I appointed them real life religions BUT this doesn't mean I want real world religions to be on Bannerlord. I'd love to have religion perk in this game but not real world religions. I'd rather have fictious versions of these religions.

To the People Who's Against Religion Perk in Bannerlord: Believe it or not, religion was wide, dominant and influential in ancient times. TaleWorlds didn't add religion to Warband and what happened? In Persistent Kingdoms' Role Play servers they made up a God named "Maker" and people loved roleplaying as religious and heretics both. Lack of religion and a god is a huge void in this game. When you talk to NPC's they always speak like "Heavens protect us, heavens bless us." If there is no religion and god, there's no heaven. There should be fictious religions for each culture.

Last edited:
Since Islam was born in the 7th century and this game somewhat mirrors the state of our world in the 11th century, why do you have the Aserai as pagans (I would at least go for Zoroastrianism)? I say they could be a medley of Islam (Sunni and Shia distinctions could be ignored for the game) and Coptic Christianity.

Also, if you go with the understanding that Battania is modeled after the British Isle celtics and not the Balkan Celtics, it would make more sense for them to be Insular Christians.

Vlandia makes sense as Catholic, but the whole Empire should be Orthodox.

Sturgia would be a toss up between Suomenusko and Orthodox Christian (I think).

I agree on the Khuzait though, since Tengrism is a very broad net of religious practices.

Last edited:
Since Islam was born in the 7th century and this game somewhat mirrors the state of our world in the 11th century, why do you have the Aserai as pagans (I would at least go for Zoroastrianism)? I say they could be a medley of Islam (Sunni and Shia distinctions could be ignored for the game) and Coptic Christianity.

Also, if you go with the understanding that Battania is modeled after the British Isle celtics and not the Balkan Celtics, it would make more sense for them to be Insular Christians.

Vlandia makes sense as Catholic, but the whole Empire should be Orthodox.

Sturgia would be a toss up between Suomenusko and Orthodox Christian (I think).

I agree on the Khuzait though, since Tengrism is a very broad net of religious practices.

I've considered everything you said and made some changes but I had to divide Sturgian nobles and commoners because Sturgia is based on Kievan Rus.

Do you suggest the factions have these actual religions or fictitious religions based on these real life beliefs?
If real life religions implemented in Calradia. Of course the factions doesn't have these religions but if TW ads religion to the game it could be smiliar to this.

If real life religions implemented in Calradia. Of course the factions doesn't have these religions but if TW ads religion to the game it could be smiliar to this.
Hmmm. Personally, I'd like to see fictitious religions - even if they are based on real ones - just for the sake of more artistic latitude...
But religion in any form, I think, would be better for immersion/role playing purposes.

It is good to want to draw parallelisms, however, with the implementation of "religions", what kind of tangible mechanics would become of it? Can anyone elaborate about this?

It is good to want to draw parallelisms, however, with the implementation of "religions", what kind of tangible mechanics would become of it? Can anyone elaborate about this?

I could think of some, although is a Copy of other games:
  1. Marriages prohibitions: Outside the Realm you can't married to another Religion that goes against yours ( Cristians can marry Christians, Insular and Nicene); Tengrism/Islam can marry only among themselves ( 3 wifes, 2 official and one concubine); Paganism along among themselves (1 official and 1 concubine)
  2. Inside Kingdoms: Can marry any faith or not - this could be option to player to allow/disallow
  3. Convert Settlements: Clan of different culture and/ religion could convert settlements of different religion and culture, which could drastically reduce loyalty and stability on the region... in this Case bandits hideouts, criminality and rebellions would be more common.
I'm not placing Crusades as a feature, not because I don't like it... But, because it would look too much of Total War: Medieval 2 and Crusader Kings franchise

Last edited:
I would just prefer to not have religion in my fictitious game, even though religion it self is fictitious......
This is TaleWorlds forum not your blog. You can share your opinions on theology on somewhere else. Bannerlord is based on Medieval Age and everyone had a belief or religion in that time and I'm sure they will add a belief system after early access.

This is TaleWorlds forum not your blog. You can share your opinions on theology on somewhere else. Bannerlord is based on Medieval Age and everyone had a belief or religion in that time and I'm sure they will add a belief system after early access.

Chill, man... I get what @jak1up is saying, myself in real am not that fan of religion as well, but in game i don't care much... It's just to represent something, not to convert anyone in real life.

I'd love have a system like that, if and only if was well planned and worked without being mandatory too use it.

Don't get bent out of shape, you started a post on religion in a game and I just added my opinion... I did not try to offend anyone...

I would just prefer to not have religion in my fictitious game, even though religion it self is fictitious......

In every fictious universe, there is a religion or belief. In Game of Thrones, there is Seven faith and the Old Gods. Then don't watch Game of Thrones because you don't want religion in your series. Religion is like a part of puzzle, without it puzzle is incomplete.

Out of context, I'm an atheist myself but you're offending religious people by saying "Religion itself is fictious" that is not respectful, not in any way.

In every fictious universe, there is a religion or belief. In Game of Thrones, there is Seven faith and the Old Gods. Then don't watch Game of Thrones because you don't want religion in your series. Religion is like a part of puzzle, without it puzzle is incomplete.

Out of context, I'm an atheist myself but you're offending religious people by saying "Religion itself is fictious" that is not respectful, not in any way.
Ok... again, nice talking to you have a nice day.........

Back
Top Bottom