SP - General If I'm the king, I want to look like the king (suggestions)

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, I am missing more of civilian outfits. Especially as a vassal for a kingdom or king of my own kingdom, I would like more noble clothing. And a crown. It looks totally ridiculous to walk among my fiefs and men with a leather cap on my head. I'm the king goddamnit!

Also, why can't horse armour be equipped as a civilian? I want to travel into fiefs on my horse. It's faster. And Warband let you do it.

Another point to be made: in the keeps of fiefs I own, there are bad tier troops standing guard. Like.. why can't the highest tier troops stand guard in the keep? Naturally, the lords and kings want the best protection in their keep.

It would also be fun to have NPC-high-tier-guards walking with you when in fiefs, just to establish that dominance even further. (In the same way that one of your companions is following you around, just even more guards)
In general, just put more guards throughout fiefs, it looks awesome. Maybe even make it work with security in the town. The higher security, the more guards and higher tier.

Furthermore, it seems like alliances are broken. Aserai made an alliance with my kingdom, yet when pressing K to view diplomacy, it said that we were at war.
As well as clans you have a good relation to (70 and above) and have made an alliance with through marriage. Why doesn't its change anything when the faction goes to war with me? I guess the lords have to listen to their king, yet it doesn't make sense that the chief of the clan where I'm married to their mother, creates an army and attacks one of my towns. The alliance between our families doesn't mean much then.

Another thing that irritates me is that lords won't listen to my attempt at persuading them to join my lead while they're in an army. Can you please make it easier to see which lords are in an army and not? After the fifth attempt, I'm pretty tired of trying to talk to the lord I want to persuade when he always seems to be in an army..

I am currently using a mod called Diplomacy Fixes (https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2129?tab=files&file_id=12551) which gives me an option to send a message to every lord in the game through the encyclopedia. Love it, its so much better than having to run through the whole map in the search of a lord or lady. Please review the mod and take some notes.

Last edited:
I should also be able to speak with prisoners taken by me or vassals of my kingdom. Especially when they are put in dungeons of fiefs I own. Once more, I'm the king. (By "speak with" I mean like a conversation if they were not prisoners. F.ex. persuade them to join my kingdom, make an alliance through a marriage etc.)
On that note, I should also be able to free prisoners as I see fit, either from dungeons or my person.

One thing I miss from the SP on Warband is the mission to try to break someone out of the dungeon.
Another thing I miss is to be able to agree or disagree when a ransom for a prisoner is raised.
And as long as I got more troops than prisoners, they should not be able to escape captivity..

I always wondered why there were no Royal civilian outfits. A UNIQUE crown for each king/leader while they aren't in their combat outfits would go a long way to establish their roles in the society, and would do wonders for immersion.

I always wondered why there were no Royal civilian outfits. A UNIQUE crown for each king/leader while they aren't in their combat outfits would go a long way to establish their roles in the society, and would do wonders for immersion.
Exactly, my good man!

If I was the artist of this game I would love making crowns and royal outfits, why the hell they don't do this yet? I mean, I understand walls are necessary but isn't royal outfits key to immersion?

If I was the artist of this game I would love making crowns and royal outfits, why the hell they don't do this yet? I mean, I understand walls are necessary but isn't royal outfits key to immersion?
There is an imperial crown in the game but you can only obtain it by using cheat. My guess is that it's linked to the main quest, perhaps a reward you get for completing the quest? IDK.

My suggestion for crowns goes like this...When you create your kingdom, a crown will automatically appear in the stash, in a town you own. Crowns are such a no brainer and easy win. Receiving a crown would also be a nice incentive for players to start their own kingdom. A sceptre, cape/robe would be nice too

main-qimg-e2e1955f38a2bfd51ba6c0c7023b233a
King_Henry_I_of_England.jpg
0*tcmr-aMPyP5jZhU2.jpg
ec03d8825f9f72493e30e1a3d9ac1d0f.jpg

The historical accuracy and compatibility with the game might be questionable but crowns probably won't look too out of place in the game regardless of when it was from anyway. It's not like we're adding guns or artilleries here, lets be honest.

Imagine your character having a big beard and a crown? yeah id love to see it.

Last edited:
There is an imperial crown in the game but you can only obtain it by using cheat. My guess is that it's linked to the main quest, perhaps a reward you get for completing the quest? IDK.

My suggestion for crowns goes like this...When you create your kingdom, a crown will automatically appear in the stash, in a town you own. Crowns are such a no brainer and easy win. Receiving a crown would also be a nice incentive for players to start their own kingdom. A sceptre, cape/robe would be nice too

0*tcmr-aMPyP5jZhU2.jpg

The historical accuracy and compatibility with the game might be questionable but crowns probably won't look too out of place in the game regardless of when it was from anyway. It's not like we're adding guns or artilleries here, lets be honest.

They all look majestic man, especially the last one. I would throw the historical accuracy to the window if they allowed me to look like that. Maybe accompany this King update with some damn dialogs that makes people treat you like you're a king and then I'm sold

They all look majestic man, especially the last one. I would throw the historical accuracy to the window if they allowed me to look like that. Maybe accompany this King update with some damn dialogs that makes people treat you like you're a king and then I'm sold
The second one would be an awesome look for a Valandian king. I agree, I always start my own kingdom on every save and currently, it doesn't feel like my character is a powerful guy, we definitely need more royal civilian clothing and appropriate dialogs.

It would also be great is if we had titles next to our name. High king, King, emperor, grand prince etc.

Welp, we might have to wait for mods for this one. I'm just disappointed that something so simple hasn't been included in the game already. Maybe they are working on tying crowns to a game mechanic we don't yet know about? who knows?

Last edited:
The second one would be an awesome look for a Valandian king. I agree, I always start my own kingdom on every save and currently, it doesn't feel like my character is a powerful guy, we definitely need more royal civilian clothing and appropriate dialogs.

It would also be great is if we had titles next to our name. High king, King, emperor, grand prince etc.

Welp, we might have to wait for mods for this one. I'm just disappointed that something so simple hasn't been included in the game already. Maybe they are working on tying crowns to a game mechanic we don't yet know about? who knows?
Is this a reference to the banners? Lol. We spent so much time on these forums, I don't understand why they can't come crystal clear on these things

Is this a reference to the banners? Lol. We spent so much time on these forums, I don't understand why they can't come crystal clear on these things
Yeah, who really knows though. Crowns are such an easy win but I don't think they're working on this or if it's even on their radar, based on what they have said regarding their priorities.

From what they have said about the banners we now definitively know that anything that's purely aesthetics and doesn't affect gameplay is near the bottom of their priority list and guess what, crowns are just for aesthetics and don't affect gameplay.

Gosh, I didn't even play Bannerlord this week, for the first time since I bought the game. You probably don't care about this. I love this game just as much as anyone but even I'm quickly starting to lose interest. There's so many cool easy win community suggestions like crowns and yet the game is still empty and boring. And worse of all, TW hasn't mentioned any cool upcoming features. Apologies for the little rant there.

Soon, I guess =(

giphy.gif

0*tcmr-aMPyP5jZhU2.jpg

Oh my! Yes! Why stop at A crown? When starting a kingdom I think you should get a choice of crowns (it would be nice to forge your own (or have a custom one forged) but I heard that forging/making armor/clothing wasn't doable).

Why not get a choice of pre-made crowns that have different styles (maybe there could be something like the banner screen where you can select your crown much the same way you selected your banner icon)?

I refuse to call that screen a "banner editor" for that would be an insult to "editors" everywhere!

Oh my! Yes! Why stop at A crown? When starting a kingdom I think you should get a choice of crowns (it would be nice to forge your own (or have a custom one forged) but I heard that forging/making armor/clothing wasn't doable).

Why not get a choice of pre-made crowns that have different styles (maybe there could be something like the banner screen where you can select your crown much the same way you selected your banner icon)?

I refuse to call that screen a "banner editor" for that would be an insult to "editors" everywhere!
giphy.gif

Yes!!

My expectations are so low that I didn't even think about having more than 2 crowns to choose from when you make your kingdom.

God, absolutely, if you can customise your banner then why can't you customise your crown?

Ok, here's one to top it off. A coronation cutscene or even just a coronation artwork after you make your kingdom. Boom.
Charles-vii-courronement-_Panth%C3%A9on_III.jpg
the_king_chalamet-e1572880663325.jpg

coronationofogodei1229.jpe
Eng5.jpg

341569b95115a51e9d48bcdd315a2122.jpg
Paris_psaulter_gr139_fol6v.jpg

Currently, after you create your kingdom and press ok, nothing happens and the action of creating your kingdom does not feel important. Adding a cutscene or an artwork accompanied by a sound effect would be sweet.

Creating a kingdom is what players work for and look forward to. We need some sort of a pay off for the work you put in to create your own kingdom and what better way to reward the player by giving them a crown and celebrating that moment with a cut scene or an artwork with a sound effect.

Modders, we need you.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yes!!

My expectations are so low that I didn't even think about having more than 2 crowns to choose from when you make your kingdom.

God, absolutely, if you can customise your banner then why can't you customise your crown?

Ok, here's one to top it off. A coronation cutscene or even just a coronation artwork after you make your kingdom. Boom.
Charles-vii-courronement-_Panth%C3%A9on_III.jpg
the_king_chalamet-e1572880663325.jpg

coronationofogodei1229.jpe
Eng5.jpg

341569b95115a51e9d48bcdd315a2122.jpg
Paris_psaulter_gr139_fol6v.jpg

Currently, after you create your kingdom and press ok, nothing happens and the action of creating your kingdom does not feel important. Adding a cutscene or an artwork accompanied by a sound effect would be sweet.

Modders, we need you.
Bruh, and same thing happens with marriage. You marry a woman even if you're in the other side of the world and you just get a tiny notification, that was so lame and disappointing. As for getting coronated, it would be awesome, but maybe you would need to get a town and some vassals until you're finally coronated. Maybe we should do a suggestion for these important moments having it's own scenes

Bruh, and same thing happens with marriage. You marry a woman even if you're in the other side of the world and you just get a tiny notification, that was so lame and disappointing. As for getting coronated, it would be awesome, but maybe you would need to get a town and some vassals until you're finally coronated. Maybe we should do a suggestion for these important moments having it's own scenes
Yes, absolutely. You do need to meet certain requirements to be able to create your kingdom, that includes owning one town. My build on your suggestion is that a player should only be able to create a kingdom if they are in their town.

That leads me to my next suggestion which goes like this...Another criteria to create your kingdom is to have a crown, when you reach clan level 4, you'll unlock the ability to speak to your town's blacksmith to commission a crown in the style of your kingdom's culture (You'll need to pay them some denariiis of course). The crown will take a certain amount of time to be made and once its made it goes into your town's stash.

There are some really awesome suggestions on this thread and I hope the devs sees them, but I'm not really sure if they even look at the suggestions section if I'm being honest, so all this is probably just wasted time and energy. Ohh well.

Last edited:
I love your ideas! This game could become so much more, and all the little details will make the bigger picture seem even grander. E.g doing something more out of making a kingdom or getting married.

As stated in my original post, I think there is not really much to becoming a king. You get a kingdom, here you go. You can persuade lords to join your lead, yes sir. You can siege and overthrow castles and towns, you're very welcome. Other than that, the mechanics don't really do anything else. That is the game. Taking over fiefs and bury lords.

What about bringing back the mechanic from Warband where you can make on of your towns the capital. When done, other factions will try to siege it more often than other fiefs. (Yet not so much that you barely can move two feet before army after army sieges the capital). This will ultimately mean that you need to have a greater garrison in this town.

While on that idea, why not make it so that you have to take care of your own fiefs, otherwise the people living in it will start to dislike you and then try to rebel against you. I'm imagining all of the militia going against the garrison and even the lords or nobles that still favours you.
Even criteria can be set by the militia, or if your nobles sense a rebellion, they will let you know. In these cases, you as the lord of the fief has to decide whether to trade/persuade a deal with the people of the town or just set an example by attacking/killing/imprisoning/torturing them, or even get the option to set more guard of the garrison out in the streets to show power.

This brings me to yet another idea. Why not have more options when managing garrison and prisoners in fiefs? E.g being able to decide how many troops are to stay out in the streets or in the keep (that will affect security and/or charm and likeability. e.g more in the keep, less in the streets will harm security and likeability), and which prisoners are to be put in a pillory out in the streets. Some nobles might find it disturbing and starting to dislike you.
(Reference to the nobles in Kings Landing that betray King Joffrey when he beheads Ned Stark and in general being a stupid c**t. e.g Littlefinger and Varys, Sir Bastien and The Hound)

On the other hand, when a clan is about to leave your kingdom, you should get notice beforehand. Maybe even be put in contact with the lord or lady of the clan that say they want to leave the kingdom. Then you can decide to try and persuade them to not leave, or just kill them. If you kill them and do this continuously, then clans can just leave because they are afraid to talk to you. Naturally, you can still hunt them down and kill them.

I see this often with mercenaries. I pay them, but they still just leave at a random point in the game. It's irritating. Also, this happened with a clan that I had a 100 relation to. They just left without notice.

The idea in general is to have more to do while playing. It's not only taking fiefs and killing lords, it's about maintaining your actual kingdom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom