If a companion dies does it open up a spot for a new companion to spawn in game?

Users who are viewing this thread

WNxSpectre

Recruit
I was wondering if a dead companion opens a space in game for a new companion to spawn? And if it does enable a new companion to be spawned, how long after the companion's death will a new companion spawn in world? Is it immediately or does it occur at periodic times during game play?

I am curious, because this might be a solution to a situation in which there are no good companions available for recruitment. We hire a less than ideal companion and allow that companion to die in combat. It is a bit Machiavellian, but after all it is just a game and might allow another chance at getting a better companion to spawn in world.

I would assume they just spawn at a certain rate rather that use a slot system.
Would be a very bad game design to make the player have to kill companions to get new ones.

Upd: didn't see the post above, had this tab open for way too long, haha

One companion spawns every 6 weeks, and I don't think there's an upper limit, so they'll keep spawning indefinitely. Deaths don't affect it in any way that I'm aware of.
I think there actually is an upper limit since there are mods like Bannerlord Tweaks/Unlimited Wanderers that remove it. Maybe it's there to stop them becoming too repetitive but if you use Distinguished Service to promote your troops to companions you'll see fewer wanderers spawning unless you use those mods to remove the limit.

I think there actually is an upper limit since there are mods like Bannerlord Tweaks/Unlimited Wanderers that remove it. Maybe it's there to stop them becoming too repetitive but if you use Distinguished Service to promote your troops to companions you'll see fewer wanderers spawning unless you use those mods to remove the limit.
I had heard mention of a hard cap at some point, but I have no confirmation that it really exists in the game.

I would guess, even if that cap exists and you keep all your companions alive, age related death would over time open up new spots in the world, even after the limit is reached.

One companion spawns every 6 weeks, and I don't think there's an upper limit, so they'll keep spawning indefinitely. Deaths don't affect it in any way that I'm aware of.
Every six weeks in game time? That seems a bit fast compared to what I am seeing in game. Are you sure it is 6 weeks? Over the years of game time passing there should be quite a few companions, if that were true. Could it be every 6 months in game?

Back
Top Bottom