Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

keags6

Recruit
I loved assassins creed pirate game, But felt for how good it looked and how fun the battles were, It lacked depth. This game has the opposite at the moment, It has all the depth but no immersion. Remove the TERRIBLE ship battle music (it sounds like it belongs in an Atari pirate arcade machine) and add real shanties! better than AC, Maybe commission these guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBNt3ALLcLQ (im pretty sure pirate shanties are public domain too!) Also would be great to see (even if very low res) sailors and pirates on my ship when I am in battle.

Please also add the ability to walk around ALL of the towns, settlements and ship decks. Please add something to break up the game play like robberies in the original mount and blade. I always loved testing my characters skill against two cut throats that cornered me in a town without my men. Why remove it? To me it feels like you have removed and changed a lot of stuff for the sake of it just being a different game, But why use the MB engine and remove its best bits? please take pause for consideration and remember why those features were in mount and blade to begin with. its a strategy game and a role play game, I never could get into games like crusader kings 2 and mount and blade drew the line perfectly for me, I feel your taking this game away from what makes mount and blade games so good. I dont feel like an adventurer because I only see my character in one or two settings ship or field, tavern is not big enough to mention :razz:

Your game is ok but it would be amazing if you added back the immersion with game play rather than pages of dialog. I always felt that there was a story to be told when I start a fresh mount and blade game but not this one so much.

In conclusion I feel like it is stuck between being a strategy/commerce/simulation game with more menus and less action, combat and immersion or mount and blade with pirates. I Think the second would be the best with elements of the first. Just give us immersion back! at least this is my interpretation and I dont know your plans for development, these are just things that cross my crazy mind and may be wrong or right!
But please dont take my words as negative, I really enjoy this title!

Back
Top Bottom