Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Quintillius!

This is my suggetion...

My character is enlisted as a mercenary in a lord's army, and my character is out of fight, hard wounded or he kills one or several enemy ... why the Lord did not give him a bonus? eg 100 florins or more!

Thank you

I registered just to suggest this.

Hunting should be made into a viable profession, rather than an extra source of food. Here's a short list of several things that could be implemented to improve hunting.

1. Variety. In the New World, you could add exotic animals like jaguars, which would actively attack you, and capybaras which act like boars. In Calradia, you could add goats to mountainous areas, feral horses to the steppes, camels and jackals to the deserts, wolves to the forests, and bears and bison to the northlands.

2. Better drops. Animals could drop hides and other goodies. Perhaps animal skulls could be implemented as minor relics for Norse and Tengriist players. Hunting could also give you a small boost of prestige per kill.

3. Trophy hunts. Rare, awe-inspiring beasts that travel around the land, killing these would get you a decent amount of renown and prestige, as well as very expensive drops. They could have a high amount of speed and health, and could attack the player as well. Losing one of these animals would incur a massive loss in renown.

4. Competing hunters. Bands of hunters that will sweep up any animals the player doesn't attack. If the player were to be really dastardly, they could kill these hunters and take their pelts and meat. Kingdoms can also hire hunters, which will give them extra food every day, at the cost of a couple florins per week.

I hope that my suggestion can be considered. Thank you for reading.

EDIT:
Some possible downsides to hunting:

1. Muslim and Jewish characters can't acquire the meat, or may have to suffer a drop in piety for every animal they kill. This is due to religious restrictions, as both can only eat meat that has been ritually slaughtered.
2. Certain herds could be considered Crown Game, and would lower your reputation with the local kingdom unless you have an expensive hunting license for that specific kingdom.
3. Corpses could have to be butchered before the full drops can be gathered. Maybe slice(pun intended) this into two actions, skinning and butchering, so that the player can acquire hides faster than meat and skulls.
4. If possible, extinction could be a problem, especially for the more exotic creatures like Camels, Jaguars, and Bison.

Additional suggestions:

Perhaps a hunting skill? I'm not entirely sure what it would do. It could increase your chance to get better hides and meat, or it could go with the skinning/butchering action, speeding up both actions by a certain percentage.

Hunter troop tree for the Swadians, Nords, Vaegirs and Rhodoks. A fast, very-lightly armored(peasant-tier clothing) archer with a decently powerful crossbow and a puny dagger. Could be the unit required for hiring kingdom hunters. The Khergit can hunt animals with their horse archers fairly effectively, and the Sarranids can't hunt at all. Slow-reloading rifled-guns could be an option for the late game, with decent accuracy and very high damage.

If there is anywhere planned that could utilize these animals: elephants. There's no where currently in either the Old World or New World that these would fit, but they would be more than welcome as an addition. They could drop precious ivory tusks that can clean out the richest merchant's coffers, as well as a literal ton of meat. They'd have to be as dangerous as a group of 50 Swadian Knights though. The trophy elephants would be absolutely impossible to defeat without a really fast horse, a high-power firearm and a truck-full of luck.

That's is indeed a very neat idea, implementing such things would be great :grin:
As for the muslims, it is permissible to hunt running animals (like deers) if you say it in the name of God. But you need sharp weapons like
bullet and arrows, not rocks. But this is a game after all. As for jews, I don't know

granDknight said:
1. Muslim and Jewish characters can't acquire the meat, or may have to suffer a drop in piety for every animal they kill. This is due to religious restrictions, as both can only eat meat that has been ritually slaughtered.

Islamic rules (halal) allow for hunted meat so long as the name of Allah was invoked over the weapon before firing, so they wouldn't lose piety for hunting.

Quintillius, I admire your Religion system in Nova Aeatas, though would be there one day enchantment of it?
  15-17th centuries are well known for religious wars not only between Christians vs. Pagans but also Catholics vs. Protestants vs. Orthodox.
Will there be Reformation (Down with popists!) and Inquisition and Counterreformation (Nobody expects the Swadian Inquisition!!) NPC's and events, etc?

It'll be interesting to play as fanatic Catholic which burn heretics or play as stubborn and no less fanatic Puritan protestant.

Indeed it's the time of religious wars and the expansion of Russia. I haven't found enough time yet to implement this all.

Any good ideas about this are welcome.

There is a Catholic Pope in Nova Aetas, there would be Reformator (mix of Calvin and Luther) in Swadia, and Orthodox Patriarch in Mithridian Empire.
  I sure love how religion (or ideology) is made in Total War series like Medieval II, Shogun II, Empire and Napoleon.
Building of various structures that encourages one religion and decrease the other.

Though,  I think I did a mistake to bring it up that early. Glorious 4.0 is at hand and Religion is about for...hm... 5.0?
  No rush. Aye, nxj to every thing there is a season.

It would be very difficult to represent the religious wars of the 16th-17th centuries in the M&B engine without allowing for mass splits in the existing Christian powers, because the Schmalkaldic War, Thirty Years' War, and French Wars of Religion were civil wars within the Holy Roman Empire and France between Catholics and Protestants.

My suggestions would be as follows (spitballing here):

1. Get rid of Cathars and replace them with Hussites, with mixed troops and early access to firearms. (The Hussite armies scared the yellow piss out of Christendom in the early 1400s.) Also, no Protestants should exist at gamestart.
2. After a scripted event around 1500, Catholic PC nobles in Swadia, Nordic Union, Agonic Order and possibly Kingdom of Rhodoks should receive a preacher in one of their towns, or failing that castles, urging them to start a rebellion and become king. If they don't, then about 30-50 years later, revolts will occur in each of the mentioned kingdoms under a random town-owning lord (failing that, a castle-owning lord).
3. When a Protestant revolt starts, every Catholic lord in the kingdom (including the PC) has the option to switch religion to Protestant and join the rebellion. The rebel kingdom keeps the culture of the nation they split from, but has a new king and a separate religion from Catholicism.
4. An independent Catholic PC will hear about the first Protestant rebellion. At that point, they will have the option to convert for free.

Ramidel said:
It would be very difficult to represent the religious wars of the 16th-17th centuries in the M&B engine without allowing for mass splits in the existing Christian powers, because the Schmalkaldic War, Thirty Years' War, and French Wars of Religion were civil wars within the Holy Roman Empire and France between Catholics and Protestants.

My suggestions would be as follows (spitballing here):

1. Get rid of Cathars and replace them with Hussites, with mixed troops and early access to firearms. (The Hussite armies scared the yellow piss out of Christendom in the early 1400s.) Also, no Protestants should exist at gamestart.
2. After a scripted event around 1500, Catholic PC nobles in Swadia, Nordic Union, Agonic Order and possibly Kingdom of Rhodoks should receive a preacher in one of their towns, or failing that castles, urging them to start a rebellion and become king. If they don't, then about 30-50 years later, revolts will occur in each of the mentioned kingdoms under a random town-owning lord (failing that, a castle-owning lord).
3. When a Protestant revolt starts, every Catholic lord in the kingdom (including the PC) has the option to switch religion to Protestant and join the rebellion. The rebel kingdom keeps the culture of the nation they split from, but has a new king and a separate religion from Catholicism.
4. An independent Catholic PC will hear about the first Protestant rebellion. At that point, they will have the option to convert for free.

OR there would be easier to set the start year for beginning of 16th century already and simply add the extra christian religions and change the Norvegrs and Swadians for Protestant and Mithridian and Vaegir for Orthodox.

Dear Quintillius, in your Magnum Opus and vanilla version the political system is feudal monarchy, though I like the reworking of the society in your modification with social classes that may arise to power or become the problem for the PC in politics.

I know there is plenty of possibilities in the great mod like entitling yourself or proclaim various edicts, though I wonder if it possible to have enough possibilities and options to establish republican (at least quasi-republican) state alike were Commonwealth of England or United Provinces?
    (With probably reduction of the lords secession)

Fairly simple idea,
More stone to break at the quarry, its a bit annoying to have to leave and comeback

Not sure if this is possible, but I think the ability to buy slaves from city/castle dungeons (that have prisoners) would be pretty cool

First I would like to say, this is my fav mod (and I played a lot of mods).

My Suggestions:

Information:

Troop Tree: Would be cool if the Troop Tree could update with the tech advances, or have some info about the late units.

Mod Version Info: I read your comment on steam that you didn't changed the mod name to the current version because it would change the savegame directory, but I think, maybe you could either change the mod launcher image with the number of the version or put it on the Game Concepts in somewhere, I have subbed your mod on steam, but I don't know if it have been updated or something went wrong. Due to some bugs.

Town Scene:
Comissioner localizations on Town (castle room): They are positioned very far from the door, sometimes I just want to check something on they, and I have to walk all the way to them, I think it would be better if they were closer to the door.

Recruitment and units stationed on Town/Castles:
Captured Town/Castle garrison: Sometimes when we players capture a Town or a Castle as a vassal, and we request to be rewarded with the capturing, is hard to recruit garrisons to stay in the Town/Castle,  would be cool if it could be "auto filled with garrison, like when other lords take it" or if we could ask to the king or I don't know, someone who could send a garrison for the captured place.

Garrison Troops without having a Town/Castle: I don't know if this is possible, but would be good if we could have an option to "make camp, or something" just to garrison troops while we are doing something else, like garrison troops we will need to garrison a town/castle, or a place to left the troops while we are going to the colony with few ships.

Transfer of resources/money from Town/Villages
Maxed Villages: At some point in villages we will have builded all the buildings, and the village pop cap will be at the max, (I think there's a cap because mine have 80 and won't go above it), after we reached the "limit" their resources become useless, we can't use them for anything more, it would be cool if we cold transfer them to our colonies or maybe to another villages, or have them to make a 4th resource for selling.

Retrieve money from Towns: I don't know if I haven't found how, but I don't know how to get the tax collected out of  the towns, so I invest in buildings and edicts, but this is all. (I'm playing as a Vassal)

Misc Suggestions:

Add cavalry with pistol on the last tiers, I don't have any historical name in mind, but I think it would be cool to have some cavalry pistol as mercenaries, wearing no armor, or maybe with the late cuirassier armor.

Pirates with pistols :shifty:: Maybe make a faction like the Turguhn Horde, to start raiding after the start of XVII, one the player could join and recruit gunpowder units (pirates) without any armor. You could use a piece of land of the Acztaoc Empire to simulate their localization on Caribbean and they would start hostile to the player and maybe everyone.

You could make a text like "The discovery of gold on the far lands attracked the attention of the Greedy Lords, but also, from the Crime Lords, who can see their living on the ocean, filling ships of gold, and raiding the ships carrying gold, but different from the old armored warriors who are reluctantly to adopt the Gunpowder, those criminals love to see the old very armored Lords falling to the Gunpowder.

Some ideas...

1)possibility to duel a Lord of your faction when talking to him. Victory means you gain renown and influence equal to his level*2. Losing means that he will think that he is losing his time, so you will lose honor, renown and relation with the Lords of your faction.

2)possibility to duel an ennemy Lord before a field/siege battle, if you have enough persuasion. It would introduce a new way of fighting. If you win, the Lord will die and his army rush into garrison in the nearest town. If you lose, you die (can be modified to being captured if it's too hard). Definitely. You can duel a Lord every 200 days maximum, to avoid all the Lords to disappear.

3)possibility that a prisonner Lord challenges you to a duel, depending of his level (for example (lvl/10)% chances every day he is prisonner). If you win, you have the possibility :
-to kill him (gain prestige and renown, lose relation with ennemy lords)
-to release him (gain honor and relation with ennemy Lords, lose renown)
-to put him in prison again (gain honor)

4)possibility to have bodyguards

5)lose relation with Lords who don't share your faith, as well as towns and villages. The higher the faith of a Lord is, the more you will lose.

6)bad injuries if you are wounded

7)make the age we choose at the beginning impacting the game, as well as the traits we get (patriotic, power hungry, wise, etc...). For example, a young character will get a +4 in Ironflesh, a quite young character will get +2 Ironflesh and +1 Intelligence, considering he has studied. An adult will get +1 Ironflesh +1 Intelligence +1 Persuasion. An old man will get +1 Intelligence +1 Persuasion +1 Leadership. A very old man will get +2 Intelligence.
A few examples coming to my mind for traits, the best would be to have to choose only one at a time : you choose 2 good traits and 1 bad.
Open minded : +2 Engineer
Revolutionair : +1 Leadership
Amiable : +2 Trade
Helpful : +2 First aid
Skillful : +1 Riding
Respected : +1 Weapon Master
Patriotic : +2 Leadership -1 Trade
Power Hungry : +1 Ironflesh
Authoritarian : +2 Path-finding
Conservative : +2 Trainer
Stoical : +1 Shield
Reactive : +2 Tactics
Strong Willed : +2 Persuasion
Hateful : +2 Power Strike -1 Ironflesh
Revengeful : +10 Tracking +5 Spotting

Aggressive : -1 Trade
Crude : -1 Trainer
Profligate : -1 Ironflesh
Weak : -1 Power Strike
Clumsy : -1 Power draw
Narrowminded : -2 Leadership +2 Trade
Ungrateful : -1 Persuasion
Irrationnal : -1 Tactics

:cool:add the animations from floris (Papa Lazaru's OSP) for one handed and 2 handed weapons

:smile:

Back
Top Bottom