Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm rather certain it's the same thing on Mac, though I may be mistaken.

I believe the locations of the folders are the biggest difference.

I wanted to know if, for the next version, it was possible to add some basic gameplay mods, like companions equipment auto upgrade, or pre battle orders, etc... The well known mods you can find in almost every modules.
I know nothing about modding, so excuse me if it sounds stupid, but i wanted to know, if it's not too difficult.

Guanfei said:
I wanted to know if, for the next version, it was possible to add some basic gameplay mods, like companions equipment auto upgrade, or pre battle orders, etc... The well known mods you can find in almost every modules.
I know nothing about modding, so excuse me if it sounds stupid, but i wanted to know, if it's not too difficult.

This.

Love this mod, surely among the best around, but player troops annoy me at times...

Training only 10 high quality soldiers takes over a month, no matter your training skill it seems. in my opinion, this should be a lot less if you have a high training skill, or you should be able to hire trainers to make it only a week or so. It would also be quite handy to be able to train them as is: for example, if you train recruits in your capital, they cannot be upgraded as of now. If you could upgrade them, it would be a lot more practical and realistic, really.

A recruit for each tech tier should also be added, as to make the aforementioned idea work.

Besides that, some gameplay mods should be integrated:
>volley fire, spear bracing, formations (all of which exist already - next to no work required) ...otherwise there really is not a point in having spearmen or musketeers due to awful reloading times and a bit bad accuracy
>pre-battle orders

And it would be cool to set a faction religion as well, and each one could give different bonuses to the kindom and troops.

F.ex:
Norse paganism: 2+ ironflesh, +2 power strike, +50 weapon skills, higher linen exports, excellent marine
Judaism: Increased trade of all sorts, higher income - no warrior or noble bonuses
Islam: +1 iron flesh, +1 power strike, +2 tactics for all nobles (terrorism lel), +1 pathfinding for nobles, higher silk prices and export
Christianity: Higher recruit numbers, +3 tactics for all nobles, +2 training for all nobles, +2 powerstrike, decent marine
Tengriism (khergits or whatever) +3 horse archery, +1 ironflesh, +100 to bows, +2 to riding.
Atheism: +3 tactics, +3 leadership, higher tech advancement

More armors would also be nice:
Conquistador-ish armors, better muskets, perhaps cannons,
More nordic armors - for reference, Gustav Adolf's armor - even though he lived during 1600s, his armor was ceremonial if i recall correctly
More 1400-1600 armors in general

Brilliant mod. Best I've found so far.
Suggestion(s):
More complex family options?
Could you have more options to do with courting and marriage? So maybe dancing or letter writing as well as just poetry.
Also, could you also perhaps add in children?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions!

Training only 10 high quality soldiers takes over a month, no matter your training skill it seems. in my opinion, this should be a lot less if you have a high training skill, or you should be able to hire trainers to make it only a week or so. It would also be quite handy to be able to train them as is: for example, if you train recruits in your capital, they cannot be upgraded as of now. If you could upgrade them, it would be a lot more practical and realistic, really.
Added this to the game. Trainer skill will remove some days from recruitment period.

Besides that, some gameplay mods should be integrated:
>volley fire, spear bracing, formations (all of which exist already - next to no work required) ...otherwise there really is not a point in having spearmen or musketeers due to awful reloading times and a bit bad accuracy
>pre-battle orders
Oh yeah? Where...? Most are designed for original M&B and others are awful complex and long and buggy.

F.ex:
Norse paganism: 2+ ironflesh, +2 power strike, +50 weapon skills, higher linen exports, excellent marine
Judaism: Increased trade of all sorts, higher income - no warrior or noble bonuses
Islam: +1 iron flesh, +1 power strike, +2 tactics for all nobles (terrorism lel), +1 pathfinding for nobles, higher silk prices and export
Christianity: Higher recruit numbers, +3 tactics for all nobles, +2 training for all nobles, +2 powerstrike, decent marine
Tengriism (khergits or whatever) +3 horse archery, +1 ironflesh, +100 to bows, +2 to riding.
Atheism: +3 tactics, +3 leadership, higher tech advancement
Already ingame.

Really don't see why people like auto loot for companions. Just equip them yourself and they will keep this stuff.
Furthermore pre battle orders, don't know much about it, but seems unnecessary.

Some people are freakin spamming These fourms.
When they have 4-5 message that are only a sentence each.

I had some much better to implement ideas on Page 11. Which you might not have seen.

I have only respect for you and your quite artistic mod. And I know that certain features are much harder to to implement than others.

(Auto Loot/Equip/Pre Battle orders are simply not needed to start off.So don't listen to those people)

Also perhaps the penalty for killing a lord could vary depending on who they are? I do not see why everyone would be so hostile toward me because I killed a nobody Aztec chief.

Like if you killed a lord in a faction that is at war with a lot people. Shouldn't you be praised and not shunned by their enemies?

Once again GREAT MOD, i love the armor with capes. And realistic early, high damage guns.

Oh they aren't spamming as long they come with suggestions. And I - did - read your post, but I don't always reply.

Also perhaps the penalty for killing a lord could vary depending on who they are? I do not see why everyone would be so hostile toward me because I killed a nobody Aztec chief.
You have some point here. Penalties for killing Acztaoc, Turguhn and Khergits are hereby disabled.

1.Make there be prejudice based on your religion in certain kingdoms perhaps? (Like get worse prices, recruitment, maybe not be welcomed in certain cities ect)
That's something I've always wanted to be in, but in which form was kind of question for me. Putting a price penalty is a good candidate.

2.Put in basic scences for colonies.(i may just not seen any yet)
3.Chance of Mutiny on ships from low morale.
8. pirates and ship caravans you could raid(I haven't gotten to the latter periods yet)

Scenes for colonies are planned to be in v1.5. Ship mutiny is a good one though!

4. Improve ships to be more smooth so Zendar isn't popping up randomly on my screen.(yes I have a ship)
5.Perhaps put in chance of injuries(the perma death is great).
?

6.Allow to bring Companions into Ruins(and more ruins are great)
7.FreeLancer Mod(there's some others you could grab)
Nah I support Docm30's opinion in this matter. If you want to have freelancer gameplay, just follow lord's parties closely and get engaged in fights.

9.Allow "Forced Recrutment" as a hostile action.
Interesting, I'll write it down.

Once again I really like this mod. I've spent many hours in it.(I'm on around day 300). I really admire you and your work. And thank you for being willing to listen to a word I say. I may not be a modder but I've played a lot of mods.

But yeah for "Forced Recruitment".

If you have a big enough force to intimidate a village. You could be able to drag force people into your army. With of course negative effects, such as
~lowering village Relations
~Could lower relationship with kingdom
~Lower relationship with Lord who owns it
~Lose Honor?
~Maybe even be seen as a provocation of war

2. Also another smaller idea. Greatly Up the damage of arrows and Bolts(throwing spears as well). This would make horse archers and crossbows far more deadly. And I'd stay a bit more realistic.

3.Weaken the Aztec troops.
  A group of Natives in loin clothes should not be able to cut through ranks of hired Blades so easily.
Or you could strengthen Heavy Armored Units/knights greatly.(Stats,Amour ect)

3.1The counter to strengthened Knights ect. Would be what really took them down.
A knight could be hacking down common men left and right. THEN a Bolt strikes his heart and he falls as the lowly crossbowman grins in pleasure.

3.2)To counter their greater strength you could greatly raise upkeep. To make them much harder to have.

4.)Add a "work rate option" in Colonies which affect production.
Let's say you have slaves in the sliver/gold mines work brutally hard and a certain amount or percent die every week. Here's some ideas for the choices...
~Very Low(Benevolent)-Good Growth in population, Noticeable loss in goods.
~Low-Slight growth in population, Some loss in Goods.
~Normal-None , no loss of goods.
~High-some slight decline in population, some gain of goods.(low risk of action from Colonists)
~Very High-Larger decline in population, noticeably increase in goods. (Risk of a strike/rioting by colonists)
~Brutal(Malevolent)Massive death, Massive gains of goods.(Risk of Slave Revolt)

(possibly Colonists threats of breaking off)

4.1You could show how many slaves/Colonists there are and have unique reactions from each. Showing how Slave ether die or flee. Or colonist desert or if a few more arrive.

5. Attempt to implement a "Bank Of Zendar". Located in of course the most well defended city on the map.
It would fit them perfectly.

I must say you have always great ideas. Well-found and easy to implement.

1) It's in
2) I've added an iron bolt type with same stats as steel ones before. Steel bolts now cause 10 points extra damages + crossbowman have now right stats (power draw instead of power strike). I warn you. Do not mess with a Rhodok Sharpshooter, one bolt = instant kill  :wink:.
3) The Acztaocs weapons deal now 3-10 points less damage
4/5) Thanks for sharing! I am definitely using that idea.

can you please increase a bit the gladius damage and decrease the recharging time for the fire weapons? Now are pretty useless, too mutch time for recharging and too less precision..:-\..i hate firegun! :grin:

Gladius stats are indeed way too low. They are now higher.
Recharging time for firearms stay. You clearly have never ever played my other mod Europe 1805. There you'll have to wait hours before your firearm is reloaded. And precision = terrible. And still it offers an interesting gameplay. It's a new time period where individual heroes are pushed to the background. In this new era it's all the way of regiments and being part of a group of shooters. There you need to get off your horse and fight along your men.

That era begins in Nova Aetas.

Unique features and Sceneros are the big thing that draws people in.
The more unique the better,and this mod is sure lookin good. Hopefully it can be bumped further up the top 100. I'll try to come up with more good ideas if I can. :smile:

1.)To start keep the firearms the same, there good and realistic in my opinion. And they should take a while to load because that's how they really were. Very High damage,low precision,slow reload.

2.)When the enemies "Flee the battle" have them full blown running the other direction and not really fighting back much at all.  Till they rout from the map.

3.)If a force attacks you. If possible force them to charge. Usually this doesn't happen but...
  (It is annoying if you have a force double the size of yours sitting on a hill and your forced to charge)

4.)In the New World, Add patrols of hostile natives moving around the Islands.(making the lower islands more dangerous)

4.1 This is basically tied into the Hostile New World groups. Add small "escaped slaves" groups that you can catch then add to your inventory.

4.2 The "Slave revolt" idea from before would be great fun. To receive a message that...

"You have received word that, The slaves of ( ) have risen up and slain the colonists! They now hold the colony and all production has been cut."

Then you ride up and inside the colony is a "Slave Rebellion". It would of course vary in size depending on population.  You'd fight in a Colony scene to regain control.

4.3 For a strike it could be the same as when peasants are angry about taxes. Then you and some of your men beat them down with sticks and they quiet down.

Not sure if som1 said it already but a similiar thing to what I believe Floris mod has, a screen thingy where u see whos in war with who and whos in peace and so on, so u know it will be easy to attack when they are already at war with ev1 else, now just see who is in war with me

Also, can you increase party size for the player, right now I dont have castles yet, but last playthrough I had like 10castles and 4cities but had army size max like 140, my vassals having twice that, not sure if has already been "fixed" or changed or w.e but would be good to get like the normal 20+ army size from a castle or maybe leadership adds 10-15 to party size?

Twezie said:
Not sure if som1 said it already but a similiar thing to what I believe Floris mod has, a screen thingy where u see whos in war with who and whos in peace and so on, so u know it will be easy to attack when they are already at war with ev1 else, now just see who is in war with me
You can already check that by going through the notes of the factions, though.

Reus said:
Twezie said:
You can already check that by going through the notes of the factions, though.
Oh damn, never thought of that  :eek: too used to just checking it from faction relations :grin:
Would still be a helpful little thing tho:smile:

Hello! Just wanted to say that the mod is truly amazing, best on the market so far! After playing it for a while i am here with a list of small suggestions, which IMHO can improve gameplay.  I am not suggesting any modelling/scenes as, I believe this work is always in progress.
1) Make use of town houses else than just renting them to people (For now houses which you can buy look very cool but why not to make some practical use of this wonderfull modeling work?). For example if you get married your wife stays in the house but not in the town hall (or maybe an option to tell a wife where to stay - either town hall or house). Also maybe a possibility to start not only a fiests (which are taking place in city hall) but also  dinners or costume balls (size of the celebration depends on the house size) in your house where you can choose by yourself who to invite. For example you can invite different calsses - nobility, merchants, church people. And depends how rich and well made your celebration was, the more prestige (maybe also smth else) you get. Another example - inviting lord for the dinner where you can have some dialogue with him and depending on your persuation skill, food quality and dialogue options, you increase or decrease relations with him. Maybe also an option to get a lover so you can cheat on your wife and get some advantages/disadvantages.
- Possibility to sleep in house (same as wait in town) but there is a chance of random events like - 1.Attack of assassins, random visit of a random lord and some other (if the feature going to be implemented i can suggest a lot of such events).
Basically i got infinite suggestions for use of a house  :grin:
2) Marriage. Marriage also can be a very nice and interesting feature in the game. As it was in real life in 16-17 century, marriage was a great manipulative mechanism. So i think it can be cool to add options to you wife to persuade her relatives to do some actions in you advantage. For example option for wife to persuade her father/brother to follow your company. Basically the same options "Can i suggest a course of action" but it wont depend on your relation. To simplify - your wife has a chance to persude her relative to do one of "Can i suggest a course of action".
- Possiblity to have a children. This feature can add LOTS of new gameplay improvements. Like you can bring up your child and sooner or later he can become your companion. Skills will depend on how your brought him up.
3) Colonies. Its a very nice feature already now, but what about giving palyers and option not just to build a colony but to be an ordinary colonist? Maybe possibility so NPC can also colonize islands and then you can get hired as colonist. By doing some randopm quests (kill natives in the forest/defend colony/harvest wheat, e.t.c.) you can get raised in rank from ordinary colonist to colony governor.
4) Also what i think can be a nice feature is a possibilty not just to build buildings in the towns (hospital for example) but also to visit it and even manage (improve the building). It will add even more micromanagment to the game.
5) More advanced diplomacy options. Basically for now you can just go to war/peace or become a vassal. Why not to add some options from diplomacy mod. Like alliances, defensive pacts (maybe even marriages between your daughter (look at suggestion 2) and another faction kings son? Also maybe an option to persuade another king to join you as vassal (ofc it should take a lot of work, like caping his towns, defeating his lords and so on) This will also make possible to create real Calradic Empire without actually caping EACH town/castle on the map.
6) More options as a vassal. Maybe king can apoint a player as a chancellor of defense, finace (you then have options to steal from tresury and manage factions financies), law (you can create eddicts), maybe even possibility to be assigned as emmisary, so you can by random quest of your king travel across Calradia and persuade other kings (by dialouge trees and skill) to do smth or negotiate with them.
7) As it was suggested before maybe some features from Mercantilism mod.
Well, i got so many suggestions for this great mod, but i think thats enough for now :grin: I totally understand that some of my suggestions are very complicated and hard to impliment, but its just suggestions of what i think will make the mod more interesting. Thank you for your time!

Back
Top Bottom