Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure if I'm just terrible at building armies from scratch, but I never get a full army. I hire a bunch of troops, although they are all so weak that they get killed in their first battle. I've begun hiring a bunch of companions as they are much more reliable. Before you call me a noob, thinking I don't upgrade my troops - I'm not stupid, I do upgrade my troops. They end up dying quickly anyways.

Maybe make the start a bit easier for the player, so he has a bigger chance in battles early on. I've been soloing almost every battle of mine so far. Don't boost the actual player - boost the early-game troops.

yeniadam said:
A new map would be great instead of the old, boring map i guess...
It would be weird if he created a new map. It's still the good ol' Calradia we know from the Native game. It wouldn't make much sense if the world itself had changed a whole bunch during the period between the Native module and Nova Aetas.

It would be nice if we chose quests from a menu. Guildmaster quest giving ratio should be increased. And  Bountyhunting quests should be added to taverns like Perisno and Brytenwalda.

Maybe make the start a bit easier for the player, so he has a bigger chance in battles early on. I've been soloing almost every battle of mine so far. Don't boost the actual player - boost the early-game troops.
I loved the early game battles. Giving a different feeling from the other mods. Appearing behind is a great  idea for battlefield improvements. Makes the combat challenging, pushing and realistic.. But there must be varieties too - for mid and late game. Maybe like Knighthood Orders in the Prophesy of Pendor...

It would be weird if he created a new map. It's still the good ol' Calradia we know from the Native game. It wouldn't make much sense if the world itself had changed a whole bunch during the period between the Native module and Nova Aetas.
Well... I guess you're right. But making some changes wouldn't hurt, on the contrary it would make the mod much more fun. Like adding some more cities, castles, villages, different places... Things like that which will expand the native map. A completely new map is not a 'must'.

yeniadam said:
Well... I guess you're right. But making some changes wouldn't hurt, on the contrary it would make the mod much more fun. Like adding some more cities, castles, villages, different places... Things like that which will expand the native map. A completely new map is not a 'must'.
The map already has new things. Such as the islands off to the west, the Turguhn Horde attacking from the east, and several forest, mines, ruins and things around the map. The map has been edited a whole bunch already, and it's very nicely done.

1. I have another suggestion, though. I don't know if this has been done already - seems like it hasn't - but I'd really love to be able to duel a Lord without ruining my relations with him. I really love dueling in this game, and I find tournaments and arena way too easy. I also beat the waves in the Training Fields. Although being able to duel a Lord would be amazing.

I think there should be an option, when you talk to a Lord, to challenge him. Then you'd get the option to do it with horse and a lance, sword and shield, two-handed sword, staves, whatever. Any weapon. The Lord should, of course, be boosted quite a bit since the player takes many more hits and does much more damage compared to the NPCs in the game. I think this option would be really cool. I've also stumbled upon many Lords who say they wish to test me in the battlefield some day. Being able to duel them would answer that matter.

2. I also think the Turguhn Horde needs a buff. They started out alright, taking a pair of fiefs from the Khergits and from the Sultanate, although already at day 101, the Horde was eliminated. The Khergits attacked one of their two castles, while the Sultanate attacked the other one. They were eliminated way too quickly. The text that shows up when they begin coming, makes them sound so dangerous and ruthless. I was pretty excited to see the normal Calradia war stop for a while, having all the factions unite to try to stop the merciless Horde, although the very early elimination made me disappointed. Since I joined the Rhodoks, I didn't even get to experience the war against the Horde, as they were in the other side of the map.

Yard1 said:
I really like the mod, but I miss some of the big OSP scripts.

Diplomacy mod could really spice things up, and Battle Formations would be a much needed addition to the battles. The tournament enhancement mod would also be really nice. Generally, most of the scripts in Floris are a good addition.

This. So much this. Having to issue out a dozen commands each battle gets old. Over the course of playing mount and blade WB I have done thousands of tournaments, as I am sure many people have. It gets really, really, really, boring. The floris mod lets you pick a bunch of options plus giving you a 1-3 tier prize based on difficulty, and that was pretty awesome. Or AD 1257s system. Liked that one a lot too. PBOD and diplomacy, along with the majority of the Floris mods are more or less a standard thing in most (not dead months ago) mods I have seen. IMHO without them mods don't seem to get much traction and support. Quality of life mods seem to be a big deal in all games actually. I do love the mod though, it has a very high ceiling that takes a long time to reach.  Same reason I loved PoP.

Upgrade Village to Cities
Build a Fort as Brytenwalda
Republic Mode and the Senate
Hungry Mode
Emerging new characters as time passes
In the republic mode, That the control village, castles and towns is changed annually by choice
in the republic, which is an army and command of this, be changed annually, either by appointment or by your climb it from the beginning
propose legislation to the Senate, which could change anything
designing the soldiers of your faction and citizens
citizens can make turns, form a rebel army and take command of the faction
in the republic are more military and political positions that everyone can take
everything you do is the faction with the approval of the Senate, either invade a faction or colonize
take control of a faction by a revolt without creating another faction

emernic said:
A deathcam or some way to not have your troops get steamrolled after you die in a battle would make this game sooo much better. Amazing mod, but troops retreating on player death makes this mod much less fun for me  :sad: I end up sitting on the sidelines because fighting just isn't worth the risk.

Yeah this is a must. Even if I told my men to just charge they would fair better. Auto-calc sucks.

Random events during sea travel? example finding a shipwreck and have the choice to loot or not, find a castaway to recruit or even worse a storm that could damage your ships and kill some of your men, it could be expanded to more ideas and would be even better if there's Land random events aswell.

1. A option in report -> "View Factions relations report" (like diplomacy mod)

2. Upgrade texture on the world map

3. More info about game features or wiki page.

4. A minimap in battles.

5. Autoloot and equip for companions.

First off I would like to say this is one of the best mods I have ever played. The wide array of features and ways to play is astounding. But, one major feature that I believe NEEDS to be implemented is formations. I'm not a modder so I have no idea how difficult it is to implement that, but formations always brings battles to the next level. Thank you so much for making this great mod.

Put the "party roles" like silverstag! It's much better than the "autosell" feature that there is in some mod(es. perisno), is more simple, easy and immediate...So the companions finally will have a REAL purpose..:-\
references:
http://silverstag.wikia.com/wiki/Party_Roles

co46 said:
Put the "party roles" like silverstag! It's much better than the "autosell" feature that there is in some mod(es. perisno), is more simple, easy and immediate...So the companions finally will have a REAL purpose..:-\
references:
http://silverstag.wikia.com/wiki/Party_Roles
Pretty dope idea.

Most mods should have this.

A way to change the numpad keys to other keys on the keyboard would be great, as a laptop user, I cannot use the special abilities, it makes me sad when I press Z then I look at my keyboard and say "Well, let's play the normal Mount&Blade as always, no special powers that obviously make a difference" I only found one person who asked for it and the person was pretty much ignored... so, yeah changing the keys for that would be great!

To start, LOVE the mod. And am happy to find the latest version running better.
I've been in the mod for a few monthes and may not have seen all the features yet but here are some.

1.Make there be prejudice based on your religion in certain kingdoms perhaps? (Like get worse prices, recruitment, maybe not be welcomed in certain cities ect)

2.Put in basic scences for colonies.(i may just not seen any yet)
3.Chance of Mutiny on ships from low morale.
4. Improve ships to be more smooth so Zendar isn't popping up randomly on my screen.(yes I have a ship)
5.Perhaps put in chance of injuries(the perma death is great).

6.Allow to bring Companions into Ruins(and more ruins are great)
7.FreeLancer Mod(there's some others you could grab)
8. pirates and ship caravans you could raid(I haven't gotten to the latter periods yet)

9.Allow "Forced Recrutment" as a hostile action.

Back
Top Bottom