Ideas & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

In relation to the comment on the Cathar Extremists, why not add in bandits like the Hussites or Bogomils? Both groups plagued the Holy Roman Empire, which Swadia seems to be somewhat based on. Perhaps you could also consider adding in more cities and stuff to the area behind the Vaegirs, which is currently just empty wasteland.

Grothmog said:
In relation to the comment on the Cathar Extremists, why not add in bandits like the Hussites or Bogomils? Both groups plagued the Holy Roman Empire, which Swadia seems to be somewhat based on.
Those would also make very little sense for bandit parties. The Hussites didn't roam around the place shooting and killing people, and the Bogomils were much like the Cathars. But I like the idea of Hussites. Perhaps have the Hussite Wars happen near and around Dhirim while the Albigensian Crusade happens from Jelkala to Jamiche?
Perhaps you could also consider adding in more cities and stuff to the area behind the Vaegirs, which is currently just empty wasteland.
I'd like to see even more expansions to the Sarranid Lands. Perhaps down to a quasi-Arabia with a Sharifate protected and ruled de-facto by the Sultanate.

EDIT: I was thinking over my ideas, and this sprouted up:
If the Albigensian Crusade will go from Jelkala to Jamiche, that would make the Hashalla area akin to Al-Andalus. Perhaps in addition to the Albigensian Crusade, there should also be a Reconquista to establish a Spanish-esque Kingdom from Weyyah Castle, to Caraf Castle. Maybe implement it so that when Hashalla is conquered it gets renamed to Shariz or an alternate form of Shariz. In addition, said Spanish-esque Kingdom could have a higher chance to colonize areas in the New World. Essentially: take areas in the game and make them so divided between new factions and old factions it looks like a whole new world.

And to continue with the theme of disunity and strife in Calradia, I noticed a couple unused islands that could be used to a great extent. The island by Kulkum could have a castle on it, perhaps a powerful yet tiny principality akin to Liechtenstein? The islands south of Rhodokia (the landmark island is the reverse-E) could be utilized to make up for the loss of Jelkala-Jamiche.

Some more observations of Calradian geography have made me realize that the rivers don't make much sense. Perhaps placing lakes at the end of the rivers would solve this, or expanding rivers into other nearby rivers or back into the ocean. If lakes are added, then perhaps there could be island hideouts or fortresses for bandits or even more factions.

I found a master weaponsmith or something like that and he had rly good swords. But they were all one-handed or both two and one-handed and their ranges were quite small. Could you add at least one Two-handed greatsword or something to have a longer one too?

So, I just had something really weird happen in my game.

The kingdom of swadia has reached tech level 4 even though the kingdom of rhodoks is still level 1. Is it possible to make the progression of tech level a bit more even?
I am part of the rhodoks, so it is starting to be annoying that I still cant get gunpowder troops.

Kingdom of Swadia advances faster, but you're really unlucky that they're already at level 4.
Make your own kingdom and invest in tech and learn those Rhodoks to adapt technology.

I had that Problem in version 3. Nordic Union was at Level 5, everyone else at 1. Didnt have that problem at all in Version 4.

Halbard said:
To s(t)imulate technological advancement which is partly based on date, the years start going by faster. It's explained in the Main topic.
Until 1650, it's 1 year a day. After that, it's 1 year per week untill 1695 where it's the default calender.
You can change this in the camp under Options.

Thanks,

That's perfectly fine actually ,I might prefer a possibly earlier date it returns to normal at unless stuff really advances technologically say, maximum mid 18th century after that  I don't think Single Player Warband works to well with the changes in tactics , I was just worried before long i'd end up in the 20th century and it wouldn't sit right,

will check the options

KidKoala said:
Halbard said:
To s(t)imulate technological advancement which is partly based on date, the years start going by faster. It's explained in the Main topic.
Until 1650, it's 1 year a day. After that, it's 1 year per week untill 1695 where it's the default calender.
You can change this in the camp under Options.

Thanks,

That's perfectly fine actually ,I might prefer a possibly earlier date it returns to normal at unless stuff really advances technologically say, maximum mid 18th century after that  I don't think Single Player Warband works to well with the changes in tactics , I was just worried before long i'd end up in the 20th century and it wouldn't sit right,

will check the options

Nice, just going to let the game get to the year i'm happy with (around 1520) then play on!

On the tournaments front would it be possible (as I imagine the random tournament participants e.g. Sir Invincible of Arsenugget, Sir Bummer, Guardsman Allstatsmax, Captain Cocknose etc) who should be listed in the troops list could get their strength, agility and weapon proficiency lowered significantly (perhaps 50% or more) to make it remotely fair for the player playing on regular damage?

Is it possible to open up the troop tree with morgh's tools without messing up the module files?

Hi Quintillius

Could you add, like in Floris Expanded mod, enable our companions retrieve the rest of the booty in the case we don't have enough room in our inventory?

It's more easy to sell items!!

And one moree idea:
Create a bandit's army followed by some band of bandits!! I like very much that in Floris, it's stressful!! yes!  :mrgreen:

Thank you. :grin:

I just encountered the random event, where you join a feast and there are 4 options - to eat a lot, eat relatively much, eat only a little or not eat at all.

The problem, in my eyes, is that there's really only one good option here - the fourth one. This is because it has the highest chance of gaining a good trait and no chance of gaining a bad one.

I'd like to suggest amending this somehow. For example, adding a high chance of getting a charisma-related trait if you decide to spend money and eat a lot. Since you spend time with people, it could be a trait like "Sociable" or something like that. That should be enough to balance it. Please do offer more thoughts and opinions on this though, it is only a thought at this point.

Also, could the option "Speak to the Guildmaster" be added to the town menu after you've found and talked to him once?

I noticed my vassals' relations go down by 5 each weak. I don't have a problem with it really but wouldn't it make more sense changing that value according to the lord's traits/personality or maybe even religion?
For example making honourable lords lose less relation or lords with the loyal trait also lose less. Or maybe a character trait like friendly or sociable that makes you lose less.
Like this it's more of a relationship between you and other nobles instead of everyone hating you more and more every week regardless them being your best friend or your most hated scum lord.

Here's an idea, i've no idea how hard it would be to implement though I think it could be interesting in terms of realism and moral.

Would it be possible to make it so that all parties on the map (bar bandits/parties being chased/chasing) camp at night? say between the hours of 7 - 10pm and 3 - 6am and give a moral bonus/cause a severe drop in moral if you keep your party going to long without making camp for the night. Maybe even bandits but for a shorter period to stop them gang banging any lone parties on the map in the brigand heavy areas.

I tend to do this myself anyway (for roleplay I guess) when it get's dark in-game as I always expect to run into a mass of bandits if i'm moving in the dark!

Like I said I don't know what the practicalities are of implementing something like this, I just thought it could be interesting as most AI parties seem pretty lifeless/have unlimited endurance when running about, it could have an interesting change on the pace of the game too.

I want to cry ... spend a lot of time upgrading my crafting skill to make a legendary sword then find out i cant use it as i need to have 30 point in str
Needless to say i could bought this thing ....
And worse leader skill 3
Inventory management 2
Cry and get along or edit  :dead:
crafting is not really rewarding ...
i will cry and get along  :meh:

LOL!

You spent all your points to agility while you need to have strength 30. 

:iamamoron:

You can sell another crafted legendary sword for -+2,500 profit though.

Quintillius said:
LOL!

You spent all your points to agility while you need to have strength 30. 

:iamamoron:

You can sell another crafted legendary sword for -+2,500 profit though.

No thanks , 90k income weekly  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom